Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

3 hours ago, ah2oguy said:

I have surfed behind a G and M.  The G is a nice boat without a doubt but I found the surf wake had alot to be desired.  The G wake didnt seem to have the same push as my current 23LSV when  you aredeep in the pocket.  On the G you have to stay close to the boat and do your tricks or riding from there, The height of the G wake was also smaller compare to my 23LSV.  The Smaller wake on the G is great for Shim style riding or beginners but thats about it.  My Current 23LSV has alot more push and steepness compared to the G.  I would take my 23LSV all day long over the G when talking about a surf wake.

Now the M, The M has a even longer surf wake than my LSV and the G with alot more push from the back of the pocket. The M you can adjust the height and Pitch of the wake which makes it great for beginners, shim style riding and just cruising.  If you want a steep and tall wake you can get that to with the M for the surf style riders also on the M the wake on either side of the boat are the same with a huge barrelling wake at the back of the pocket.

The M is  equal to or better than the G in size and functionality but has alot more creature comforts IMO.

Go test the G and let me know your thoughts.

Oh by the way the G I rode behind is owned by a factory sponsored rider so please do come at me and say the G wasnt set up right!!!

I'll be getting on a dialed in 2015 LSV wave this weekend and report back. I haven't ridden a better wave than my G weighted correctly thus far, but also haven't ridden an M. My buddy that has ridden my G and the LSV back to back in the same day said that my wave is slightly better, only in the push department. Everything else was very similar as far as height an depth of pocket goes when riding.

17 minutes ago, nohlan4 said:

I'll be getting on a dialed in 2015 LSV wave this weekend and report back. I haven't ridden a better wave than my G weighted correctly thus far, but also haven't ridden an M. My buddy that has ridden my G and the LSV back to back in the same day said that my wave is slightly better, only in the push department. Everything else was very similar as far as height an depth of pocket goes when riding.

I can definitely agree in the push of the wake department on the G.  I disagree on wake height as I feel the LSV is about 1' taller

I am running my 2015 23LSV at 10.6 wedge down 2 bars from Stored and PNP.

Am friend that we ride with occassionaly has a sacked out Axis A22 and that wake is even taller but not more push than my LSV wake, The LSV wake comparable is cleaner as well

23 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

So just an an FYI/PSA my dealer, Ultimate Marine in Reno, is sitting on three 2016 M235s.  So there might be a deal to be had for someone shopping for a maybach on an amg budget.

MN Inboard appears to have 4 at the moment, must have just got another one in.

http://mninboard.com/boat-inventory/?wbpage=1&wbtype=new&wbcount=80

53 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

So just an an FYI/PSA my dealer, Ultimate Marine in Reno, is sitting on three 2016 M235s.  So there might be a deal to be had for someone shopping for a maybach on an amg budget.

And so it begins,

1 minute ago, Stevo said:

And so it begins,

I just priced one out on seedealercost. Had to check almost every option to get to ~220 msrp. I don't know if this is to be believed, but there was ~90 difference between MSPR and invoice. Yikes!

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Stop it. I'm trying to enjoy my vacation , not trying to think about having to work harder 

Could just finance for longer rather then working harder :biggrin: 

27 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Could just finance for longer rather then working harder :biggrin: 

A $130k boat is double what I currently have. Even at 15yrs that's still Ridiculous

• Like 1
Just now, Stevo said:

A $130k boat is double what I currently have. Even at 15yrs that's still Ridiculous

that is just under what we paid for a 2600 square foot house about that long ago;)

• Like 2
On 7/21/2016 at 10:09 PM, DarkSide said:

Same question M235?  

As stated earlier, I demoed the M235 at the factory.  The surf wave was excellent but there was no wakeboard at the whole factory for me to demo.  My point is to claim that the M235 is the cream of the crop is just a fanboy statement.  

8 hours ago, ah2oguy said:

I have surfed behind a G and M.  The G is a nice boat without a doubt but I found the surf wake had alot to be desired.  The G wake didnt seem to have the same push as my current 23LSV when  you aredeep in the pocket.  On the G you have to stay close to the boat and do your tricks or riding from there, The height of the G wake was also smaller compare to my 23LSV.  The Smaller wake on the G is great for Shim style riding or beginners but thats about it. 

Oh by the way the G I rode behind is owned by a factory sponsored rider so please do come at me and say the G wasnt set up right!!!

I'm guessing you didn't demo the G23 with the 2016 hull.  I surfed and wakeboarded both and the hull changes in 2016 made an amazing difference.  The surf wave, with stock ballast, is AWESOME.

Edited by bamaboy
ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

As stated earlier, I demoed the M235 at the factory.  The surf wave was excellent but there was no wakeboard at the whole factory for me to demo.  My point is to claim that the M235 is the cream of the crop is just a fanboy statement.  

I'm guessing you didn't demo the G23 with the 2016 hull.  I surfed and wakeboarded both and the hull changes in 2016 made an amazing difference.  The surf wave, with stock ballast, is AWESOME.

This last statement will be confirmed or denied this Saturday ;)

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

34 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Go 20 years. :)

What @teamerickson said! :crazy: 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
6 hours ago, wheelman said:

Wizard lake is blowing theirs out for $130 us 

I suspect that this (or even lower) will be the going rate from here on out. At some point the bubble has to burst. There are certainly people out there who are willing to pay upwards of $170k to have one, but Malibu is clearly running out of innovators and early adopters to sell to. 

5 minutes ago, tgregorc said:

Wizard is blowing theres out as they are no longer a Malibu dealer....thats far below what its worth.

Only worth what someone will pay for it, and so far nobody is paying 138K for that particular one ;)

• Like 2