Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Just now, DarkSide said:

I think they will be very careful with the 23, first it's the best selling wake boat, period!  So I don't think they will push too much bigger, second if it gets too big, the 450 will have to become the standard engine, like on the 25LSV/24MXZ thus taking away an upgrade profit center.  Who knows, the only thing that is 100% certain is it will cost more.  

You have a point. If they were to up the size, upgrading the standard engine will raise willingness to pay even more than the standard 10% (or whatever the annual base price increase is now). 

8 hours ago, WakeSwagger said:

You have a point. If they were to up the size, upgrading the standard engine will raise willingness to pay even more than the standard 10% (or whatever the annual base price increase is now). 

THAT THING IS PRETTY! But yet again the prices of these boats are getting insane.  Not saying the quality isn't there, but makes it a dream at this point in time for me.

13 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@DarkSide haha nice! Skiing a really long line that doesn't give like a wakeboard line on a free ride ski is actually a blast. Turns are so long!

here you go what you need, and it will be the best skiing boat on earth :rofl::rockon:

9 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I think they will be very careful with the 23, first it's the best selling wake boat, period!  So I don't think they will push too much bigger, second if it gets too big, the 450 will have to become the standard engine, like on the 25LSV/24MXZ thus taking away an upgrade profit center.  Who knows, the only thing that is 100% certain is it will cost more.  

Standard motor on a G23 is the direct injected 5.3 L.  355 HP and 405 ft lb of torque

From what I hear, it performs just fine as well.  

There are other ways to get more out of a boat.  Such as a 2:1 tranny and a 17 inch prop

Edited by bamaboy
15 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Thank you! Thank you very much!

I would love to go to a '17, however I don't order "flip" boats.  So I would lose my arse, trading it in right now.  I need to get a couple more years out of the surfer!  Besides that the surfer is Finally 100% dialed, it is problem free, and I still prefer the long, low lines of the gen 1.  Not to say I couldn't love the deeper lines of the 17. 

If.ordering today I would still likely order an M235, again you upgrade the 24, it would be almost the exact same as an M235, the M is just a couple inches deeper, my head would not hit speakers in the M235, they do in the 24MXZ.

What's a flip boat? Buying one with zero options and selling it yearly for the next model? 

Just now, SnubNose said:

What's a flip boat? Buying one with zero options and selling it yearly for the next model? 

Definitely not.

Check out the book, "The Art of the Flip" by IXFE.  Good read.  Especially the parts about his love-hate relationship with Mike Brendel.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Definitely not.

Check out the book, "The Art of the Flip" by IXFE.  Good read.  Especially the parts about his love-hate relationship with Mike Brendel.

Dont Forget the B52 Love Child of 2012

45 minutes ago, SnubNose said:

Can someone give me the jist 

Buying and selling the same boat every year. IXFE has mastered this and has done it the last 4-5 years (maybe even longer). 

Just now, BlknYlwT22 said:

Buying and selling the same boat every year. IXFE has mastered this and has done it the last 4-5 years (maybe even longer). 

And what lose 10k or so ? 

@SnubNoseA flip boat, is one without SUPERFLUOUS options!  You have to option the boat enough that someone else will want it, but pick your options wise enough, not to bury yourself in it.  @IXFE has this down to a science.

Certain options are awesome to have but do not return enough value when selling every year.  Things like heated seats,  shower, top tier engine upgrade, excessive flake, etc.  

These things are great but the resale market doesn't  care that you spent 6k on flake, or 17k on the 575.  

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

Definitely not.

Is there a Kindle version?   :werule:  All joking aside, was there a detailed thread on this?  I know he always does the stereo delete and exile build, but what else?

4 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Is there a Kindle version?   :werule:  All joking aside, was there a detailed thread on this?  I know he always does the stereo delete and exile build, but what else?

I will take offers for his phone number.  Let's start the bidding at a TMC towel

9 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Sorry guys... I'm at Shasta with almost zero reception. At the moment I happen to be floating in a spot with a few bars of LTE...

He water is so flat I actually wakeboarded!!

Now now... Do I seem like the kind of guy that loses $10k every year??

I'll post the IXFE flip recipe later.  Just know that the main ingredient is NO SALES TAX  

05DED260-4903-4CD4-88FD-FFAA4F8080A6_zps

We should have a flip train.  You get the new one every year, I'll take your old one every year, someone takes it after me, and so on.  We repeat this every year.  Everyone's a happy camper :yahoo:

Edited by Suggy
  • Like 2

I know one of the other keys to the IXFE plan, is order in the winter when incentives are at thier peak and prices are at their lowest, then sell in August when prices are at thier highest.   

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Sorry guys... I'm at Shasta with almost zero reception. At the moment I happen to be floating in a spot with a few bars of LTE...

The water is so flat I actually wakeboarded!!

Now now... Do I seem like the kind of guy that loses $10k every year??

I'll post the IXFE flip recipe later.  Just know that the main ingredient is NO SALES TAX  

05DED260-4903-4CD4-88FD-FFAA4F8080A6_zps

There are 5 states that this would work where there are no sales tax. Oregon, Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, and Delaware. I'm blessed with paying 9.5% in my city. 

• Like 1
Just now, Josh4mc said:

There are 5 states that this would work where there are no sales tax. Oregon, Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, and Delaware. I'm blessed with paying 9.5% in my city. 

I feel your pain.  We are at 8.5%, there are exceptions though, if I buy IXFE boat from IXFE, I pay no sales tax, if I buy IXFE boat from the dealership he traded it into I pay 8.5% tax.  If I trade my boat in on IXFE boat at the dealership, I pay tax only on the delta between what my boat trade value is and the sales price.  

So to flip in AZ is possible you just need a dealer who will help facilitate the annual upgrade.   

8 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I feel your pain.  We are at 8.5%, there are exceptions though, if I buy IXFE boat from IXFE, I pay no sales tax, if I buy IXFE boat from the dealership he traded it into I pay 8.5% tax.  If I trade my boat in on IXFE boat at the dealership, I pay tax only on the delta between what my boat trade value is and the sales price.  

So to flip in AZ is possible you just need a dealer who will help facilitate the annual upgrade.   

Taxifornia hits you on all of the purchases no matter private party or not. You still have to pay the tax if you buy out of state and register it in CA within a year. I think you need to convert @IXFE to the 24MXZ.... 

1 hour ago, Josh4mc said:

Taxifornia hits you on all of the purchases no matter private party or not. You still have to pay the tax if you buy out of state and register it in CA within a year. I think you need to convert @IXFE to the 24MXZ.... 

I love the new 24MXZ, but it scares me as a flip boat. So does the G23. Those boats are soooo expensive I worry that anybody who has that kind of coin would just as soon buy a new one.  I can't imagine flipping an M235.  Too risky for my blood  

The 23 LSV is easy money. Never have my boats sold as fast as the LSV's. Even the VLX was a harder flip. 

9 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I love the new 24MXZ, but it scares me as a flip boat. So does the G23. Those boats are soooo expensive I worry that anybody who has that kind of coin would just as soon buy a new one.  I can't imagine flipping an M235.  Too risky for my blood  

The 23 LSV is easy money. Never have my boats sold as fast as the LSV's. Even the VLX was a harder flip. 

DarkSide lives on here... I believe it would be a slam dunk! haha

11 minutes ago, ah2oguy said:

IXFE where the hell are you that its 110 feet deep?  Hell in Florida 16' is a deep lake

As mentioned in his post with the pic... He is on Shasta Lake