Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

3 hours ago, tn_rider said:

I'm lost as Hellen Keller trying to use google street view. Why is doc Phil gone?

I think he said mean things on the internet, so he was given the TMC lifetime death penalty.  I never saw what he said.  

• Like 2

Before this gets shut down, anyone have the specs for the hard tank sizes in the 235? I tried searching this thread, and nothing really came up. Just the "total" ballast numbers.

Tried to go see one in person, but Havasu boat show only has a 24MXZ and an A24.

Edited by gorilla

Attempting to keep this thread on topic...here is the setup Malibu Engineering suggested.

The Axis 550 bags with an adapter to convert to 3/4 hose for plug and play for the rear lockers.

Ronix 650 bag for Bow...Don't think I will get a walkthrough bag...but might. I have the bags on order...just waiting on TVA to raise the water.

Delivery date for my boat is April 20th depending on weather...any of you East TN folks want to ride...hit me up. Im happy to take BuCrew folks for demo rides.

Edited by Cipro
cant spell
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

I've had a few close friend demo it already. Wave is insane and very very good with just 550 pnp and even stock as Mason said. I don't think you are going to need the bow bag. No one I know has needed it. 

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Malibuboats.com say the Maximum Factory Ballast Capacity is 5400 lbs. They may break it down more on their site somewhere.

Haven't been able to find a breakdown. Everyone is saying no bow bag needed and the animation they had in the release video shows a huge front tank.

Edited by gorilla
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I'll be at the factory later this week, and I'm hoping for a pull. I'm hoping to get a few pics, maybe a video, and answers to questions. 

yeah... c'mon all up on my side of the country and not hitting me up for a Diet Coke with lime.

• Like 2
On 4/9/2016 at 1:07 PM, Ronnie said:

Malibuboats.com say the Maximum Factory Ballast Capacity is 5400 lbs.

Wowsers...that's roughly the same as the overall weight of my boat with full (aftermarket) locker ballast.

4 hours ago, formulaben said:

Wowsers...that's roughly the same as the overall weight of my boat with full (aftermarket) locker ballast.

But in typical Malibu fashion, the 5400 lbs INCLUDES the 1500 from the wedge, which not really true ballast in my book. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, formulaben said:

Oh, but still almost 4000lbs, that's plenty more than my boat's dry weight.

True.........so, stack your boat on top of the M235 and have fun!!!! :lol:

26 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

Saw this on Facebook. Hopefully the link works. Wave looks massive. 

Holy Shizzzzzthats a large wave, it looks like the rider is working overtime and isn't even getting up the face of the wave 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Holy Shizzzzzthats a large wave, it looks like the rider is working overtime and isn't even getting up the face of the wave 

LOL, that was the Saturday, and the first surf excursion that day on the boat. The wave is extremely powerful, took me a bit to handle the speed generated from the wave. Justin is goofing off in the video and is riding a weird shaped Ronix board that he described as riding a spoon.

Me behind boat:

12963912_10209622783712375_2246282639868

Edited by kerpluxal
1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

Those poor peoples docks!  

My neighbors are gonna hate me...ill have to stay in the main channel, or ill get run off loudon.

Wait till the first fisherman going 87 in a Nitro Bass Boat hits a roller...

I joke, but seriously I will have to be careful with this monster.

Yeah, I'd hate to see a hip high roller of packed water coming towards my dock.  Even at 5-6 MPH, my boat can let off a fairly good size roller.  We often go through some very narrow passages, I've gotten some looks and choice words!

Edited by saxton15
3 hours ago, saxton15 said:

Those poor peoples docks!  

I agree, this is a classic example of why people want to ban wake enhancing devices.  To me that is just way to close to the docks.

• Like 3

No way I would ever do that so close to docks with boats there, surfing or not...either high idle or go fast to minimize wake.

Coming soon to a channel near you: NO WAKE ZONE.

17 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

LOL, that was the Saturday, and the first surf excursion that day on the boat. The wave is extremely powerful, took me a bit to handle the speed generated from the wave. Justin is goofing off in the video and is riding a weird shaped Ronix board that he described as riding a spoon.

Me behind boat:

12963912_10209622783712375_2246282639868

What's the boat setup for the first video?

On 4/12/2016 at 3:42 PM, nohlan4 said:

What's the boat setup for the first video?

Factory ballast was full with 550s in rear locker, 6 people in boat, wedge in down position (least aggressive).