Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

3 hours ago, MadMan said:

Boat looks great, but I would never tint the windows, makes it too hard to see debris/people in the water at dusk. 

I do far too much night ops for tinting...but having said that, it looks awesome.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, formulaben said:

I do far too much night ops for tinting...but having said that, it looks awesome.

Me too. I tinted the windshield on one of my boats, and removed it shortly after. I love the daytime look though, and that 235 definitely looks awesome with the tinted windshield.

I have had Tint on all my boats, We come in late most days and it has never hindered my ability to navigate, And to be honest I'm always looking over the windshield anyways because of the dash lights, you really dont see that good with or without tint at night. So Leave the Tint!!!

• Like 2

Can you not black out the gauges on a newer Bu? I'd hate to have to be bolstered up at night all the time especially in the early and late season when it is chilly at night.

1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Can you not black out the gauges on a newer Bu? I'd hate to have to be bolstered up at night all the time especially in the early and late season when it is chilly at night.

You can dim the screen down quite a bit but I do not think it goes completely dark.

4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Yes it helps but I really like to look over the windshield at night either way Much better viability, 

Would not be surprised if my dealer sells quite a few M's this year, especially with Lake Tahoe close by.  Seems like a perfect boat for Tahoe and if you have a house on the water on Tahoe that M price tag is chump change.

Was just in there yesterday, its wrapped up right now and will be at the show... from the owner Craig.  IXFE and I will be there Thursday, are you planning on going this year? btw, I have a stack of tickets for free entry thurs/fri and 50% off for the weekend... if anyone in Roseville area needs a few shoot me a PM.

Edited by Fman
9 hours ago, Fman said:

Was just in there yesterday, its wrapped up right now and will be at the show... from the owner Craig.  IXFE and I will be there Thursday, are you planning on going this year? btw, I have a stack of tickets for free entry thurs/fri and 50% off for the weekend... if anyone in Roseville area needs a few shoot me a PM.

I'll take a few tickets. I will be going Thursday too. I was at Larson yesterday and saw the M all wrapped up on the trailer. Looking forward to seeing it all cleaned up at the show. The thing is huge. From what Derek told me, they only have the one M that will be at the show and one build slot. Not sure if they can buy more builds. 

• Like 2

Another M235 from Sac Town and Larson Marine, she is a beast!  Had some time to crawl around in this boat and the engineering is very well thought out.  One of my favorite options is the electric wind screen, pretty slick!  Another item not discussed is the size of the ballast fill lines, they appear to be 2-2 1/2" in diameter with a massive RULE pump I have never even seen before.  Sick boat no doubt!  Just a couple pics to share, I am sure others will have more to follow.  The sheer size of this boat is impressive!

2016-03-11%2009.44.11_zpscuhye0na.jpg

windscreen deplyoed

20160310_183443_zpsb77y7oc4.jpg

• Like 4

I also got a chance to climb around in it. It is a massive boat and although I don't care for the exterior of the boat and gel lines, the inside is a work of art. My favorite was the steering wheel. It's a bit redundant with the controls on the sport knob right there but cool nonetheless. I also liked the major amounts of custom cut billit used throughout the boat. Even in places that can't be seen and some that have been covered by the flooring material. That is a costly use of material and time which goes to show that they had a "who cares" approach in regard to cost. It is definitely a showcase of what they are capable of. Now, the big question is, will they sell enough of them to make it profitable?  That's a hefty price tag for a wake boat. 

• Like 2

The horizontal lines imo were a good call on the M235.  It's a huge, tall boat and those longer horizontal lines stretch it out.  Another attention to detail item was the swim platform being finished underneath.   The surfgate tabs are also massive.  I also like how your head clearance is increased with the G4 because of the depth of the boat, no hitting your head on the speakers! The 17" prop also has plenty of clearance to go even bigger, 18" possibly coming? So many little attention to detail items on this boat.  It made a G23 feel small after being in the M235.

If you get out to look at one make sure and pull up the inspection covers in floor, the ballast fill system is pretty impressive.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 2

I climbed around the M at the Phoenix boat show yesterday and echo all of fman's points.

the freeboard is massive, I'm 6'4 and was eye level with the rub rail at the tower, and that freeboard allows the G4 more room underneath.

that midship ballast intake was massive...

Overall was very impressed with the build quality of the boat.

anyone want to sponsor me? 

9 hours ago, Fman said:

Another M235 from Sac Town and Larson Marine, she is a beast!  Had some time to crawl around in this boat and the engineering is very well thought out.  One of my favorite options is the electric wind screen, pretty slick!  Another item not discussed is the size of the ballast fill lines, they appear to be 2-2 1/2" in diameter with a massive RULE pump I have never even seen before.  Sick boat no doubt!  Just a couple pics to share, I am sure others will have more to follow.  The sheer size of this boat is impressive!

2016-03-11%2009.44.11_zpscuhye0na.jpg

windscreen deplyoed

20160310_183443_zpsb77y7oc4.jpg

That's weird... I took a picture just like that one, only I don't remember the chipmunk. 

• Like 2