Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Because the M got great wake reviews from a publication that only gives great reviews? I have never seen wakeboarding mag post anything but fully positive reviews on every boat they have tested.

Wake and wave both look great though! Can't wait to ride this thing some day.

Nope, from a good friend who has ridden the the M235 and is a pro level rider. He does not own a Malibu and is super finicky when it comes to wakes. He recently rode both the M and the 2016 G23 and said the M blew it away. I take his word at face value. He doesn't speak ill of the G, just said the M was that much better...

Nope, from a good friend who has ridden the the M235 and is a pro level rider. He does not own a Malibu and is super finicky when it comes to wakes. He recently rode both the M and the 2016 G23 and said the M blew it away. I take his word at face value. He doesn't speak ill of the G, just said the M was that much better...

Well, geeze. Now I'm totally sold, especially because you decided to keep that part to yourself on the post that I quoted. You know, the post that you specifically quoted only the wakeboard mag videos, and said "G owners are mad as they just got bumped from the top of the food chain...."

I mean, I'm no rocket surgeon, but I probably would have led off with that.....

Instead, it just makes me think you made it up to back up your statement. Especially when it is hearsay. And especially when there are as many hearsay statements that have been made to the contrary.

It could very well be the best new wakes on the water, and it would be exciting if it is. I also know, that if it is, I won't be butthurt one little bit.

Because the M got great wake reviews from a publication that only gives great reviews? I have never seen wakeboarding mag post anything but fully positive reviews on every boat they have tested.

Wake and wave both look great though! Can't wait to ride this thing some day.

I swear Wakeboarding Mag could review ISIS and still have nothing but nice things to say.

I swear Wakeboarding Mag could review ISIS and still have nothing but nice things to say.

"We engaged ISIS with rocket launchers at 11 clicks, and with a 22 mph wind. Their defensive maneuvering techniques were fantastic, with clean battle formations, and excellent tracer round illumination. We would put this terrorist group right up there with the best terrorist groups in the world."

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 3

Man y'all are so negative. You finally get to see at least some video, that is not by Malibu! The wake and wave still look good, so this source is discredited also!

I am in agreement that magazines rarely write negative reviews of anything! Magazine reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. However at least they did show some video of wakeboard wakes.

• Like 2

Well, geeze. Now I'm totally sold, especially because you decided to keep that part to yourself on the post that I quoted. You know, the post that you specifically quoted only the wakeboard mag videos, and said "G owners are mad as they just got bumped from the top of the food chain...."

I mean, I'm no rocket surgeon, but I probably would have led off with that.....

Instead, it just makes me think you made it up to back up your statement. Especially when it is hearsay. And especially when there are as many hearsay statements that have been made to the contrary.

It could very well be the best new wakes on the water, and it would be exciting if it is. I also know, that if it is, I won't be butthurt one little bit.

Wakebrdr94 did not just make that story up. He shared the same anecdote with me a week ago in PM. I'd post a date stamped screenshot to prove it but I don't believe in sharing PM's or texts on the main forum.

So... I guess you're going to have to believe me. Or maybe I'm just making this up too.

Man y'all are so negative. You finally get to see at least some video, that is not by Malibu! The wake and wave still look good, so this source is discredited also!

I am in agreement that magazines rarely write negative reviews of anything! Magazine reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. However at least they did show some video of wakeboard wakes.

I don't think anyone was being negative. Just pointing out the obvious when it comes to wakeboard mag reviews. They just always give fully positive reviews on every boat they test, no matter what.

I did say that the wake and wave looked great.

Excellent point Cipro, and if the apple sheep would just learn how awesome the android is, everything would be right with the world.

By the way. I make no pretence about being a Malibu fan boy!

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone was being negative. Just pointing out the obvious when it comes to wakeboard mag reviews. They just always give fully positive reviews on every boat they test, no matter what.

I did say that the wake and wave looked great.

He did say the magazine would give ISIS a favorable review. Just sayin

I think Dark hit it on the head with the grain of salt. I have the Magazine subscription and I've never read an objective head to head review of 2 comparable boats

The review 4 boats in different classifications and highlight the notables

He did say the magazine would give ISIS a favorable review. Just sayin

I think Dark hit it on the head with the grain of salt. I have the Magazine subscription and I've never read an objective head to head review of 2 comparable boats

The review 4 boats in different classifications and highlight the notables

I did type it with tongue in cheek but I suppose that didn't come through. I like the Wakeboarding mag videos but I don't think "review" is the best way to describe what the vids are. More like a factory sponsored promo vid

• Like 2

I did type it with tongue in cheek but I suppose that didn't come through. I like the Wakeboarding mag videos but I don't think "review" is the best way to describe what the vids are. More like a factory sponsored promo vid

ITs all good man

Next time I go to buy a boat I'll consult 94 to ensure my rationale to purchase and my expected usage meets his "legit bro" criteria

I pull my son on a tube, no where did I criticize anyone for using their boat in a manner that they saw fit.

Thread has officially hit "TROLL" status....

Fixed it for you Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 2

Just saw that the new Bentley Bentayga SUV (retail $225,000) has a nice option: a Breitling clock for the dash, which spins around on its axis to wind itself. The cost of this option: $170,000. Almost more than the car itself. And I thought the new M had everything. . . .

Next time I go to buy a boat I'll consult 94 to ensure my rationale to purchase and my expected usage meets his "legit bro" criteria

Thread has officially hit "bro" status....

58373626.jpg

• Like 1

Just saw that the new Bentley Bentayga SUV (retail $225,000) has a nice option: a Breitling clock for the dash, which spins around on its axis to wind itself. The cost of this option: $170,000. Almost more than the car itself. And I thought the new M had everything. . . .

Tourbillion Movements are basically the most complex thing you can ever imagine in a watch. 3-axis Tourbillion is basically the holy grail.

Their value is in the precious machining and hand building of the movement.... oh and then like 90% exclusivity.