Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Saw the M235 at the Boston boat show yesterday. I have to say, I liked the 25 LSV better. They were both side by side and the looks and size of the 25, along with the $40K price difference, made it much more appealing to me.

Saw the M235 at the Boston boat show yesterday. I have to say, I liked the 25 LSV better. They were both side by side and the looks and size of the 25, along with the $40K price difference, made it much more appealing to me.

That price difference would have damn near bought my A22, Canadian dollar what it is.

ahopkins22LSV

Have to say the M blew me away this weekend. Everything that is has in it is awesome. Not one detail missed IMO and we went through EVERYTHING in it. My wife felt the same way. The non-boaters we were with were blown away too. Price at the Detroit show was 174k.

• Like 3

One of the things that blew me away was the grab handle has the lights recessed inside. On all the other BU'S these are tiny rectangular boxes just below the rub rail. So a few less holes and a cleaner look. It is these little things that make the difference in price. That will not affect wake/wave or anything else but I still appreciate it.

The machine hours alone on the M is crazy! Engraved grab handles, etc. None of the details come cheap. Some folks won't care, and will see it as a waste, I am thinking there will be enough people who will pony up the $$ for the fit and finish.

• Like 3

One of the things that blew me away was the grab handle has the lights recessed inside. On all the other BU'S these are tiny rectangular boxes just below the rub rail. So a few less holes and a cleaner look. It is these little things that make the difference in price. That will not affect wake/wave or anything else but I still appreciate it.

The machine hours alone on the M is crazy! Engraved grab handles, etc. None of the details come cheap. Some folks won't care, and will see it as a waste, I am thinking there will be enough people who will pony up the $$ for the fit and finish.

Rear view camera is also integrated into the rear grab handle. So slick!

Rear view camera is also integrated into the rear grab handle. So slick!

Translation normal grab bar $300, M235 grab bar $1300, so much harder to create a part that custom. It is fairly easy to see where the money went when you look at the 235 and any other BU's.

The devil is always in the details! The details cause the price to be where it is. Camera on the M235 is $1000 vs 450 on everything else

Edited by DarkSide

Translation normal grab bar $300, M235 grab bar $1300, so much harder to create a part that custom. It is fairly easy to see where the money went when you look at the 235 and any other BU's.

The devil is always in the details! The details cause the price to be where it is. Camera on the M235 is $1000 vs 450 on everything else

Is this all necessary? Heck no!

But it's pretty amazing when you stop to consider they had to run all the wires through that handle.

I can't help but think that they added all these extra little details purely so they could jack the price up and claim that they have the most expensive wake boat on the market. They needed something to justify bringing their prices over and above the G series. I just don't see the added value over the 25 LSV for the dramatic price difference. Are the extras cool? Yes, but we're still talking about a wake boat here, not a house. The way the pricing is now on all wake boats, it's pretty much solidifying the fact that our current boat will likely be the last one we own. I would rather put the investment into a nice inground pool at my house where I can appreciate in value, rather than depreciate year over year.

• Like 2

Bought gas, since it's so cheap ($1.71), to go here!

24915450892_6944333363_z.jpg2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD by Mason Obray, on Flickr

I would rather put the investment into a nice inground pool at my house where I can appreciate in value, rather than depreciate year over year.

Ironically that is where I drew the line. Here in Phoenix Pools are common, they start at 20k and go well over 100k, sad thing is when you get your appraisal, pool is a check box value 15-20k. So 5 years later the 100k pool is worth the same as the 25k pool! The nicer pool will get an offer faster, but will not add the value. Personal use and value is a totally different thing! I am in my 4th house since I been in Phoenix, this is the first one I didn't put a pool in for those reasons. I don't want a pool, I got a boat! Lol Edited by DarkSide
ahopkins22LSV

I can't help but think that they added all these extra little details purely so they could jack the price up and claim that they have the most expensive wake boat on the market. They needed something to justify bringing their prices over and above the G series. I just don't see the added value over the 25 LSV for the dramatic price difference. Are the extras cool? Yes, but we're still talking about a wake boat here, not a house. The way the pricing is now on all wake boats, it's pretty much solidifying the fact that our current boat will likely be the last one we own. I would rather put the investment into a nice inground pool at my house where I can appreciate in value, rather than depreciate year over year.

Agreed, but that is the point of this boat. To have more of everything than everything else. Sure the gadgets and gizmoes add up and aren't needed but, they are very cool! And if you want a with that WOW factor this checks all of the boxes plus some.

Aaaaaaaand, we don't really know how this boat performs yet. None of use have been out in one yet to really put it through the paces. It might knock the socks off the 25 ;)

Tommy's posted this of the wave today....stock ballast only 2 people in boat..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB3EXUODAZn/?taken-by=tommysflorida

Ignoring the size (which looks big considering no PnP), the shape of that wave is different from any Malibu Surf Gate wave I've ever seen. It's not nearly as "rolled over" as I'm used to seeing on the regular side.

E7FA369B-2F29-4869-97D9-138BA9180712_zps

Edited by IXFE

While I love the massive wakeboard wakes and surf wave, I cringe to think of that boat driving back and forth past people docks all day. Hopefully people are aware of their rollers.

Wishful thinking, huh?

While I love the massive wakeboard wakes and surf wave, I cringe to think of that boat driving back and forth past people docks all day. Hopefully people are aware of their rollers.

Wishful thinking, huh?

I suspect in the next 10 years you will see wake boats banned at a large number of lakes. We can't seem to police are own so in the end I guess we will get what we deserve.

He says in the surf review that the difference between the M235 and the 25lsv Is vert.. How much vert is worth ??

I know the fit/finish of the M is being touted , but if I could sack out a 25lsv for what's been posted $25-40k less, I'd have to factor that.

granted I haven't even seen the M or the 25lsv as NorCal boat show(San Francisco) was cancelled because of El Niño (yes your read correctly) or Sacramento which isn't for another month. and I am not even sure there will be one there.

anyone heard anything about it

He says in the surf review that the difference between the M235 and the 25lsv Is vert.. How much vert is worth ??

I know the fit/finish of the M is being touted , but if I could sack out a 25lsv for what's been posted $25-40k less, I'd have to factor that.

granted I haven't even seen the M or the 25lsv as NorCal boat show(San Francisco) was cancelled because of El Niño (yes your read correctly) or Sacramento which isn't for another month. and I am not even sure there will be one there.

La boat show is in a week and a half, both models will be there, come on down! :)

Larson has one M235 coming, might even be at there shop now. I would assume the M235 should definitely be at the show.

• Like 2