Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Thanks,

Ask him the fuel octane requirements on the 575 engine and ask him about what bags fit the real lockers :)

As mentioned earlier, it does take 93 octane, although he say that you could probably get away with 91.

As for the locker bags, he said he wouldn't confirm anything over 550's, but as he said himself, "I won't be the least bit surprised when people get there hands on it and try putting bigger bags in there."

Hope that helps. Didn't have a ton of time to hang around the show today, but definitely wanted to take a look at this monster.

Congrats on the new boat, looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Wife sat in the M235 today and could not get comfortable. The top of the seats have bolsters that stick out and really aren't comfortable to lean against. And, the windscreen cannot be controlled by the dash. One guy at the show swears he sat in one at Texas and the switch was near the throttle, but it was in front of the windscreen on the boat at the KC show. Generally though, the boat is impressive. Engine access is tough, and I struggled to get the warming tray removed as it has to slide around the strut that holds the hatch open. Step down seats are solid and don't fold to rest on the seat base when flipped down - there is about an inch gap so those hinges take all the weight of someone stepping down in them.

750's fit. 550's were used to pass CE testing according to my contact.

Ya, I'm sure they will fit...... also pretty sure they wont fill to anything near 750.

Those compartments looked considerably smaller than a 23LSV rear compartments (looking in the compartments with the 2 boats sitting side by side) because of the notched in seat. Not to mention, they also seemed a few inches shorter in length (front to back). I'm thinkin a 550 boot shaped bag is about all it will take, unless you make a custom bag that also goes forward under the lounge seats.

Finally crawled around one in person this weekend. Impressed with the knick knacks, but the wife and I both actually preferred the 25LSV.

I think the M235 is kinda like Mastercrafts X46.

I loved that they moved the trash can and access to it by removing a couple of cup holders, however, I hate that they left the cooler under the seat. When I have an empty, I usually want a refill, so it defeats the purpose of moving the trash when you would have to have somebody move to get your refill anyway.

Did you notice the fine print at the bottom of the Seattle boat link on the Malibu models. M235 noted as not on display but available for order. I called them last week and was told a m235 would not be at the show.

Did you notice the fine print at the bottom of the Seattle boat link on the Malibu models. M235 noted as not on display but available for order. I called them last week and was told a m235 would not be at the show.

Those bastards tricked me!

Edited by Pnwrider

I despise Malibu/Indmar quoting torque figures for power. Torque is not a measure of power, it's a measure of force. Horsepower is power.

Actually HP is a measurement that is calculated based upon torque and RPM. Without either HP does not exist.

1. POWER (the rate of doing WORK) is dependent on TORQUE and RPM.
  2. TORQUE and RPM are the MEASURED quantities of engine output.
  3. POWER is CALCULATED from torque and RPM, by the following equation:

HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • Like 2

I despise Malibu/Indmar quoting torque figures for power. Torque is not a measure of power, it's a measure of force. Horsepower is power.

Ya.... But then they would have to call them the Raptor 350, Raptor 390, and Raptor 510, and that doesn't sound as good :)

Actually HP is a measurement that is calculated based upon torque and RPM. Without either HP does not exist.

• POWER (the rate of doing WORK) is dependent on TORQUE and RPM.
  • TORQUE and RPM are the MEASURED quantities of engine output.
  • POWER is CALCULATED from torque and RPM, by the following equation:
HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

Which would be the exact reason that HP is a more important measurement than just torque. It is a more comprehensive measurement of work performed by the engine...... No matter if it is a towboat or a go cart.

Looks like we were both wrong. I'm glad I get to see one in person. Can't wait to post the price on here! http://www.seattleboatlife.com/seattleboatshow/

looks like they might have one of those cobalt surf boats on display too.

edit: Seattle Boat is missing a real opportunity with the M235. In this market there is NO WAY they shouldn't have one at this show. It would steal the show, guaranteed.

losers!

Edited by rennis
  • Like 2

Which would be the exact reason that HP is a more important measurement than just torque. It is a more comprehensive measurement of work performed by the engine...... No matter if it is a towboat or a go cart.

Personally I would rather see a torque curve over a horsepower curve any day. Torque gets the load moving.

Personally I would rather see a torque curve over a horsepower curve any day. Torque gets the load moving.

I you have a torque curve, you can easily calculate the horsepower. If you just have a torque value (with no rpm), you don't really have much information. For example, if you have 1000 lb-ft of torque, but at only 1 rpm, you have 0.2 horsepower.

I think these are going to be an overall very hard sell in the $160+ range. $140s they'd be in the game.

1-2yr old pristine 450 G23s are easily had in the $100-110k range.

You'll have a few weed stoner accent team riders with Monster glasses hype them to the moon and back. But that won't get them sold at $160+. Let's assume for a moment they perform better than a G and there are no systemic QAQC fails.

So the few of them out there will sit in lots or be demos. The team rider hype will continue to increase. Either prices will drop or they'll decontent the boat to bring the prices down.

A $40-60k delta can't be stoner bro accent hype'd over, get your waders on, it's gonna get deep. And don't forget the new 23LSV. Still a very very strong performer buyers will be looking at side by side.

• Like 3

There will be buyers, may not be the wake enthusiasts like on this forum. There is always the guy that wants the Biggest/Best/Most expensive tube puller on the lake.

I have not seen/ridden the M235, I struggle to see how it could be that much better than the surfer. I could be wrong though.

However from IXFE review, the extra money is evident in fit/finish and materials.

I think you might be missing the whole point of a horsepower measurement, or you are under the impression that horsepower is a completely different thing......

Besides that, a torque curve gives you every bit of information needed to determine horsepower at any point in the curve. Same with a horsepower curve..... It gives you all the information needed to determine torque at any given rpm. Seeing either chart gives you exactly the same information. I am unsure why you would prefer one over the other.....

Horsepower is a REALLY simple measurement. It is torque/speed. In a world filled with gears and different engine speeds, one is not more important than the other. They are combined to provide performance measurement in any situation.

I you have a torque curve, you can easily calculate the horsepower. If you just have a torque value (with no rpm), you don't really have much information. For example, if you have 1000 lb-ft of torque, but at only 1 rpm, you have 0.2 horsepower.

^This

Horsepower and torque ARE NOT different things. Torque is a twisting force measurement, horsepower is THAT SAME measurement of twisting force, with additional information that is needed to actually determine the amount of work that the engine is capable of.

Yep I watched and oil guy in Dallas walk in behind his wife and buy a G25 in 2-3 mins.

He didn't want the boat, he was a offshore sport fisher guy down on the gulf. His wife wanted it to have something to sunbath on and pull grandkids on a kneeboard.

How much?

Can you take off $5k and keep the trailer? It'll stay in the water.

Can you have it at my dock this afternoon?

I'll have my bank wire you the money in a few minutes, thanks.

Edited by nyryan2001
  • Like 2