Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

I think the wedge is comparable to some ballast but not even close to 1500 lbs. That is a sales gimmick... realistic numbers imo would be 500-800. Does anyone run the wedge past three clicks up here? I tried it and the boat drives/reacts wierd and it puts a huge load on the engine. I max out at three clicks.

Edited by Fman

How bout "wedge". As in X,XXX pounds of ballast + wedge.

Easy enough.

I think the wedge is comparable to some ballast but not even close to 1500 lbs. That is a sales gimmick... realistic numbers imo would be 500-800. Does anyone run the wedge past three clicks up here? I tried it and the boat drives/reacts strangely and it puts a huge load on the engine. I max out at three clicks.

I tend to agree. I'd be very surprised to see actual numbers of downward force on the wedge.

I will be attending the Milwaukee Boat Show tomorrow, I know they have a M235 there.

Any questions for the rep there? Any picture requests? I am happy to contribute where I can!

I will be attending the Milwaukee Boat Show tomorrow, I know they have a M235 there.

Any questions for the rep there? Any picture requests? I am happy to contribute where I can!

Thanks,

Ask him the fuel octane requirements on the 575 engine and ask him about what bags fit the real lockers :)

• Like 1

Hey Cip I've been doing a lot of research on the 575 as I ordered it in my boat, it recommends 93 octane I'm sure 91 would suffice probably just pull a little timing. Also I finally found a horsepower number as well, it stated 510hp and 580 ft lbs torque

I'd like to see where the switch is for the windscreen and how it works. On the promo video it seemed like it was in front of the windshield which seemed like an odd place to put it.

I'd like to see where the switch is for the windscreen and how it works. On the promo video it seemed like it was in front of the windshield which seemed like an odd place to put it.

It's in front of the windscreen (upper left corner of pic).

M235%20WS%20Switch_zpsdkvzuv9p.jpg

I tend to agree. I'd be very surprised to see actual numbers of downward force on the wedge.

To measure the equivalent ballast:

1. Run your boat at the appropriate speed with the wedge set where you like it.

2. Use a grease pencil to mark the waterline while the boat is underway.

3. Put the wedge up and ballast the boat until it runs at the same waterline while underway.

Could you please get a high-res picture of the electrical panel?

Hey Cip I've been doing a lot of research on the 575 as I ordered it in my boat, it recommends 93 octane I'm sure 91 would suffice probably just pull a little timing. Also I finally found a horsepower number as well, it stated 510hp and 580 ft lbs torque

Yeah...what i figured...my only real head scratcher on this boat.. If you keep the boat at a Marina or live on the lake...and fill up at a marina, good luck finding anything above 87, at least where I live.

I really dont want to take the boat out every time to fill it up...

Edited by Cipro

The fuse panel is very cool, I just noticed the 110 inverter, double aux charger, and battery charger connection on right side of panel. Would be cool if Malibu passed this down to Wakesetter line in the future.

The fuse panel is very cool, I just noticed the 110 inverter, double aux charger, and battery charger connection on right side of panel. Would be cool if Malibu passed this down to Wakesetter line in the future.

That is why I thought this M Series was a good idea for Malibu to mfg. The other models will see improvements overtime because of this boat..

My thought on the switch in front of the wind gate. Maybe the windshield has to be Open to close the dam. Having the switch in the front makes you have to open the window in the front makes you have to open the window first.