Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

I don't envy the mechanics who are going to have to crawl in through that jack-in-the box locker to service the engine, which also looks like it's really deep between the stringers.

3D64C492-0BC6-4AC8-B03B-E486B9D650DA_zps

From a DIY maintenance perspective I'd sure rather have the G's gullwing flipup thing that exposes the whole motor.

I am guessing anyone spending this kind of coin could care less about doing there own maintenance :) but I agree, looks tight and not fun to get on either side of the engine.

+ Plug n Play?

I thought the whole point of this boat is that you don't need plug n play. I know some will add it anyway...

And I thought Malibu was planning to claim most sub floor ballast of any boat on the market. Disengenuous when some of that is wedge. Wedge should be an added bonus on top.

Edited by boardjnky4

I thought the whole point of this boat is that you don't need plug n play. I know some will add it anyway...

And I thought Malibu was planning to claim most sub floor ballast of any boat on the market. Disengenuous when some of that is wedge. Wedge should be an added bonus on top.

Don't confuse the TMC speculation machine with Malibu. We said/hoped a lot of things in the months leading up to this launch.

I don't think Malibu has ever said anything like what you just posted.

I don't envy the mechanics who are going to have to crawl in through that jack-in-the box locker to service the engine, which also looks like it's really deep between the stringers.

3D64C492-0BC6-4AC8-B03B-E486B9D650DA_zps

From a DIY maintenance perspective I'd sure rather have the G's gullwing flipup thing that exposes the whole motor.

FkakWim.jpg

For those of you who've seen it, can you really get in without stepping on the vinyl? It looks from the pics that it's quite a parkour from the center walkthrough to the step down in the corner back to the cabin floor.

2539A8A5-AFB9-4976-8E70-C4F1B72151CA_zps

At the show last week we tested this very thing... Can you get to the floor of the boat without stepping on the vinyl?

As pictures, it's a little awkward. The truth is that its ALOT easier with the rear flip up seat fully deployed. That exposes floor much closer to that little flip down section you see in my pic. Then it's a simple step down, albeit a long one.

Realistically, I don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. Flipping that small step down is not an extra step I would take. Then again, I think ya'll whine way too much about stepping on vinyl. It's a friggin boat, no matter how much it costs.

(Yeah yeah yeah... I don't keep my boats long enough. I get it. But please remind me anyway).

Ask some of the dealers that rode both the G23 and the M235 at the dealer meeting. PNP isn't needed for a great wake, which apparently every dealer agrees was much better than the G.

Ask some of the dealers that rode both the G23 and the M235 at the dealer meeting. PNP isn't needed for a great wake, which apparently every dealer agrees was much better than the G.

That's like asking a Coke Rep if Pepsi tastes better. It's all subjective. I'm sure it has a great wave, but you can't ask the guys selling them if it has a better wave than the G23. Of course they will say theirs is better.

• Like 2

That's like asking a Coke Rep if Pepsi tastes better. It's all subjective. I'm sure it has a great wave, but you can't ask the guys selling them if it has a better wave than the G23. Of course they will say theirs is better.

I don't doubt the wake is sick. I heard some rumor mill stuff that even some Nautique folks were blown away by the size of the wake (given the ballast config). But people are stupid and they see the G23 has more and they let that sway their opinion/decision.

All I'm saying is, couldn't they have squeezed in another 500 pounds somewhere?

I don't doubt the wake is sick. I heard some rumor mill stuff that even some Nautique folks were blown away by the size of the wake (given the ballast config). But people are stupid and they see the G23 has more and they let that sway their opinion/decision.

All I'm saying is, couldn't they have squeezed in another 500 pounds somewhere?

What will be stupid is when the new M owner throws an extra 1500 PNP in the rear with no additional bow weight and find out it's underpowered.

Edited by thtrog

What will be stupid is when the new M owner throws an extra 1500 PNP in the rear with no bow weight and find out it's underpowered.

Aren't the rear compartments already full with the factory PnP bags?

The M does not need another 500 lbs. Surf behind it is sick. Should be able to load wave with atleast 5 surfers if not more.

I like the Kool-aid too, but you may want to check in to a rehab facility.

• Like 1

The boat show pics didn't show any, just the hoses...assume buyer chooses the size sacs.

Yes, but I believe that the stock figures for available ballast includes 600lb bags in the back. The compartments are fairly small because of the transom seats, and it didn't look like anything more than 500-600lbs would fit in there total...... So I don't think anyone will be overloading the back, which could be why they say that it doesn't need added bow weight. Because you can't put 900-1100s in the back.

+ Plug n Play?

36+133+57+57=283 gallons

283 gallons x 8.34 pounds per gallon = 2360 pounds of ballast

I thought this boat was supposed to have 5k pounds of ballast?

I know Malibu likes to count wedge as ballast, but in terms of water weight alone, the 2016 G23 has 2850 pounds...

So Malibu claims maximum ballast capacity at 5400 lbs.

http://www.malibuboats.com/boats/model/mseries/m235-b.html

2360 of sub floor , wedge 2 @ 1500 pounds, so that would leave 1540 of plug and play, if don't want to include wedge in your number your at 3900. I don't think it is unrealistic to think 2 800lbs could fit in these lockers.

Do G's come with Plug and play and they including that in their number?

Seems to be exaggerated by the fictitious wedge number