Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Saw a buuuuuuunch of pics of the details on one from IXFE.

Gotta say, changed my mind. It's not a G Killa in the sense of size and wake, it's a G Killa in the attention to detail and finer points. I'm looking forward to hopping on one at our boat show next weekend.

I mean... not that I'll ever be able to afford one. Didn't catch that Powerball last week, soooooo... I'm not in the market.

• Like 2

IXFE, nice pics... is that wind screen electric? I see a toggle switch next to it and appears to be tucked into that channel. Or maybe I am looking at it incorrectly?

What are your thoughts on this boat? Worth $160k?

Edited by Fman

Hahaha. Why do you think I took that picture, Alan?

I actually texted it to Cory. No response.

It's good to see Malibu listening to customer feedback. It's sad that the poor man $100k boats apparently don't justify the luxury of CNC handles--just slap on another sticker. Edited by Cory

IXFE, nice pics... is that wind screen electric? I see a toggle switch next to it and appears to be tucked into that channel. Or maybe I am looking at it incorrectly?

$160k? The one at the Denver Boat Show at a MSRP north of $200, and discounted "down" to about $180k.

Based on prices others have posted, 160ish is a more realistic purchase price.

That's still about 10% less than the Portland boat show price. I don't get Malibu's pricing model for this rollout at all, even knowing these first models are fully optioned.

That's still about 10% less than the Portland boat show price. I don't get Malibu's pricing model for this rollout at all, even knowing these first models are fully optioned.

I'm sure the seattle show price will be in the 200s if they even bring one. On the promo email I got the dealer only mentioned the 25 lsv. Nothing about the m235 which surprised me.

Yes, the wind screen is an electric "pocket door" design. I didn't open/close it. I guess I should have.

My thoughts on the boat... I've been a little critical of the M, mainly because of the price and the strategy to build them with every box checked. But after spending hours in the boat the last two days I am a believer. Whether you're a buyer or not, after crawling around this boat you can EASILY see where the money went. It is on an entirely different level than the Wakesetters and even the G. Stepping into the M is like stepping into a $2m custom home or a new Bentley. You just instantly see and feel the difference. There are little surprise features everywhere. Like the way you can access the lockers from the top or from the rear through those ingeniously designed rear hatches/seats. Or the seat backs that food down as steps so you can avoid stepping on the vinyl. Or how there are FOUR hot tubes in locations people can actually use. And then there's the hidden trash can with access via hinges door between the cup holders. The storage compartments up in front of the bow. The pass through from the bow to the area beneath the glove box. The way all the fuses, battery switch, and charger port are all in one place behind a gorgeous billet panel. It's not just that they threw billet everywhere (and trust me, there's enough to choke a horse), there is something fun to discover on almost every inch of this boat. I haven't had this much fun crawling all over a boat since I was buying my first.

I have to mention the LED's. Many if you know I've never been too keen on them. But these were super cool. There are LED lights EVERYWHERE! The tower speakers have LED's. The 12v and USB ports glow. Every storage compartment glows. And it's not just rings around the cup holders... The ENTIRE inside of the cup holders glow.

Now, besides features let's talk fit and finish, cuz this is where the M really sets itself apart. All the hardware is BEEFY (e.g. hinges, handles, hooks, panels, screws, etc.). Everything opens/closes precisely. All of that hardware is beautifully finished. I didn't see one plain Jane stainless screw on this boat. The wiring is all hiding... look under the glove box... no exposed wires anywhere. Even under the dash you'll find no wires... just a perfectly gelled black panel with a hinged access panel. Look inside the engine box... More engraved billet! Carpeted walls (both sides) and the underside of the hatch is perfectly smooth and gelled (so is the underside of the platform). I couldn't find one rough edge on the boat. Everything just oozes quality and attention to detail. All I can say is, I hope some of this yumminess gets waterfalled down to the Wakesetters.

Is it worth $160k...? First of all, I don't think you can buy this boat for $160k, at least not spec'd like this. Boat show price is $178k, which is exactly $50k below MSRP. I'm sure there's some more room there, but $18k more...? But to answer your question... is any wakeboat worth $178k...? Maybe not. But when you get in it, it's not hard to see where the money went (everywhere). And consider this... you can now order the boat without every box checked. I'm told that can take $20k-$30k out of the price. And boat show prices on the G's are $150k +.

My evidence is anecdotal, but I think the M is already selling pretty well. There was tons of buzz around the boat both days I was there, and all of it was very positive. People were amazed. I believe AWS took several deposits for it as well.

So there ya go... If it sounds like I'm gushing, I am. Gotta see it to appreciate it. Probably doesn't hurt that AWS built this one in my favorite color scheme. Thanks, Mason. Thanks ALOT!!

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

I went to the boat show this year and climbed on that baby. I can't get over how deep that thing is. You need long arms to pull the bilg plug! It's pretty sweet!

But please tell me Mason didn't pick the gel on that thing? :lol: anyone buying one...The sides of that so huge you don't want the entire side to be flake unless it's the black. That's just overkill.

Sorry Mason! I woulda said hi but you were busy with someone.

• Like 1

Oh ya, and since I don't get out much to see other boats.....

I see what the talk is about supra. I get it.

I can't see why anyone would buy an MC. They look like a company that has lost its way. That NXT? Worst looking inboard I've ever seen. The VRide and Axis outshine it by miles. I didn't like anything they offer. I laughed at myself because of all the mystique built up about the G, I was expecting a yaught or something. I stepped on one for the first time and I think my 23' might be a tad bigger inside? Lol. I dunno what I was thinking but once inside I was like meh. It's a nice boat and competitive of course but I had it built up in my mind of course.

All said I'm still a Malibu guy. And a 2011 LSV owner. The new features and gadgets don't do it for me. It would be like putting sprinkles on a cup cake. Looks pretty but when you bite into it you don't taste them.

• Like 1

This boat is "Hands Down" & "Game Changer" ....admit it

If there's been a boat that's been released since g that deserved the game changer label it's the M. Pics do it 0 justice

• Like 3