Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Not sure I like the pocket door style wind block either, but not because it's electric. When that wind block is open, which is the majority of the time for most of us, it has to go somewhere, right? I imagine it cuts right through the storage area under the glove box. Or maybe there's a false wall under the glove box and the door slides in and out behind that wall. Either way, not good.

I might have mirror image memory, but didn't it slide out from the driver's side, not under the glove box? In that case, the area under the helm is often the most underutilized space in the boat. Only complications I might envision could be heater location and if you needed more space for a ported subwoofer box. But how much depth does a pocket door take? Maybe 2 inches if done right.

Not to go too far off topic, but why? It looks very much like all other inboard engine boxes.

??? Looks just like the one on my father in-laws 04 LXI

looks high to me. I have an 05 response and its nowhere near that tall. Look at the shot from the right rear.

Look at this one from the left rear:

http://www.skierspier.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1656698&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xNewInventory

That thing is HUGE

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I'm looking forward to see the m220, presumably next year. I think they should put the Ford engine in the Axis line and put the PCM engines in the m series line. I'm not a pickle nose lover, but it could grow on me. I prefer the way Nautique did the wide nose bow. I hope they give the buyer a choice on the LED light color. I prefer white LEDs over that blue. I'm also not sold on the pocket door being electric. I think all things being equal, I'd rather the pocket door was manual--but I do prefer the pocket door concept over our slide in wind screen. That electric opener is a classic case of over engineering a complicated solution when a simpler, more elegant solution is arguably better.

I'm real curious to see how Malibu implemented the FAE with the power wedge. I LOVE the surf pipe on the Nautiques and the FAE on Axis with the floating wedge, but HATE it on Malibus with the power wedge. I wonder if they have come up with a sexier implementation than currently available.

Notice the highlighted portion.

??? Looks just like the one on my father in-laws 04 LXI

here's an 04 era response lxi. Looks nothing like that '16 LXR box:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12768-2004-response-lxi/

Go to the black response barefooter on here:

http://barefootcentral.info/2008_GrandRiverRace.htm

WAY lower profile box. That barefooter is the same boat as that LXR.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I might have mirror image memory, but didn't it slide out from the driver's side, not under the glove box? In that case, the area under the helm is often the most underutilized space in the boat. Only complications I might envision could be heater location and if you needed more space for a ported subwoofer box. But how much depth does a pocket door take? Maybe 2 inches if done right.

If it tucks under the helm it's even worse, imho.

But I guess if you've never built a sub enclosure and never plan to you wouldn't care.

If it tucks under the helm it's even worse, imho.

But I guess if you've never built a sub enclosure and never plan to you wouldn't care.

Disagree as long as it's behind the ballast hoses (i.e. as far forward as possible). there's certainly a little wasted space in there that you cannot exploit with a sub box anyway. I like the pocket door concept. Just wish it were manual. I mean really does it need to be powered?

Disagree as long as it's behind the ballast hoses (i.e. as far forward as possible). there's certainly a little wasted space in there that you cannot exploit with a sub box anyway. I like the pocket door concept. Just wish it were manual. I mean really does it need to be powered?

If it's behind the big metal pole in the left, then I'm fine with it. But I can't imagine a windscreen fitting back there. That space is somewhat angled so I'm having a hard time picturing how a vertical wind screen would fit there. Guess I'll have to see it. I'm sure the AWS guys will be cool if I bring my power drill to the boat show so I can remove the kick panel and the factory sub to get a look down there. Haha.

• Like 4

My dealer sold a M235 today... Msrp was over 200k. 221,318.00 to be exact. Wow

Who's your dealer? I've seen you mention Marine Outfitters in the past but I was thinking there was a closer dealer to Huntsville.

Who's your dealer? I've seen you mention Marine Outfitters in the past but I was thinking there was a closer dealer to Huntsville.

Sunny Marine in Knoxville. I used to purchase from the owner when he was sales manager at a dealer near Huntsville.

Edited by bamabonners

It may just use a spring/damper system, kind of like hood shocks on some cars, that allow it to come out when a latch is released, but requires manual retraction. That's honestly what it looks like to me - the guy unlatches somehting, rather than presses a button.

My dealer sold a M235 today... Msrp was over 200k. 221,318.00 to be exact. Wow

Wow...that's just dumb. :-) Unless you got it, but jeez! A boat price like that makes me feel poor!

But then again is it really any different than a luxury sports car? Most of those don't see much use either, so there's certainly a market for it, albeit small. What I don't like is that boats like the M235 are going to pull the rest of Malibu's line up in price if it's successful. Features will trickle down and Malibu will keep pushing to find the boundaries. They're not going to keep growing the # of boats sold drastically, but raising prices and margin will push the bottom line up.

Edited by tjklein

It may just use a spring/damper system, kind of like hood shocks on some cars, that allow it to come out when a latch is released, but requires manual retraction. That's honestly what it looks like to me - the guy unlatches somehting, rather than presses a button.

Looks like a marine rocker switch though doesn't it?

One of the things I love about the crew....53 pages of speculation ranging from 20" props to 4 tracking fins and subsequent criticisms about these speculations.

53 pages of nothing.... Except for my contributions of course ;)

Hey now. I posted actual pics...

Aaaaaand then I speculated about the 99 problems t-shirt.

ahopkins22LSV

One of the things I love about the crew....53 pages of speculation ranging from 20" props to 4 tracking fins and subsequent criticisms about these speculations.

53 pages of nothing.... Except for my contributions of course ;)

Haha but hey I posted pics and specs! And I think I said yes the pics look tal and short but should wait until someone demos it or something along those lines ;). Although the last picture I posted looks anything but short imo.

Looks like a marine rocker switch though doesn't it?

Actually, you are right, yes it does. I hadn't paid too much attention to the switch, and it looks like he keeps his hand on it until it is closed. so I am probably mistaken.

I just completed my order of the m235 on Saturday with a build date of 12-4-15, my colors are vapor blue and charcoal metal flake with vapor accent, piping , stitching and the rest of the interior will be graphite. i was lucky enough to go to the factory and test drive this amazing boat and it is truly nothing short of amazing. i am a 7 time Malibu owner, 21, 23, four 247 and most recently a 24 mxz and this new boat resembles Malibu ride with the most amazing interior and pure quality. so much billet, lighting, and much more. there is so much speculation on here about it without much fact , i can tell you from a customer perspective it is a amazing boat and feel Malibu went all out to bring this boat to the market as a new avenue for avid Malibu owners that want that heavy deep amazing surf and wakeboard wake. hope this helps put some speculation at ease that i have read for the past few months.

M.S.R.P???

I forgot to say Congrats Robbie!

Edited by thtrog