Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Emailed a friend of mine who is a dealer and he said that the info is leaked but the price point will be higher (with more options) than the G23. Maybe he was referring to the YETI?

Edited by saidainc

The bubble will pop when it gets there. Mark my words

If we have a recession, yes. If not they will pay it. These are luxury items and as long as banks will loan on them, people will pay just about anything.

Emailed a friend of mine who is a dealer and he said that the info is leaked but the price point will be higher (with more options) than the G23. Maybe he was referring to the YETI?

Is my perspective off that MC is still generally more expensive than Nautique and Malibu? I think it would be an X23 slayer for sure if it comes under that price. So would it become the most expensive towboat? I don't really even count Pavati.

As said above, it seems that once you get to this price range, money is not an issue.

The mastercraft x23 is more expensive than the G23 in my neck of the woods. I just demoed and got quotes on them both last weekend. Difference of about $5,000.

If we have a recession, yes. If not they will pay it. These are luxury items and as long as banks will loan on them, people will pay just about anything.

It's not so much if but when, it's cyclical. Yes the bubble will pop, and odds are it will be in the next few years

The mastercraft x23 is more expensive than the G23 in my neck of the woods. I just demoed and got quotes on them both last weekend. Difference of about $5,000.

But on an MSRP basis on equally equipped boats, the G23 is more money. If dealer discounts are the same on the 2, the X23 is 10-15k cheaper equally equipped.

• Like 2

The bubble will pop when it gets there. Mark my words

I'm already being told by a S. Florida builder that it's coming all over again. The saturation of empty condos are gaining steam. Work force participation rate....low. We are teetering.

Although it wont sell for this, itll be right at 200k msrp on the M235 I bet. This boat seems to be designed for those folks that want the biggest, baddest, most expensive boat on the water. Same folks that will prob use it as a pontoon boat or to pull toooooobs

Edited by ac88926

I'm already being told by a S. Florida builder that it's coming all over again. The saturation of empty condos are gaining steam. Work force participation rate....low. We are teetering.

Which is where I capitalize. I wholesale real estate. So I love to see foreclosures. The problem will be finding flippers when the economy is sooooo bad.

Although it wont sell for this, itll be right at 200k msrp on the M235 I bet. This boat seems to be designed for those folks that want the biggest, baddest, most expensive boat on the water. Same folks that will prob use it as a pontoon boat or to pull toooooobs

No toobs behind that boat or someone will get shot

• Like 3

But on an MSRP basis on equally equipped boats, the G23 is more money. If dealer discounts are the same on the 2, the X23 is 10-15k cheaper equally equipped.

The base MSRP of the x23 doesn't include the surf and convience package or the 6.2 engine upgrade that you will need for this boat. Optioned out equally the x23 the was more expensive even though the dealer was giving me 23 percent off MSRP and the Nautique dealer is giving me 19 percent off MSRP.

Edited by OxDoc
  • Like 1

The base MSRP of the x23 doesn't include the surf and convience package or the 6.2 engine upgrade that you will need for this boat. Optioned out equally the x23 the was more expensive even though the dealer was giving me 23 percent off MSRP and the Nautique dealer is giving me 19 percent off MSRP.

I'll have time to get to this later. I have all the build sheets at home. I have purchased both of the boats in question and have a very good handle on costs of them.

A guy on Planet Nautique said the boat was 7,000 pounds dry weight and 3,000 pounds of ballast. Did I miss that post here? He said that he got the information here. I am not going to read all 5 pages again.

I find 7K dry weight very hard to believe, when a G runs 5900 now for 2016.