Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

One thing I do think they did right, they put WS in the boat vs the RF crap they put in their other models. Crap they had it in Axis boats before they had it in malibus, must have been a contract thing

• Like 2

You said someone has quit using their system because of "cease and desist orders" and then post evidence that Nautique settled and MC has been sued. So more specifically who has quit using their system because of Malibu's legal actions?

Who are the ones who quit using them, just about every manufacturer has a surf system now.

I should have been more clear in my earlier response, I was talking about the PW, centurion had the switch blade, never really caught on. I don't think many other manufactures are super interested int he PW

Some of the things you never hear about are the cease and desist ones.

I'm not at liberty to comment on what isn't public knowledge.

I know the size is different based on the angles, but the G wake looks more washy. But who knows, maybe a bad pic

Wave pics taken and posted by competitors are not exactly reliable evidence. Angles are key, you could make a VTX wave look huge with the right angle

• Like 2

One thing I do think they did right, they put WS in the boat vs the RF crap they put in their other models. Crap they had it in Axis boats before they had it in malibus, must have been a contract thing

Makes you wonder... what's powering all that WS gear in the new boat??

And am I the only person wondering why they didn't re-drill the G4 to accommodate Rev10's on this boat?

• Like 2

You suggested someone had a system and now they don't and I can't think of anyone for whom that is true. Haha we've geeked out on this stuff way too hard over the years. Nobody that had a system on the market has quit using it, have they?

MB has a surf system

Supra has a surf system

Tige has a surf system

MC has a surf system

Moomba has a surf system

Nautique has a surf system

centurion has a surf system(theres is ballast made but still a system)

you can buy brand new boats of all of those manufactures today with surf systems, who is left, sanger or supreme?

MB has a surf system

Supra has a surf system

Tige has a surf system

MC has a surf system

Moomba has a surf system

you can buy brand new boats of all of those manufactures today with surf systems, who is left, sanger or supreme?

Sanger had tabs (ala MC Gen 1) back in like 2006! And supreme gets the same dumbo ears system that centurion uses.

MB has a surf system

Supra has a surf system

Tige has a surf system

MC has a surf system

Moomba has a surf system

Supreme has one too. Not sure about Sanger. Skurfer would know.

Makes you wonder... what's powering all that WS gear in the new boat??

And am I the only person wondering why they didn't re-drill the G4 to accommodate Rev10's on this boat?

no I'm amazed that they didn't redrill it, but also kind of not amazed with how long they ran RF equipment and over charged for it...... They are way behind when it comes to the audio systems they put in their boats for sure.

I do wonder what's driving them, I bet it's still an RF amp

Sanger had tabs (ala MC Gen 1) back in like 2006! And supreme gets the same dumbo ears system that centurion uses.

There aren't any dealers here for either, so I wasn't sure. Sounds like every one has one

MB has a surf system

Supra has a surf system

Tige has a surf system

MC has a surf system

Moomba has a surf system

There is a difference the a "surf systems" the other manufacturers use and the SG system other than Nautique and MC.Certain wave shaping capabilities and transfers are a couple of the highlights.

Nautique is paying a royalty to Malibu for their violation of the SG patent.

MC and Malibu are in litigation for the alleged violation of it.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

There is a difference the a "surf systems" the other manufacturers use and the SG system other than Nautique and MC.

MC and Malibu are in litigation for the alleged violation of it.

Most of the other surf systems are either like surfgate(moomba) or they are like MCs surf system( supra and tige). malibu is going to have to sue all of them

There is a difference the a "surf systems" the other manufacturers use and the SG system other than Nautique and MC.Certain wave shaping capabilities and transfers are a couple of the highlights.

I think the parties (and certainly Nautique) would characterize the Nautique issue as Nautique agreeing to license rather than go to trial on the infringement issue. There was never a formal determination of infringement, merely an allegation. And wasn't the settlement only like $1M plus an ongoing licensing fee? Hardly a big deal vs Malibu's $20M settlement for stealing the windshield design.

We've had this battle before. I will restate that it beats having to tell someone to get up and move out of the way so that I can get to the cooler under the seat. Especially if you are out on the boat with a large crew. I love having 15 people in the boat and not one of them has to move so I can get a drink. It is like a case of drunken musical chairs when the boat is rocking and you have to practically empty one side of the boat to grab a drink.

There will be differing opinions, but it seems that pretty well all of those who have experienced in floor coolers think it is a disadvantage to go back. I trust that you have never had an in-floor cooler?

And if I could get a cooler under the floor of my car, it would be awesome!

I can literally reach down and grab a brew, out of the bottom of my in-floor cooler, without getting out of the helm seat. People from the back seat might have to walk up and crouch down, but anyone in the front of the lounge area can bend down in their seat, and get something from the cooler. It is pretty handy, and I quite honestly don't care if my back seat passengers have to crouch down :)

The only thing I do have to watch out for, is people putting toes in the way when the door is open! Ouch!

I know the size is different based on the angles, but the G wake looks more washy. But who knows, maybe a bad pic

One thing I can tell you with absolute certainty.......... That pic of the G wave was taken like that, and at those settings, for a reason..... Anyone, and I mean anyone, that has been in or behind a G (first or second gen), knows that pic was taken at improper speeds and NSS settings. I am sorry, but that is totally laughable. I won't sit here and say that the G wave is any better or worse than the M235. No way I would know that, and heck, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is better. But it's not gonna be 20x better, like they are trying to force in that picture comparison.

So since no one has posted this yet.. From AWS's Facebook, "Nice to meet you, Malibu Boats #M235!

SPECS- 2:1 Transmission, 6200 LBS. dry weight, 5400 LBs. ballast, 78 gallon fuel tank."

Specs!!! Finally!!! And good ones at that!

• Like 2