Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Technicallyabu,

All wakes eventually curl over, here is my port wake flattened out. You can see it definitely still curls, but does not have the barrel, barrel is a reflection of how steep the wave is. Some like steeper, others like flatter. Personal preference. It does feel the steeper, waves have more push/power.

post-24799-0-06068800-1447094903_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSide

Seems to me the wave pictured addresses the primary Malibu Surf Gate complaint...

"The port wave is too flat, too rolled over, with no defined lip."

Not that any of us can afford it!!

Edited by IXFE

Technicallyabu,

All wakes eventually curl over, here is my port wake flattened out. You can see it definitely still curls, but does not have the barrel, barrel is a reflection of how steep the wave is. Some like steeper, others like flatter. Personal preference. It does feel the steeper, waves have more push/power.

Makes sense thanks.

I prefer the steeper wave. I get mine to curl as well, but nothing like what is pictured. I noticed it's really steep right off the platform as well.

I think that is a combination of weight and wedge. The PW2 is amazing, I can make my port wave significantly steeper than the picture above, but I don't get anywhere close to what is pictured in the M235.

Seems like we're getting away from that short little poppy long wave

I dunno, looking at that pic the wave looked huge AND short.

That rider isn't that far back in the pic.

Was talking to my dealer last week who said this boat may have a new bigger power wedge, funnily enough called pw3.

Oh and expected price for this beast in Australia is well over 200k, a fully loaded 25LSV goes for over 230k so I'm betting a M235 will be 250k+

Edited by Diesel86

That wave is ridiculous! Does it NEED to be that big? I mean it looks awesome!!! But it has liability written all over it! I agree with what others have said above...it really isn't gonna take long before that wave pushes anti-surf legislation instead of pushing surfers! JMO

I tell my kids, "There's a time and place for everything". Our cottage is on a long, narrow 81acre lake. This would be brutal on that lake, the splash from the seawalls would get everyone upset, plus pontoons bouncing around, etc. However, our home lake is a 4,500 acre lake connected to Lake Michigan, which has barges, a car ferry, huge yachts & cruisers, etc. on and off of it. Could surf that thing all day long on the bigger lake. So you just have to use some discretion, that's all. I guess the problem is a lot of wakeboard/surf boats don't use much discretion.

Does it need to be that big? No, does it help on crowded, tube infested lakes,or choppy conditions...YES! I admit I have filled a canoe, and caused a SUP Rider or two to lose thier balance a time or two, unintentionally, but still happens. At the same time it gives my rider the ability to stay up when crossing the oncoming rollers from others.

• Like 1

Another wave pic from social media.

That's looks like a great wave but it's going to destroy shorelines and swamp small boats. Like with many other things (e.g. in the boat world: 80 mph bass boats, 110 dB straight exhaust outboards), when they go too far then regulation and enforcement is not far behind. Let's all be good neighbors and try to stay away from shore, fishing boats, and small pontoons. This race for the biggest wave will end up backfiring on the manufacturers and the rest of us.

I agree if you have docks and homes on small lake could be problematic. However look at the attached pic, fairly small lake, and there is nothing I am going to create that is any worse than the steam boat.

post-24799-0-04592900-1447105947_thumb.j

• Like 1

I agree if you have docks and homes on small lake could be problematic. However look at the attached pic, fairly small lake, and there is nothing I am going to create that is any worse than the steam boat.

Honest ?

Is the wake behind that paddle wheeler really bigger than the posted pictures of the M235's wake?

bet you it's still pretty big at 12-13 and prolly pretty long too.

In retrospect regarding the listed Z3 wave. I'm saying what we all know already....that the wave is different. I guess their will be no attempt to try and replicate a listed wave out of the surf systems. Is it just us because we have knowledge of this, or these companies haven't given this a second thought.

Here is the wave for reference....

http://youtu.be/M4tAzwC5s6c

M235 wave vs. (my respectable) T22 wave

I am 6'7" for reference. Obviously I can't get down in a kneeling position like the other rider...but still...that wave is huge!

I have Wakesurfed enough to know that bigger doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Do you agree?

• Like 2