Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

The base boat is supposed to be loaded.....575 engine is standard, G4 is standard, and a bunch of other stuff I guess..... That said, the standard equipment can be downgraded to lesser engines, and options, and such.... Something to do with marketing. It was discussed earlier in the thread (or might have been the 23mxz thread that was also talking about this boat. Can't remember which it was)

It's not like Malibu advertises MSRP. I doubt the dealers are goinng to lead with a high number. If someone walks in the door, also looking at a G, a significantly higher price is not a selling point. The G already has the reputation (true or not) to back up the price, the M does not.

From call this morning malibu is targeting places where they have been weak in the market recently. The 20VTX and 25LSV are both examples, both are doing better than expected.

I think The upcoming M is going to be an obvious attempt to capture the G market as well as the luxury market the x26 is going for.

LOL, Luxury Market....with all these Grungee guys they use to promote their product

• Like 3

LOL, Luxury Market....with all these Grungee guys they use to promote their product

Borrowing from Harley Davidson, maybe? Image is tough biker, most customers are well to do professionals......

• Like 2

Borrowing from Harley Davidson, maybe? Image is tough biker, most customers are well to do professionals......

......Who want to look like tough bikers on the weekend. A lot of people buy tow boats to look a certain way or have a certain style. Not to actually do the sports the boat was designed for.

The G already has the reputation (true or not) to back up the price, the M does not.

The reputation for burning thru transmissions & drive shafts? Malibu should be able to do better than that.

I did the Harley thing for 5 years or so....lots more shady characters in that scene....but I get it. You could get yourself a nice looking Harley with lots of chrome used for under $10k....

I think Tims said it the best..this hobby/recreation has always been an upper/middle class thing

Edited by Afun

I think there is some truth to the upper middle class observation. All of the power sport hobbies are that way. I went to an outdoor expo a couple months ago and was really surprised at how expensive some of the toys are.

60k for Bass boat, off road Polaris RZR 48k, sand dune version 51k, 5th wheel toy haulers, 100k+

Granted you could get cheaper versions, but you could also get more expensive versions also.

I think there is some truth to the upper middle class observation. All of the power sport hobbies are that way. I went to an outdoor expo a couple months ago and was really surprised at how expensive some of the toys are.

60k for Bass boat, off road Polaris RZR 48k, sand dune version 51k, 5th wheel toy haulers, 100k+

Granted you could get cheaper versions, but you could also get more expensive versions also.

A $51k RZR? Wow! Was is gold plated?

A $51k RZR? Wow! Was is gold plated?

I was out in California prerunning at Ocotillo Wells this past weekend and everyone had these things out there.

You can go find an old 2wd ranger/yota or even step up to the 1500s and build one hell of a truck for that price.

Edited by mountaineerhill

It was definitely optioned up. 48" light bar in front, two smaller bars in back, upgraded suspension and tires. Biggest engine available, stereo etc. Super nice, but yeah ouch!

I was as shocked walking past that as the people into that hobby were walking past the 25LSV

Edited by DarkSide

Thoughts on this Supra?

http://www.supraboats.com/roush

Seems to be positioned as the "optioned" out model of their line up. Is this what Malibu is doing with the M235?

I definitely like what supra is doing these days....... That said, they should refrain from advertising with close ups of the glove box and dash.

Also noticed they are only using JL MX series for their top end stereo?? Big difference between the M and MX series...

Absolutely nothing wrong with that Supra dash. I love the thick textured vinyl they use to cover the dash. You got two Gauges, center touch screen, and switches. What more could you ask for!...,with all due respect

• Like 2

Absolutely nothing wrong with that Supra dash. I love the thick textured vinyl they use to cover the dash. You got two Gauges, center touch screen, and switches. What more could you ask for!...,with all due respect

I really like the Supra setup. I'm one to trade off boats every 3 years, but if I weren't I'd be nervous about the huge touch screen on Wakesetters.

Supra will get a hard look for my next boat. They've come a LONG way.

Edited by tjklein
  • Like 2

I'm a fan of both Malibu and Supra.

TJKlein- you should at least test drive a Supra, pretty impressive new stuff they have out.

Edited by DatTexasBoy

I guess im just not a huge fan of its bulky design. Probably because I hate how it blocks the whole lower half of the widsheild. Moombas are even worse.

I do like manual switching and general layout. I didn't like reaching around the steering wheel for screen controls on the previous supras. Steering wheel controls take care of a lot of that.