Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

I have Wakesurfed enough to know that bigger doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Do you agree?

To a certain extent yes, a good smaller wave is better than a crappy big wave.

But a good big wave is more fun than a good small wave. It is easier to drift back, having enough wave for 3-4 big pumps before your launch. So all things equal bigger is better. If it wasn't wake makers would be out of business.

M235 wave vs. (my respectable) T22 wave

I am 6'7" for reference. Obviously I can't get down in a kneeling position like the other rider...but still...that wave is huge!

I agree huge wave on the M235 here is what I have that is similar. (25' rope Rider is 5' 10) on the M235 the wave is a few inches above the riders head. Here the wave is below the head

post-24799-0-41759200-1447113276_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSide

Honest ?

Is the wake behind that paddle wheeler really bigger than the posted pictures of the M235's wake?

OMyGawd, there are groups of surfers in cities like Seattle, Vancouver & Houston who keep track of the big boat schedules just so they can plan on being in the area when that paddleboat, barge or ship wake comes rollin thru. Tons of Youtube videos on it.

• Like 2

I have Wakesurfed enough to know that bigger doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Do you agree?

For sure agree. Like Darkside said...you can have a crappy big wave. Also, certain tricks/riding styles can be achieved with certain styles of waves. One thing we are seeing here...is the ability to throw a massive port wave with a heavy curl. Haven't seen that yet out of a Malibu/axis. I am sure with all of the adjustability of the wedge/ballast/speed you can achieve a much longer, flatter wave. It is just opening new doors to riders.

However, my wave was 1/3 the cost ?. I don't think the m235 wave is THAT much more fun. I am just waiting for DarkSide to get wave envy...trade his Silver Surfer in...and go with the big dog m235. That's my game plan...

• Like 2

For sure agree. Like Darkside said...you can have a crappy big wave. Also, certain tricks/riding styles can be achieved with certain styles of waves. One thing we are seeing here...is the ability to throw a massive port wave with a heavy curl. Haven't seen that yet out of a Malibu/axis. I am sure with all of the adjustability of the wedge/ballast/speed you can achieve a much longer, flatter wave. It is just opening new doors to riders.

However, my wave was 1/3 the cost . I don't think the m235 wave is THAT much more fun. I am just waiting for DarkSide to get wave envy...trade his Silver Surfer in...and go with the big dog m235. That's my game plan...

If I surfed the wrong side I would consider it, but the RIGHT side doesn't look night and day better, like the port side does.

Also pretty sure the divorce attorney would make me sell it if I did buy it. LOL.

Edited by DarkSide

Is there any chance that Malibu is offering a tranny that spins the opposite direction so the port side is better than starboard?

Was talking to my dealer last week who said this boat may have a new bigger power wedge, funnily enough called pw3.

Oh and expected price for this beast in Australia is well over 200k, a fully loaded 25LSV goes for over 230k so I'm betting a M235 will be 250k+

This could explain the barrel on port. I know PW2 made a significant difference over PW1

This could explain the barrel on port. I know PW2 made a significant difference over PW1

Pretty my dealer was just speculating, but the surf gates look bigger so it wouldn't surprise me if the power wedge was too

Edited by Diesel86

^^ :dontknow:

I imagine they needed bigger gates on this boat due to the increased freeboard. Just as the gate sizes range from the VTX to LSV.

Yeah, I was thinking that I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm betting that the bigger boat is the driver for the bigger wave. And the bigger PW. And the bigger gates.

You guys must get different paddle wheels in your area. On the TN River, they don't have big wakes. The flat nosed barges do, but only if they are heavily weighted.

I live on Ky lake/ Tn River. The Mississippi queen has the biggest wake I've seen on the river yet. It was mind blowing.

Ran into a paddle wheel boat on the snake river once. Some of the biggest rollers I've seen on a lake/river and they were non stop for 5 or 10 minutes after it went by. I literally parked the boat and just floated until the passed.