Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dreaded MTC touch screen issues 2011 Lsv 247

Great points everyone and I think this topic has definitely affected enough of us that there should some type of recall issue. I find it a hard pill to swallow when I spend 75K on a boat and then two years into ownership my MTC screen goes out and have to cough up $1,800 dollars for. Medallion is definitely a huge supplier for multiple industries so they aren't going to talk to the end consumer if they dont have to. It is Malibu's product so really I feel like malibu should step up to the plate and offer consumers having issues a fix, discount screens, or at the very least provide a statement acknowledging that there is an issue with earlier MTC screens.

Is there any consumer law in the US covering the supply of a product which is not fit for purpose?.

Or if the product fails within a year of warranty expiration just bad luck as it 'was' fit for purpose even if only for the warranty period.

• 3 months later...

Its been a while but I wanted to fill everyone in on my touchscreen situation that I've had since end of last summer.  I finally got around to purchasing a new screen and the first one came in dead on arrival.  Second screen finally came in today and boots up properly, touchscreen seems to work fine all over screen, but I cant start my boat when I press the "start engine".  It won't turn over, click, or do anything.  It accepts my key pad code and I can hear the ignition engage but wont start for some reason.  Tonight I used my "jumper bumper" that I use to bump over engines on different vehicles to test their starters, check compression, set timing, etc.  I started the boat fine using this and it fired right up and ran.  I have changed the starter relay, checked all fuses that I can find under dash and on the ignition breaker below throttle.  I am stumped right now as to why I cant start my boat using the brand new key pad.....does anyone have any suggestions before I call a dealership I've never used to try and schedule a service???  See videos below of using new touch screen and starting engine with my "jumper bumper" haha

Edit:  My boat is a 2011 247 LSV with the Indmar 6.0L L96 that has 354 hours on it.

Edited by rjones
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...