Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please Post Up the Song of the Season on your BU' even if its Country..

Afun

Metal meets Kawaii J-Pop and somehow it just works... And yes, this might be the weirdest thing you see today. :)

Seriously, try to watch that and not smile...

Edited by UWSkier

Metal meets Kawaii J-Pop and somehow it just works... And yes, this might be the weirdest thing you see today. :)

Seriously...I don't know if that works....I think it's time to go a little Ol' Skool

http://youtu.be/86URGgqONvA

Edited by Afun
  • Like 2

Southern hospitality starts with sweet tea. I don't know what I'd do if I lived somewhere else and someone brought me unsweet tea and a pink packet. I'd probably start crying. lol

surfnut - I feel you, but you know as well as I do that "Buy Me a Boat" is FauxCountry.

The type of stuff Amiri King goes ballistic over. LOL

I mean, I'm still pretty southern. Hell, this is my tow rig:

big%20ugly%202_zpsldcaquaz.jpg

But, that fake drawl kind of country "bahh me uh booawtt... baah me uh truuuuuuuck tuh pull it... bahh me uh yeti wun tahn ahced day-yown with sum siiiiilver buh-llet..."

makes my skin crawl.

Maybe it's just me, but that song gets on my last effin' nerve.

I think you and I would get along just fine.....as long as we can take that tow rig of yours mudding.....

As for a playlist for us....it's primarily what gets pumped on the pontoon and that's usually some flare of pop music with my wife. Not many people like the type of music I find most attractive so I tend to go backwards in time. I'm a HUGE fan of any old Steely Dan ever recorded, huge Led Zepplin fan, particularly the early years, big Rolling Stones fan, etc. I listen to a lot of good blues music, both old school and modern funk (commonly referred to as acid jazz), and good solid, hard core, progressive jazz....not that musical masturbation smooth jazz crap. Not a fan of modern washed out country either. It's literally like pop music of 30 years ago...total garbage with no soul.

Edit.....almost forgot....love me some good 'ole Motown, Sam & Dave, Stevie Wonder (earlier years)....

Edited by inlandlaker

I think you and I would get along just fine.....as long as we can take that tow rig of yours mudding.....

As for a playlist for us....it's primarily what gets pumped on the pontoon and that's usually some flare of pop music with my wife. Not many people like the type of music I find most attractive so I tend to go backwards in time. I'm a HUGE fan of any old Steely Dan ever recorded, huge Led Zepplin fan, particularly the early years, big Rolling Stones fan, etc. I listen to a lot of good blues music, both old school and modern funk (commonly referred to as acid jazz), and good solid, hard core, progressive jazz....not that musical masturbation smooth jazz crap. Not a fan of modern washed out country either. It's literally like pop music of 30 years ago...total garbage with no soul.

Edit.....almost forgot....love me some good 'ole Motown, Sam & Dave, Stevie Wonder (earlier years)....

Hell yes. I've got an "old rock" playlist.

Stones, zeppelin, Hendrix, cream, mountain, ccr, doors, sabbath, marshal tucker, Steve miller, allman bros, skynyrd, hollies etc.

Then I have a "newer old rock" playlist.

Audioslave, soundgarden, gnr, stp, pearl jam, collective soul, live, nirvana, seven Mary three, 3rd eye blind, SRV, etc.

I also like acid jazz, blues etc. just don't play it much on the boat. Usually that gets put on the home stereo if we're cleaning or doing house projects.

Being the juvenile that I am, I like songs with a sense of humor. Here are a couple country ones that get some play on the boat:

There are lots of similar songs outside of country, but most seem to violate the terms of use. :)

They opened for lady gaga when I saw her last year at lake tahoe. Very weird for sure.

^^^^ you saw Lady Gaga....oh man....this is worse than me dowloading a song from that little blonde girl that sang country but now is pop...

Edited by Afun

she CAN sing/play you know? Check out her SNL performances... she has skills (SNL seems to be unusually revealing of those who don't have skills). I'm old enough now to not really have an affinity to a genre. I likes what I likes, and after seeing her on SNL...

I will say the show didn't knock my socks off. Since then I've also seen Bruno Mars, Elton John, Dave Matthews Band, and just last weekend Duran Duran. All but Duran Duran were outdoors under beautiful weather.

Had high hopes for Elton John but he seems like a robot that they wheel out to perform. Good animatronics, zero crowd connection.

Had no expectations from Bruno Mars and was blown away. That show was crazy good.

DMB exceeded expectations. Great great show.

Duran Duran -- well you know what you are gonna get and let's just say 13 year old shawndoggy was quite satisfied.

LOL hope those all meet with the Crew's seal of approval.

Edited by shawndoggy

this one made a rapid rise to #1 on my playlist just recently, although I got told I was behind the times. I thought since they played it on Jimmy Fallon its clean enough for here but if not, I apologize. mild salty language.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

^^^^ I don't know what to make of it...I think I like it. Seems like a Nashville/Mississppi band...if that makes sense

That type of sounds does not come out of LA.

Edited by Afun

Quote function isn't working for me for some reason but this is @shawndoggy

Bruno Mars on SNL was an instant classic in my book. Was that the one with the Michael Jackson Pandora Radio skit? Kids got talent.

Gaga is classically trained a Julliard school of arts so she ain't no joke. She has talent but sometimes that's lost in her polarizing appearances, outfits and antics. I'm not a fan. Wasn't she on SNL on a night that JT was on? He is by far one of my favorite hosts and guests on SNL. Not really a fan of his music.

I'm not a big fan of DMB studio recordings but they are one of my favorite bands live, right there with Niel Diamond. Both of which I have seen many, many times.

None of these are on my boat playlists.