Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wife wants a range rover sport....anyone have this?

saidainc

Guess I'll pass on a 2003 Range Rover with the 4.6L V8 with a miss.

I work on my own vehicles but don't have much problems with my dodges and suburban. Suburban hit a deer though and the deer won. So now looking again.

• 5 months later...

I pulled the trigger on a 2016 RR Sport with the diesel.  Pretty loaded and was about the same price as a fully loaded Q7.  It had all the options / colors I wanted except for adaptive cruise.  Would have went with the Q7 if they still offered the diesel as I have been an Audi person for many years.

The RR drives really nice and I could not really tell a difference between it and the supercharged V8 in normal driving, although that V8 is really fast for an SUV but that isn't what I was looking for.  The diesel has had all the acceleration I need in normal driving.  They are really hard to find in stock and a 6 month wait to order a diesel.  There are lots of V8's in stock though.  Have not pulled the boat yet with it but will report back when I do.  Have about 600 miles on it and have averaged 27 mpg (about 300 miles were freeway driving). 

Only issue so far is a rock chip on the lower corner of the windshield on day two of ownership!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 9:55 PM, Cmb396 said:

We had a 2010 RRS, did they ever do anything about that ridiculous key locked receiver hitch they had that cost like $300??

It is still the same receiver hitch.

• 1 month later...

They are a great tow vehicle. We went from a MB GL450 to the new RR Sport about 3 months ago and it tows better than the GL450 and that was also a great tow vehicle.

IMG_0504_JPG.jpg

I Have the "hillbilly" version for half the price.  2014 Ford Explorer Sport.  365 hp.  Third row seat.  Tows my 2016 23 LSV no problem.  It is parked next to a new RR Sport.  Yes, that is a Malibu sticker on my rear window.  

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

• Like 3

I considered the Explorer but thought the towing capacity was only 5,000 pounds.  I also have an LSV and it is weighs substantially more than that.  Maybe I am wrong on the towing capacity of the Explorer though it was a while ago when I was narrowing down my vehicle choices.

I also didn't realize they could tow that much, my wife wants one as well.  Do you have pictures hooked up? What kind of distance/terrain do you tow it? 

The dry weight on the LSV is 4500 plus the trailer probably pushes it over the 5,000 lb mark a little but I regularly tow it 150 miles from home(Chicago area) to lake house (Wisc. Dells area) and/or dealer with no issues.  The trailer has dual axle brakes and the Explorer Sport with the Eco Boost has plenty of power.  No issues.