Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 MXZ coming?

DarkSide

It will likely be right before 1q16 Financials are released. The MBUU stock needs help!

Holy cow! Just checked it. It's tanking!

MCFT not doing too hot either.

Wonder what's up with that ?!?

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Hey guys / gals,

Jumping in the water - introducing myself. Considering a new Malibu build. What would make this model (potential) better than the 24 MXZ? Is this an answer for the G23 on the line card, or some kind of tournament boat length standard? Apologize for the ignorance here on this matter. On my list to this point is the MXZ 24, G23, and MXZ 23. Lake I would use this on could be fairly rough on weekends.

Hey guys / gals,

Jumping in the water - introducing myself. Considering a new Malibu build. What would make this model (potential) better than the 24 MXZ? Is this an answer for the G23 on the line card, or some kind of tournament boat length standard? Apologize for the ignorance here on this matter. On my list to this point is the MXZ 24, G23, and MXZ 23. Lake I would use this on could be fairly rough on weekends.

Well, only speculations here at the moment. Nothing concret...

ahopkins22LSV

Hey guys / gals,

I would wait a month before you make a decision, unless you have to have a boat right now. The 24MXZ is a very impressive boat and capable of very good wakes with a lot of weight.

Hey guys / gals,

Would hold off, have been told it's LSV size on steroids. Wake is supposed to be rediculously huge. It's going to be fun to see what Malibu has come up with.

one ,month for release and not one pic has been leaked.. not much info out .., they saved the best for last ... and kept it hush hush pretty good.. so

the release should be huge..

Hey guys / gals,

The 24 MXZ is amazing, the hope for this new beast is it will have more sub floor ballast. That is the downside with the malibu line right now. A 24 MXZ only has 1450 sub floor. The hope is this new version will have 3000+.

End of the day wake/wave will be very similar for equal amounts of weight. I put 5000 pounds in my 24 MXZ I guarantee you it produces a bigger wave then this new boat does out of the box. However if new boat has 3000 sub floor it does open the door to the ridiculous.

The second problem if not addressed is with massive weight even 15" props are too small. Hopefully this will also be addressed with the new hull.

I am very curious about the new hull, but would not hesitate on the 24 MXZ.

One side note, if you buy the new version, you are guinea pig, malibu will do thier best to test these, but it is such a small sample size, there will be the potential for unforseen issue's. Malibu will address and resolve them, but expect more issues with a first run newith design. The 24 MXZ is seasoned, I have had 0 issues in my first 50 hours. It is rock solid.

Your decision is definitely a nice problem to have!

Edited by DarkSide

Darkside - looks like we boat on the same lake. Appreciate the information - MXZ does pretty good v LSV in terms of big weekends on water?

All thank you for responses. I have ridden in and been pulled behind some nice rides but this is my first purpose built towboat foray....

<----- Performance Boater - please don't judge :D

its an mxz on steroids.. wake huge.. heard performance is amazing.. huge surf wake... big like g23 .. i would wait for this beast..

Sounds great, but I hear steroids are pretty expensive these days...

I spoke to my dealer today and he is not convinced this new model exists. He said he was out at the Malibu factory in August getting trained on the new 16's and there was no mention of this, nor did he see any evidence during his time in the assembly floor. I believe he has no idea, and he believes he's telling me the truth. I'm just hopeful he is wrong.

• Like 1

I spoke to my dealer today and he is not convinced this new model exists. He said he was out at the Malibu factory in August getting trained on the new 16's and there was no mention of this, nor did he see any evidence during his time in the assembly floor. I believe he has no idea, and he believes he's telling me the truth. I'm just hopeful he is wrong.

Ixfe hopes you're right or he owes someone lunch!

• Like 2

I think your dealer may be playing possum. This boat is definitely happening.

• Like 2

Jack springer says boat will be in November. Completely new hull within an existing space. Existing space to me translates to MXZ as there is not a gap in traditional bow. The MXZ has 22' and 24'5" there is room for a 23' version. Also MXZ is oldest on the line right now. Think what happened to 23 LSV, redesigned BLOATED! Then followed up with same template 22 VLX, 25 LSV and now 20 VTX. So it makes sense to redefine MXZ, launch big bad 23 this year, retool 22 and 20 next year and voila. ...

Edited by DarkSide