Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Malibu Raptor Break In Period?

JB-FOOT

Well, just finished breaking in my buddies new boat....

was fun actually. although my head hurts from all of the learning of the touch screens and all of the hundreds of settings....

finished off the 10 hours this morning and then we actually slalomed skied it and surfed it...

I will post some pics most likely tomorrow. too tired to do it now.

one crazy setting is the Aggressive Throttle setting....can not figure out why anyone would every use that mode....

boat has the new surf board holding bimini and the new style motors and actuators on the outside of the boat for the surf gates

the remote wrist band was pretty cool

was pretty impressed with the Raptor 410 we had originally test drove the 2015 with the Chevy motor and did not know what to expect with the Ford

it was a pleasure to drive and jumps right up out of the hole while surfing and even while slalom skiing

and the new MALIBU made trailer was nice as well

• Like 2

Looks nice from what I can see! Two slalom skis on it though? Lol

Ha...yes, a SLALOM tractor it is NOT!

but, hey, we had to try it out just to see what it was like, and this was the second morning of the break in weekend, and we had enough hours to open it up...so before we surfed we thought we would break out the sticks...it was not as bad as we thought it would be. neither of us will most likely every ski it again, but at lease we know it can....it was like skiing behind a 23 foot I/O....except for the pull....;it was totally amazing out of the hole and got to speed very quickly. all of us were amazed as was the dealer, who also took as slalom run behind it too....hey, it was a morning exorcise!!!

we surfed it yesterday all day, with 8 people in the boat. totally awesome...and the Plug and Play ballast is not even in the boat yet. Malibu changed the connection system for 2016 and Mike Seiple from FatSac has not figured out the new bags just yet.

And YES, this is a 23LSV...

Was just joking on the lxi... For a big boat ski wake looks ok if rope length was set for the gap.

we were skiing for exercise and just used our normal 60' rope...

boat was impressive, the wake was not....haha

Curl looks good to foot behind. :)

boat has High altitude prop.

5400 RPMS was 35.7MPH :surprised:

so, NO......I won't be footing that anytime soon...