Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody else ever feel like this?

DaDeuce

And a great neighbor with common interests is like winning the lotto.

Move to a waterfront community. We have 4 Malibus on our street, plus 2 Mastercrafts, a Sanger & a Nautique.

There's a neighborhood on Sammamish near Issaquah I always liked, called Waverly Hills. Nice beach, docks, & lots of nice boats.

Move to a waterfront community. We have 4 Malibus on our street, plus 2 Mastercrafts, a Sanger & a Nautique.

There's a neighborhood on Sammamish near Issaquah I always liked, called Waverly Hills. Nice beach, docks, & lots of nice boats.

We have a summer home on Tapps. One neighbor is fine, the other we have a very strained relationship. Good and bad exist everywhere, even on the water. Sammamish is a great lake though.

This is the house across the street from me. Owned by a man who lives by himself, with occasional occupation by his son as well. The son owns one car. Look closely, and you can see the junk boat and a few extra trailers behind all the cars. You also can't see the red Harley tricycle that I have never seen move. He has removed the saw palmetto and at least 50 trees that used to block the view in the several years since he moved in.

Other neighbors complain about the look, I'm just happy they no longer think my place looks junky. It doesn't bother me at all.

20150724_180503.jpg

- Keep your exterior lights on at night

What's up with this one? Required light pollution? I hate street lights and houses with exterior lights on at night. Around here, that just attracts bugs anyway.

Go outside at night and look up. You can't see what I see because your neighbors have their lights on. It really is amazing.

If you have a criminal problem, catch them with IR cameras. Having your lights on only means your eyes won't adjust to the darkness and you won't see the dude behind the tree.

Living in Sammamish and HOA, you must have a list of rules 32 pages long of what you can't do.

I love the area though, it's beautiful and the city keeps it that way.

Call me when you need a new roof or gutters :lol:

This is the house across the street from me. Owned by a man who lives by himself, with occasional occupation by his son as well. The son owns one car. Look closely, and you can see the junk boat and a few extra trailers behind all the cars. You also can't see the red Harley tricycle that I have never seen move. He has removed the saw palmetto and at least 50 trees that used to block the view in the several years since he moved in.

Other neighbors complain about the look, I'm just happy they no longer think my place looks junky. It doesn't bother me at all.

20150724_180503.jpg

You live in a park?....not good, intervention

What's up with this one? Required light pollution? I hate street lights and houses with exterior lights on at night. Around here, that just attracts bugs anyway.

Go outside at night and look up. You can't see what I see because your neighbors have their lights on. It really is amazing.

If you have a criminal problem, catch them with IR cameras. Having your lights on only means your eyes won't adjust to the darkness and you won't see the dude behind the tree.

Light pollution? I live in the city and it's cloudy 364 days a year.

Mainly safety. A few years back in our old neighborhood a few cars were broken into one night. They only hit houses that didn't have any exterior lights on. Energy efficient lights aren't that expensive to run all night. You know the old saying....an once of pervention yada yada yada.... :)

You live in a park?....not good, intervention

Yup, we have to get a new tent from Wally World every few months because the UV is so bad around here. I had to clean up all my beer cans and toilet paper scars just to get the photo for you!

Not sure, I understand your comment. I lived in Redmond for 8 yrs, in the Lakewood Shores condos, where I had a boat slip, private ramp & on site boat/trailer parking. It was great. Although we did replace the roofs on year.....on the 45 yr old buildings. Go figure.

Also lived in Issaquah for about 10 yrs as a Jr high & high school kid. No new roof or gutters that I recall. And even less rules.

Living in Sammamish and HOA, you must have a list of rules 32 pages long of what you can't do.

I love the area though, it's beautiful and the city keeps it that way.

Call me when you need a new roof or gutters :lol: