Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 model axis boats

Shawn, please refrain from posting pics like this anywhere close to lunch time. Thank you :vomit::)

So you mean you think the axis dash is nicer?? I'm surprised. That new axis dash seems to have taken an ugly dash to an even uglier place. The mb dash on the other hand has lots of space to set your phone, an integrated EQ and BT bezel, etc. Remember this is what we are comparing to....

axisdash_zpsykv2aave.jpg

• Like 3

That picture from the owners manual is just awful. You have to TRY to make pictures looks that bad. I bet I could even make the Malibu dash look terrible if I tried hard enough lol.

The new dash could use some contrast though. With a little bit of metal in the steering wheel and accented on the dashboard, it would really pop. I think the issue I'm seeing with it is that it's ALL BLACK, which makes it look bland.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2

So you mean you think the axis dash is nicer?? I'm surprised. That new axis dash seems to have taken an ugly dash to an even uglier place. The mb dash on the other hand has lots of space to set your phone, an integrated EQ and BT bezel, etc. Remember this is what we are comparing to....

axisdash_zpsykv2aave.jpg

To be fair I don't think either is all that appealing. I don't think the axis dash is as bad as when I saw the first leaked pics. I'm sure the MB dash isn't as bad as that photo makes it out to be. All perspective. I do wish we had a decent MB dealer here. I would love to go out and demo

Wonder if I could pop out the Rockford remote and put that Kicker HU in it's place on a 14 LSV?

Look behind the remote. I think it is only a few inches before you hit fiberglass. You might to do a little cutting.

Look behind the remote. I think it is only a few inches before you hit fiberglass. You might to do a little cutting.

Oh yeah I know.... there's not much glass but I think one of the Viper boxes is back there. But I'm assuming the Kicker HU isn't very deep either, since there's no CD player.

axisdash_zpsykv2aave.jpg

I thought it looked familiar....I think it's a fail. It looks plastic.

image.jpg1_zpstx6marcq.jpg

Looked at a 2016 A22 today. It's a little better than the 2015 due to moving the heater vents. I still don't care for it that much but the rest of the boat is so nice I think I could get past the dash and windshield

Wow, I'm really not a fan of the new dash/wheel/controls.

I like the new dash layout better. I HATE that there isn't another color. Black on black on black on black is dumb. It needs some silver or gel color. Something to break it up a little.

That dash is a one year and done...it's terrible. Whoever designed that needs to be sent home on a permanent vacation without pay. It's a nice boat with a gawd awful dash design.

• Like 3

I like the new dash layout better. I HATE that there isn't another color. Black on black on black on black is dumb. It needs some silver or gel color. Something to break it up a little.

I sat in a new T22 on Saturday and this is the first I've seen the new dash in person. I like the functionality better than my '14 but ya the black on black on black is toooo much. It makes it look even more plastic than it is. The cell phone slot is nice and the fact that there is more switch locations is a plus. I am not sure what the pocket next to the HU is for. Nothing seems to fit in there. I did like the rest of the boat. Much better storage compared to '14. The Bimini is another head scratcher. It seems like it would only be effective if the sun was directly overhead and even then it's not big enough to really shade much.

The 2016 Axis is sporting the new Kicker Media center, juts not sure if its the MC10 or the MC20. Here are some features:

AM/FM and weatherband

blue tooth

rear usb (dual rear usb on the MC20)

rear AUX (dual rear AUX on the MC20)

Dimmer

Blue accent lighting that defeatable

Customizable start up screen

EEPROM memory

Low battery alert

50W x 4 speaker output thats 2 ohm stable

Front and Rear pre-amp RCA outputs (+ sub on the MC20)

CAN BUS connection between the display and control box on the MC20

2-Zone control on MC20

Compatible with the Kicker KRC15 LCD remote, Kicker PXIRCX remote, Sony RMX-11M remote and CPS SRC-2 remote

Real easy to navigate. Been waiting for these to finally be available as an aftermarket piece.

The 2016 Axis is sporting the new Kicker Media center, juts not sure if its the MC10 or the MC20. Here are some features:

AM/FM and weatherband

blue tooth

rear usb (dual rear usb on the MC20)

rear AUX (dual rear AUX on the MC20)

Dimmer

Blue accent lighting that defeatable

Customizable start up screen

EEPROM memory

Low battery alert

50W x 4 speaker output thats 2 ohm stable

Front and Rear pre-amp RCA outputs (+ sub on the MC20)

CAN BUS connection between the display and control box on the MC20

2-Zone control on MC20

Compatible with the Kicker KRC15 LCD remote, Kicker PXIRCX remote, Sony RMX-11M remote and CPS SRC-2 remote

Real easy to navigate. Been waiting for these to finally be available as an aftermarket piece.

Think it could be retrofitted into older models?

That dash is a one year and done...it's terrible. Whoever designed that needs to be sent home on a permanent vacation without pay. It's a nice boat with a gawd awful dash design.

Guys, its not that bad. Want a more expensive dash, get a malibu. I don't mind it. Very functional. The lighted tips of the toggles are nice and the new interface on the tach is great. New wheel great too.

• 7 months later...

There are a couple major differences between the 2 that I saw on the Kicker website.  The biggest I think is the 20 is SiriusXM ready.  I ordered my A20 with SP1 and the dealer is having a local shop "improve" the sound setup.  He does this with all his boat orders now because the quality of components (Rev towers), and specifically the sub mounted in a box rather than "free air" mounted to a plastic panel, can be done for approx the same cost as SP2.  If the HU is the 10 though that's going to suck.  I'll have to give them a call and find out.

I sent a request in to Axis via their website and the response I received was:

"I am showing we only offer the KMC20 and not the KMC10 so you should be receiving the KMC20 in your boat."

I'm very happy about that!