Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 model axis boats

I checked it out yesterday - the dash looks fine in person, definitely like the heaters on the sides. The 2016 LSV is looking pretty good to though - its going to be a tough decision.....

Just got our first three 2016s in this week. A20, A22, & A24.

Although the dash isn't a huge improvement, it is an improvement. It has a perfect spot for your phone now, the heaters are in much better locations, the glovebox is bigger and looks much better.

Other improvements include,

Plug n Play connections are in the right spots.

Thicker and stronger engine dividers that won't bend with ballast bags.

A24 has new interior that looks just like the A20 & A22 (not so plain).

New tower clips are very cool, instead of knobs.

Bimini has a couple extra straps for securing to the tower.

Kicker head unit looks much better (but no more CDs!!!!)

The new A20 is awesome. Easily the biggest 20' boat on the market. And that wave!!

• Like 3

Although the dash isn't a huge improvement, it is an improvement. It has a perfect spot for your phone now, the heaters are in much better locations, the glovebox is bigger and looks much better.

Other improvements include,

Plug n Play connections are in the right spots.

Thicker and stronger engine dividers that won't bend with ballast bags.

A24 has new interior that looks just like the A20 & A22 (not so plain).

New tower clips are very cool, instead of knobs.

Bimini has a couple extra straps for securing to the tower.

Kicker head unit looks much better (but no more CDs!!!!)

The new A20 is awesome. Easily the biggest 20' boat on the market. And that wave!!

Do you think they will offer retrofits on the 2015 tower if a person wanted the clips instead of the knobs?

want to touch the hiney.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think these dashes are like bad songs on the radio. At first you hate them but after hearing them a few hundred times in a few short weeks, you find yourself not minding them so much. Maybe even singing along.

I know the topic of these dahses and windshields have been beaten up but.... for those of you that like them and have an Axis. Do you really like them or have they just grown on you and you came to tolerate them because, other than a few other things, they seem to be awesome boats that put out a great wake?

I'm starting to think these dashes are like bad songs on the radio. At first you hate them but after hearing them a few hundred times in a few short weeks, you find yourself not minding them so much. Maybe even singing along.

I know the topic of these dahses and windshields have been beaten up but.... for those of you that like them and have an Axis. Do you really like them or have they just grown on you and you came to tolerate them because, other than a few other things, they seem to be awesome boats that put out a great wake?

I just don't care about how it looks to be honest. It works and that's all that matters.

• Like 3

I'm definitely not buying it for the dash but love the wave it makes without throwing pumps over the side and moving bags around so I can get my one set in surfing Goofy. Also, y'all have complained enough about touch screen issues that simple seems best for my situation.

I just don't care about how it looks to be honest. It works and that's all that matters.

I still prefer my 15 dash personally - but I completely agree with exactly what you said.

The windshield design has helped out tremendously. I can help grab the dock as I'm approaching it, I can start the boat while its on the trailer, I can easily lean out and see if my ballast is done emptying.

Funny thing is, everyone that dislikes them says that water will spray you from the side. I have never been sprayed by water, all the spray comes into the boat farther back by the tower, where a normal windshield would be of no help.

For the dash, I came from a 01' tige, so the vinyl covered molded plastic wasn't much of a change for me.

I really don't like the 16 dash, in professional or personal pictures. I have a 12, the last year for rocker switches and no heater outlets on the dash. My heater has a pull outs in the bow entry and the kick panel. Obviously biased, but that is my preference. And, as much as I would prefer a non plastic dash, if that's where I am cutting costs to keep it affordable I'm completely on board.