Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 model axis boats

The new dash isn't the most attractive. Makes my decision about ordering a '16 vs. an existing '15 a little more difficult. It doesn't seem like I will get much for the price increase.

5 year warranty?

Seriously, that is a terrible looking dash design.... its about as cheap as you could possibly make it look. Why cant they add some stainless to dress it up a little? Like Moomba does with there boats?

I agree! Another flop indeed... For some reason it reminds me of an old third gen iROC-Z dash... Maybe all the cheap plastic and lame steering wheel... Does the new Axis also have a cassette tape player?

DriversSideDash.jpg

• Like 3

Honestly, I think my 12' dash with the rocker switches looks the best out of the all the newer years.

The windshield posts look great though! I wonder if I can have them powder coated white and retrofitted to mine?

My only complaint about the 15'+ towers are the top tube looks unfinished with the top of the side panels. Also the Bimini.

That Axis dash looks like the what was in my Maverick UTV. $70K and you get that? Hope it is better in person.

I'd say so! Better dash, switches, more electronic functions, head unit, oh and look at the steering wheel!! :lol::blush:

00k0k_eVOFf7csvms_600x450.jpg

Honestly, I think my 12' dash with the rocker switches looks the best out of the all the newer years.

The windshield posts look great though! I wonder if I can have them powder coated white and retrofitted to mine?

My only complaint about the 15'+ towers are the top tube looks unfinished with the top of the side panels. Also the Bimini.

Yep, rocker switches are my preferred look as well. Nice to have been able to swap out an ACC rocker switch (on/off only) to a new switch that makes the heater look totally stock and gives me the High/low/off options.

Had a chance to ride and drive the '16 T22 this afternoon. The dash isn't that bad in person. Not anywhere close to my "07 vRide IMO but not a hideous monstrosity. The heater vent relo is nice. The family (and friends) all loved the boat though.

post-20255-0-97395900-1437789391_thumb.j

post-20255-0-16738300-1437789666_thumb.j

• Like 3

People on boat? Speed? That's a nice looking wave for that setup. Granted I've never looked at the goofy on my boat but I feel like I have more weight to get that wave on the regular side.

9 people on the boat. Some were younger kids. 6 "healthy" adults. 11mph. I will try to find a pic of the regular wave. Water depth was 10-18ft.

Cool, that explains it a little better. My wife was the only person on our T22 so we had to supplement people weight. Glad you had fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! Looks like the 16 did away with the chillax at the bow!? Did they keep the rated capacity at 11, even eliminating the seat? I love having seats/cushions there for seating and storage. Not a fan of the 2016 dash. I do like the ext gel scheme and the cushions on the rear deck. All in all, glad I got a 2015.

Had a chance to ride and drive the '16 T22 this afternoon. The dash isn't that bad in person. Not anywhere close to my "07 vRide IMO but not a hideous monstrosity. The heater vent relo is nice. The family (and friends) all loved the boat though.

Do you have any other interior photos? Observers seat and glove box/dash is of particular interest to me.

Oh no! Looks like the 16 did away with the chillax at the bow!? Did they keep the rated capacity at 11, even eliminating the seat? I love having seats/cushions there for seating and storage. Not a fan of the 2016 dash. I do like the ext gel scheme and the cushions on the rear deck. All in all, glad I got a 2015.

The bow seating is the same as the '15 T22. No difference there.

Do you have any other interior photos? Observers seat and glove box/dash is of particular interest to me.

I will look for other pics of the interior and will post. - Found one. You can see the box a little.

post-20255-0-01793900-1438717535_thumb.j

Edited by FarmerB

Watching the 2016 A20 release video made me like the dash alot more. I did not like the picture from the manual that was previously released, but this isnt bad. Recessing the gauges will probably help with glare too. Any idea what the cubby could be for next to the radio?

• Like 1