Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 model axis boats

Like the seperate switch for the under water lights.... I'll reserve judgement on the dash once better pictures come out.

Edited by RobSMalibu

Anyone else notice they went from the Sony Headunit to what appears to be a Kicker HU?

Didn't the Sony get discontinued, if so they had to find the next biggest and ugliest headunit available I guess.

Dash isn't bad and the windshield goes better with the new tower.

60 month warranty is a huge improvement. Is that parts and labor for the whole 60/mo?

2-37 or page 84 shows the new tower quick release

I told you all the dash was minor improvement at best. Those pictures are HORRIBLE though.

Edited by boardjnky4

Didn't the Sony get discontinued, if so they had to find the next biggest and ugliest headunit available I guess.

It's been discontinued for years. They must have been sitting on a huge stash of them.

I would have to see the dash with better pics or in person. As of right now in those I like mine better, but it might grow on me. A+ on the windshield, flows much better with newer tower.

If I read it right they took the T22 down to a 42 gal fuel tank and moved the fuel fill to the right side.

The typos are incredable. According to the floorplan manual axis will have the G3.2 tower now too.

axisdash_zpsykv2aave.jpg

Seriously, that is a terrible looking dash design.... its about as cheap as you could possibly make it look. Why cant they add some stainless to dress it up a little? Like Moomba does with there boats?

• Like 2

The new dash isn't the most attractive. Makes my decision about ordering a '16 vs. an existing '15 a little more difficult. It doesn't seem like I will get much for the price increase.