Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

In the south, “naked” means no clothes, but “nekkid” means…

ibelonginprison

Pulled one side off over lunch time - peeled off really easy in about 10 minutes, just need to use some cleaner to get the outline residue and then give it some wax. Terrible picture, looks like there are scratches all down the side of the boat because of the reflections. Only one of those is actually a scratch. Funny thing to me was how much water there was behind the big transformers puffy sticker in the middle.

post-22501-0-59591700-1437589729_thumb.j

post-22501-0-54831000-1437589497_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2

Looks good, OJ!
I bought spray on GooGone "gel." Bought it at Home Depot. Pulled the decals off, sprayed it on for about 10-15 minutes, rubbed the residue off with a red shop towel/rag and it was done.

Then did a real quick polish down the side to bring the shine back on the parts that weren't covered by a decal for 9 years and then hit the water.

I used 3m adhesive remover to get off the little bit of residue that was left. Used some Colinite hull cleaner to get rid of most of the shadowing and then a couple coats of colinite paste wax. Looks pretty good, there is one spot where the transformer head was in the center that still shows a little shadow.

Peeled the stickers off the other side and cleaned off the goo, but still need to buff and wax that side. Bigger pain since there are only a couple feet to the wall.

post-22501-0-23381200-1437606145_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep

Think I'm gonna get nekkid over the winter. I'm a little scared of the goo under them because somehow I have a hard time pulling stickers the right way so it doesn't leave any behind.

Think I'm gonna get nekkid over the winter. I'm a little scared of the goo under them because somehow I have a hard time pulling stickers the right way so it doesn't leave any behind.

Mine came off pretty clean and the 3m adhesive remover you just spray on and wipe off then rinse. The biggest pain was buffing off the ghosting, which was odd since under the stickers is where it looked faded. Had the boat out this after noon and I can see that there is still a little polishing left to do that I couldn't see in the garage.

I used the Starbrite stuff, it "worked" but it was messy, chalked up and dusted a lot, and didn't have a very long working time at all. I didn't make it past about an hour with it before I ditched it and started using my automotive stash.

The Menzera stuff I like to use has a super long working time, doesn't dust, cleans up really really easily. So that's why I like using it, even though it's not "marine specific."

I just think you have to use a little stronger polish for the marine application.

Edited by ibelonginprison