Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Else having problems with Mother Nature

JB-FOOT

Opposite problem here. We have had awesome weather. 55hours on my boat already. However water levels are really low and the summer may get cut short. I can barely get the boat in the water where our cabin is. This August will be out of the question.

Montana has had crazy weather this year. We have had the hottest June on record for like 100 years. Normally June is wet and cool here and we don't get out much, but this year it has been awesome. Flathead lake is as warm in June as it usually is in August. For now its great, but our fire danger is way high, and we are all a little bit concerned about water later in the summer. Our slip is in a pretty shallow bay, so we may be in trouble later in the summer as the river flows drop off. Enjoying it now as much as possible. High 90s all through the fourth weekend! :)

Been footing regularly since mid May in Wisconsin. :)

Though it shouldn't be low 50s on July 2 in the morning, but the 70 degree water helps. I'll take vs rain. We haven't skied much of the river this year because of floating logs, but that should change soon.

Went out today, going out Saturday morning. JB-Foot road trip.

What is rain? My local lake is empty, I walked across it about a month ago and didn't even see mud. There is a little water left in the California reservoirs, but they are dropping like crazy. I went over there in June and it looked like what the lake normally looks like in September or October. This is going to be a very short season for me.

Edited by thethrillofspeed

I saw your location......I did some work in Lawton in the late 90s and had a very nice night with a young lady on Maple Lake.... a very nice night...lol. There used to be a great steak house near the Welchs plant, I think is was called "The Big T".....Is it still there?

Big T is indeed still there. I can't wait for the new microbrewery to open across the street (Barn Brewer's.. used to be Old Hat, which closed)

As MalibuNation said, the water is REALLY high in the area. I had to go in and raise my dock already. I'm only around the area on weekends and the weather, for the most part, has been awful on the weekends. This past weekend I didn't even get the cover off of my boat (I did ski on Sunday behind a friends new prostar)

It looks like this holiday weekend may be the first good weekend we will have, but of course EVERYONE is going to be on the lake. the 4th is always packed with people, mainly tubers that don't do anything else the rest of the year. Maybe we'll get an early morning set or two in

Though it shouldn't be low 50s on July 2 in the morning, but the 70 degree water helps. I'll take vs rain. We haven't skied much of the river this year because of floating logs, but that should change soon.

Really, it's been way too nice. And I'm stuck at work. :mad:

Chilly mornings are keeping me from dawn patrol but driving past that glass on my way to work every day is giving me the itch. Also the only rain is supposed to happen at dusk on Saturday--just in time to keep us off the water for the fireworks. Family reunion at my parent's lake house next weekend. Hope the shoe doesn't drop on all this beautiful weather we've been having, four boats and a bunch of good folks should be a great time.

Been weird here. Lots of winds out of the east, which is rare for us in the summer. Been cold too. Air was 48 degrees when I dropped in this morning. I expect that in October, not July. Had the lake to ourselves until 9:30 though.

We finally have a break from the rain here in Texas. It rained for almost a month straight. Most places received more rain in one month than they do in an entire year!!

It's nice the lakes are up, but the water is still dirty and trashy. Gotta look out for sticks and logs when up river.

Stupid hot, (108) and to make matters worse, unusually stupid humid.

Should see normality next week, high 90's low humidity (perfect weather) and why I put up with every other BS thing California throws our way.

Unless it's going to be a complete 100% washout, we go. Trailer to lake put in and hang out at open slip at Marina till opening on radar shows up. Get out between squalls if we have to. No one else on lake that way too. Prediction for 50% chance of rain usually keeps most around here at home. Have not missed a weekend since about May 16Th. This weekend, 4th of July may be a bit wet but I'm still going.

Cold here in wi. We skied this am and it was 49 deg. I'm sitting on my deck in a Sseatshirt and am chilly. It is supposed to be nice this weekend, but not above 78deg

June was our rain month, 30 days in a row, it was a record. Now we're in the hot week days crap weekends. Lakes are just stupid busy this year between the influx of people to denver and one reservoir closed due to flooding. Seriously considering selling the boat after the 12th when I get back from vacation and begin the search for our next one. Thank god we have water though, even if too much caused all these problems

I'm thinking of selling my boat later this month. There is no local inventory for vdrives under 35-40k. Then I'm going to search California Craigslist ads looking for a deal once they run out of water.

Must be the river. We've only been out once and we had been out 14 times by this time last year (we keep a log). I only have evenings and weekends available and it seems like it's either been raining or 20 mph winds on the Madison lakes on the weekends. It's been beautiful mid-week, but I'm usually hauling my son around to practice or something then. Hopefully it just means the rest of the summer will be perfect.

Ready for a fun 3 day weekend only to find the governor has declared all of lake of the Ozarks a no wake lake. Largest busiest lake in the state. Should be interesting.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2015/07/02/no-wake-lake-of-the-ozarks/29648073/

We got here yesterday and lake was 2-3 feet higher than ever, but this morning it looks normal. I wonder if they'll lift the no wake policy soon.

Cold here in wi. We skied this am and it was 49 deg. I'm sitting on my deck in a Sseatshirt and am chilly. It is supposed to be nice this weekend, but not above 78deg

Was gorgeous on La Belle this am. Too many boat rollers to do much, but a gorgeous morning.

OH MY GOSH, another weekend with Trashed Chocolate Milk water!

High and flowing like a M*ther,,,,

gonna go and try a lake for a change and deal with choppy but clean water....

I am So Tired of this nonsense!

Our normal Pool (water) height is 9 1/2' to 10'

and not this mess.....

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=pbz&gage=elzp1

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?03075070

Edited by JB-FOOT

This week is the first week the water is up high enough for us to launch our boat on our home lake. But, with the amazing weather up here in the PNW, we have been trailering to other lakes. We put on 43 hrs before July 4th--best year ever!

Going to table rock lake(MO) tmro for a week. We have had one of the wettest June on record with a wet July so far. Oh well hopefully the water is not full of debris.

You guys have first world problems. Today was the first day of winter where it actually got cold enough to snow on the mountains. Unfortunately there has not been a lot of rain thus far but it's full steam ahead from here. 8 weeks and were back on the river.

Our lake was 4 ft above normal, now down to 2 1/2. People can not put their docks in and most mooring balls are under water. The best part is the parking area at the launch fills up with lakefront owners now keeping out the day users which are flocking to our lake because we haven't closed down our launches or charge a fee like all the other lakes in the area.