Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgate high amp warning

nutoz

was out last weekend surfing when this warning came on , surf gate on starboard side will not deploy. port side operated ok.

only way to stop the warning was to cycle the power. looked under the dash for any thing labeled surfgate and did not find anything

there must be some kind of current sensor on the gate motor leads to generate this warning..called dealer and he is replacing the

actuator and wiring harness update. my boat is 2013 .

does any one had similar incident and is there a fuse or overload block some where.

parts have not come in yet so had not had the boat to the dealer yet.

I will ask but thought get some info before hand.

Control module for Surfgate is attached to rear transom behind muffler on port side. There is a small hex bolt that holds wire harness in place on control module. On my 2013, this bolt was loose and allowed water inside of connector. Disconnect, clean, use dielectric grease and securely re-attach. Mine was very corroded so the dealer replaced the control box and harness.

Control module for Surfgate is attached to rear transom behind muffler on port side. There is a small hex bolt that holds wire harness in place on control module. On my 2013, this bolt was loose and allowed water inside of connector. Disconnect, clean, use dielectric grease and securely re-attach. Mine was very corroded so the dealer replaced the control box and harness.

It is a really goofy place to put those electronics IMHO.

• 4 years later...
On 6/29/2015 at 11:35 AM, bunji169 said:

Dealer is telling me that the Control Module on my 2013 23lsv wake setter is blown...  do you remember how much it cost you to have yours replaced?