Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 25 LSV

longbeard

ahopkins22LSV

So just to clarify this looks to be the 247 replacement (I still disagree with dropping that moniker if they did) and NOT the new giant/deep/whale of a boat on a new hull--correct?

You would think the new line of wake pigs would not have the LSV name but rather something to differentiate it.

That would be my guess without seeing specs.

I thought we were over weighting our surf gate boats? To sink a 25lsv to the rub rail would require a bit of weight, no? Looks like a pretty decent wave to me.

I don't buy into the "overweighting" theory. My LSV wave is better with more weight. And you can clearly see from those pics that the gate is under water... big deal; the wave still looks big.

I'm with you Bunji!!....Starting a new thread in Modifications about this...

T22 Wave

image.jpg1_zpspbudymhn.jpg

IMHO, I believe this is solely due to hull shape. The wave/wake that you are looking at is on the opposite side of the Surf Gate and is a result of the hull shape, not the surfgate shape. The surfgate only allows the convergence to be delayed. the shape is based on the hull shape on the side the wave is formed.

And to clarify, I realize the picture and angle are a bit deceiving. The lower pic of my wave was taken with a drone on a day when all the moons aligned perfectly. My wave never looks like that from inside the boat.

I don't buy into the "overweighting" theory. My LSV wave is better with more weight. And you can clearly see from those pics that the gate is under water... big deal; the wave still looks big.

I don't either, and it appears Malibu doesn't either. I was referring to a thread in the ballast section. Even on our lowly 2013 23lsv we still put in well over 3000lbs of balast over full MLS, and we don't have the same freeboard as the newer boats.

If I had to upgrade right now, one reason I would consider the G series would be because of the Freeboard those boats offer. Would love to see Malibu put out a Surf boat with greater Freeboard asap!

If I had to upgrade right now, one reason I would consider the G series would be because of the Freeboard those boats offer. Would love to see Malibu put out a Surf boat with greater Freeboard asap!

Is this not enough freeboard for you...?

This is 23 LSV with 5k in weight.

20150618_104145_zps4b8tzigi.jpg

ahopkins22LSV

It reminds of my fathers Chrysler Córdoba with Corinthian Leather....and you know that was PB interior

If you don't order a boat with pb interior it is going to be a major disappointment.

• Like 2

Is this not enough freeboard for you...?

This is 23 LSV with 5k in weight.

20150618_104145_zps4b8tzigi.jpg

Seriously though compared to a G that thing has very little freeboard. The G boats and boats like them are super deep

Seriously though compared to a G that thing has very little freeboard. The G boats and boats like them are super deep

But they look like pigs. Malibu can obviously hold the large amounts of weight and look better doing it.

But they look like pigs. Malibu can obviously hold the large amounts of weight and look better doing it.

I guess that's all subjective on looks. I personally like the G look. What the freeboard really does is allow under floor weight to be massive. If this boat doesn't have a huge amount of freeboard there is no way it compete with those types of boats for ballast plus storage.

Edited by CJAY

Compared to a G everything has very little freeboard. Thanks, Capt. Obvious.

My point was simply how much does one really need? In that pic I'm running 5k of ballast and there's still 2.5' of fiberglass from the gunnel to the water. The boat doesn't look remotely slammed.

The notion that the new Bu's are low to the water is just wrong. They may not be G's, but they are also nothing like the Bu's of just a few years ago. These a big, boxy boats... for $30k less than a G boat.

Edited by IXFE

i would not begin to think the 23LSV doesn't have enough freeboard. I run the same setup as IXFE and have not even came close to dipping the nose. I guess if you used to have an old school early 2000 model X Star and can keep water out of the nose anything now days seems legit. I agree about the G23 and the looks, not a fan. to tall on the trailer and in the water. I do think they are awesome boats but not a fan of the looks.

Captain obvious here, the G has so much more freeboard due to huge subfloor balast. There is no room in curent BU design to get anywhere close to the industry norm. In order to get to 3k subfloor the whole boat needs to grow 3-6 inches deeper minimum.

You can put 5K of ballast in a Malibu but when you do that you have literally no storage and or have to walk over bags.

On a G you can put 5K of ballast, walk around the boat and still have all of the storage you want.

Lots of choices out there to suit everybody's needs and likes.