Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 25 LSV

longbeard

I hear the X-Star with Gen 2 has a really good wakesurfing wake too! They need to promote that!!!

I've ridden behind a 2013 X-Star with Gen2 several times. The wakesurf is not that good at all as in not much height or push or length in the wave. We have tried several times to improve it but so far it was better when listed.

Best, I get. Most expensive? Maybe. When I was at the boat show, MC x23 was more expensive than the g23.

Spec'd equally, the X23 is 15k less than the G23. Base prices are 20k apart, but you gotta add the bigger touch screen on the X23 to be equally comparative. You can get the prices up to the same, if you add options to the X23 that are not available on the G. Equally optioned, though, it's about 15k.

Spec'd equally, the X23 is 15k less than the G23. Base prices are 20k apart, but you gotta add the bigger touch screen on the X23 to be equally comparative. You can get the prices up to the same, if you add options to the X23 that are not available on the G. Equally optioned, though, it's about 15k.

Just out of curiosity, what options does the X23 have that the G doesn't?

Just out of curiosity, what options does the X23 have that the G doesn't?

Have to probably look at the MSRP sheets again. It's nothing that anybody would consider necessary. Off the top of my head (and I might be wrong on a couple)

Rear facing lights

Billet speaker cans on tower

Quad board racks

Surf board racks

Bimini surf sleeves

Hydraulic steering

Heated observer seating (might have been added now)

Transom lounge seating

Go pro mounts

Led tower speaker lights

Might be others, and some others might be available on the G now. Haven't looked at the sheets since last year. The speaker cans are the biggest $$ adding option in that list, especially the 8.8" cans. They are not even close to being worth the $$ in my opinion. I'm happy with my JL cans at 1/3 the cost.

• Like 2

So, I can get in an x23 for 105k? Cuz the one the dealer had at the boat show was in the 150s. Granted it had the 7.4...

what are the gopro mounts? LOL and how much more than the cameras themselves do they cost?

The Gopro mount on the Nautique is a $185 option MSRP. I was led to think that the cost included more than just sticking a mount on top of the swivel pylon on the tower. The pylon is sort of irregular oval shaped so that the pylon automatically swivels towards the rider with the pull of the rope. It would not surprise me to find out that the only real difference is they stuck a plastic mount on top of the swivel and that without the option, the pylon is the same.

So, I can get in an x23 for 105k? Cuz the one the dealer had at the boat show was in the 150s. Granted it had the 7.4...

If you were fine with a 6.0, and not many options...... And the dealer was offering a typical discount. Yes.

I've ridden behind a 2013 X-Star with Gen2 several times. The wakesurf is not that good at all as in not much height or push or length in the wave. We have tried several times to improve it but so far it was better when listed.

Interesting. Hit or miss.

I found the X23 with the 7.4 more expensive than a G23 with similar options and the PCM550.

That would not surprise me. The 7.4 is a custom hand built engine vs the LSA rolling off the assembly line in Mexico.

The Gopro mount on the Nautique is a $185 option MSRP. I was led to think that the cost included more than just sticking a mount on top of the swivel pylon on the tower. The pylon is sort of irregular oval shaped so that the pylon automatically swivels towards the rider with the pull of the rope. It would not surprise me to find out that the only real difference is they stuck a plastic mount on top of the swivel and that without the option, the pylon is the same.

post-15441-0-06219300-1435522181_thumb.j

The surf wave has a monster lip on it! Looks to be nice and steep.

I am bummed the 247 name is going the way of the dinosaur. Even if uneducated folk wanted to call it 24/7. Even that had a nice ring to it.

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 2

I am bummed the 247 name is going the way of the dinosaur. Even if uneducated folk wanted to call it 24/7. Even that had a nice ring to it.

Said that a couple times already. Marketing 101: if you have a name with double meaning that fits your product and shows it in a positive light--use it! Especially when it sets it apart from the rest of the industry...