Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So does your Nautique G23 Wave Look Like This?

Afun

I'm an average rider and I can do things behind my boat that I could never do behind a SG boat.

Come on Lance... you're way way above average. You're killing it this year.

That explains why Afun and IXFE are gridlocked with their surf abilities!

Yeah, I've long suspected this to be my problem... I'm spending too much on boats every year. My lack of progression has nothing to do with my age, average athletic ability, or the fact that I didn't start water sports of any kind until 5 years ago.

• Like 3

I'm an average rider and I can do things behind my boat that I could never do behind a SG boat.

My question..can you do it behind the G Boats with NSS and a Axis T22?

Yes and no....

So natural ability plays a huge role. I am limited there and I know it. Having a good wave that is solid under my feet is a huge help and allows me to do some things I can't behind a lot of boats.

Now someone that is really good is going to be good no matter what but it's wrong to say the wave doesn't matter in their case as well.

My question..can you do it behind the G Boats with NSS and a Axis T22?

The t22 I rode was horrible. I also rode behind a 14 vlx with 800s all around and it was better then t22. We spent a few hours dialing the t22 but in the end it was also underpowered so take it with a grain of salt.

The t22 had a 330 horse and 537 so ya.

To answer the OP question...Yup, my wave does that and it is very nice to ride. The lens makes it look like it goes way out onto the wave, but it only exists as the wave is erupting, and then the wash line ends up as the lip.

Come on Lance... you're way way above average. You're killing it this year.

Yeah, I've long suspected this to be my problem... I'm spending too much on boats every year. My lack of progression has nothing to do with my age, average athletic ability, or the fact that I didn't start water sports of any kind until 5 years ago.

Thanks IXFE. I still see myself as average..... Just go watch some pros.... So humbling.

ahopkins22LSV

Thanks IXFE. I still see myself as average..... Just go watch some pros.... So humbling.

Everyone is average or pathetic compared to pros. I'm a very pathetic skier compared to pros :rofl:

Have to compare yourself to your friends and others in the area!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 1

Everyone is average or pathetic compared to pros. I'm a very pathetic skier conspired to pros :rofl:

Have to compare yourself to your friends and others in the area!

Right!!! And on my river I never see guys pulling airs and 3's like LBJ.

• Like 1

^^^^ you are not the Oracle....I know you

For sure I am no Oracle. And I never said a big wave was not nice to have. Just that it has way more do to with the rider and his/her abilities. You probably have one of the best waves of ANY boat out there so don't worry about lips, shapes and push unless is has to do with the opposite sex. Just keep riding.

• Like 2

For sure I am no Oracle. And I never said a big wave was not nice to have. Just that it has way more do to with the rider and his/her abilities. You probably have one of the best waves of ANY boat out there so don't worry about lips, shapes and push unless is has to do with the opposite sex. Just keep riding.

Your argument is bad. It assumes ANY of us wanna go pro and be a fully flagged wake bro. I could care less about that. Or about the tricks you allude to some day getting to.

Me and my 200lb + friends have more FUN and ENJOY ridding a bigger wave.

If we were 140lb skim groms hoping to be wake gear sales reps your argument would be valid. Not the case.

Edited by nyryan2001

I've only been behind one SG boat, but it was a '13 VLX loaded with factory ballast plus a bunch of PnP. I had a real hard time finding the pocket and felt it lacked push. Our '01 with Wedge, diamond hull, and about 1200 lbs of distributed ballast with hard list might not have as long a wake, but the push is far better. Really, I was shocked how slow my normally fast board felt on the slammed SG rig.

Edited by UWSkier

ttp://axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2479&start=20

another crappy T22 wave

Look on page 3 of the post I know it on the starboard side and this wave cost 50k to 60k less than the g boats.

It gets get plenty of push from both sides

I see no lip on the G video, look kinds funky to me, camera angles can make things looks really good

I would like to know how weight is really in that g boat it is a big boat and the swim platform is under water

Your argument is bad. It assumes ANY of us wanna go pro and be a fully flagged wake bro. I could care less about that. Or about the tricks you allude to some day getting to.

If we were 140lb skim groms hoping to be wake gear sales reps your argument would be valid. Not the case.

I Agree!!! :)

Lots of good points made so far. This reminds me of a similar situation on a wakeboard. One of my friends (who eventually went pro as a skier) used to be able to land inverts behind a Bayliner in rough water. I on the other hand needed glass and a much larger wake to land the same tricks. Recently a member asked about getting a better wake for his hs wake jump where he wasn't clearing the wake. If he spent a few sets working on his skills, he could probably go wtw no problem without needing an epic wake.

Many good points have been brought up about skill and athleticism. I agree completely.

I thought IXFE was out of this "off topic" discussion yet he keeps coming in here giving LBJ a reach-around.... Make up your mind!

So Afun, basically unless your skills are great you'll need a better wave. Notice I didn't say bigger. I said better. An average wave can hold you back. A great wave can make you progress faster.

Well........it's a bit of a riddle IMO:

More is possible for me behind LBJ's boat than for me, behind my boat. That's a fact.

BUT I didn't need an LSV wave to hone my skills.

BUT at the same time I don't think I could have progressed past a certain point without at least a certain level of wave. (ie: not slow, not flat, not soft).

The multiquote thing never works for me! Ok, I understand what you are saying. You have been a motivating factor in this search for a wave. At the end of the day, I still think I'm not going to be blown away by other waves. I think patience and time on the water has to grow so I could make progress.

I demoed a 2015 Centurion Enzo FS22 with a 450 Ram Cats Mammajammma...maybe I will write up a review

• Like 1

I have aspirations to be a dude man bro. Com'on we all want to make at least some progress. Bigger airs, more consistent 360's...the wave that has the biggest lip and most power is out there...you may have it

• Like 2

I've only been behind one SG boat, but it was a '13 VLX loaded with factory ballast plus a bunch of PnP. I had a real hard time finding the pocket and felt it lacked push. Our '01 with Wedge, diamond hull, and about 1200 lbs of distributed ballast with hard list might not have as long a wake, but the push is far better. Really, I was shocked how slow my normally fast board felt on the slammed SG rig.

No,no,no....how do I delete you post

I thought IXFE was out of this "off topic" discussion yet he keeps coming in here giving LBJ a reach-around.... Make up your mind!

So Afun, basically unless your skills are great you'll need a better wave. Notice I didn't say bigger. I said better. An average wave can hold you back. A great wave can make you progress faster.

I agree with the second part of your statement...

I'm surprised to hear anyone say such a thing....different strokes and all of that I guess. That sounds really boring and it is the root of the reason some people think surfing is boring.....they never get into the progression part

The person that does this should duct tape a mini cooler to the front of their board so they don't even have to get to the right of passage "trick" the beer hand up.

To add to the conversation my airs have suddenly got bigger. As is the last two sessions and we are talking from a couple inches to a full foot..... I have been riding the same wave all season so far and earlier my airs the same as always

What changed? I changed but the wave was the same...something clicked.

I watched -BS- throw down the best heal side riding I have seen the other day and it happened overnight. Suddenly he just got it, something clicked. The wave didn't change obviously.

My advice to Afun is to be careful here. I would feel pretty bad if I expected my riding to improve overnight after slapping down G kinda money. I have never ridden a G wave but if it is better the progress will still be slow and take years to develop.

And Afun- read my signature would ya? ;)

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

To add to the conversation my airs have suddenly got bigger. As is the last two sessions and we are talking from a couple inches to a full foot..... I have been riding the same wave all season so far and earlier my airs the same as always

What changed? I changed but the wave was the same...something clicked.

I watched -BS- throw down the best heal side riding I have seen the other day and it happened overnight. Suddenly he just got it, something clicked. The wave didn't change obviously.

My advice to Afun is to be careful here. I would feel pretty bad if I expected my riding to improve overnight after slapping down G kinda money. I have never ridden a G wave but if it is better the progress will still be slow and take years to develop.

And Afun- read my signature would ya? ;)

I get it. I am also seeing progress in my surfing, but it's at a snails pace. My 4 & 7 years old also keep me off the water a bit. Norrismike's foil has also put a bit of a damper on our Surfing collectively. Now my other buddy Foils all the time and doesn't surf. We use to put in 8 hour surf days.

The sensitivity of a wave when listing a boat is just as a turn off as having a wave that is hard to pop off (SG). But with some time and skill I will make progress...ie(RayRay)

Yesterday I demoed a 2015 Centurion Enzo FS33 with a 450 listed, but I am not ready to talk about it. Looking forward to JoeA's G boat On July 3rd!

• Like 2