Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Offical hello.

DRAGON88

Hello crew, seeing as we took delivery of an 06 VLX last Saturday at 1:00 in the morning I feel that I should introduce myslef as I will probably be poking around these forums learning and gathering information.

Might I digress, my name is Richard, some of you may know me from wakeboarder.com where I have been posting for probably 5 or so years now. I am currently a moderator of wakeskating.com and an avid boat enthusiast. I also am somewhat of a photography fiend.

Anyways, we put about 7.2 hours on our VLX this weekend and I must say that although it is vastly different from our 210, I like it. It's definitely taking some time to settle into though, my family has owned CC's for the past 7 or 8 years. I have to now completely re-learn how to dock the boat with this goofy prop rotation. ;) But I really like how solid the boat feels. It also tracks to phenomenally!

Thank you for your attention, I look forward to learning and reading up on Malibu's. You guys have a great community on here and I'm glad to be on board. Yahoo.gif

Cheers-

Richard

img_1416.jpg

img_1418.jpg

img_1149_140.jpg

Cover Crafts cover is on the way:

img_1468.jpg

Richard very nice boat might I add, and Welcome back to the site, glad you made the switch, my family too were owners of CC since the 70's and I turned to the BRIGHT side some 11 years ago. I really like your lift, pads on all the poles, and great choice on the racks, nice racks rank very high on my list.

Grant

Edited by Xcape00

Nice boat, nice setup, nice lake! Congrats on the new ride! Jefe on this site is a recent CC convert as well. Dare we call it a trend? :)

Richard,

I was wondering if you went with the VLX and if so, which one. I was looking at this one in the shop and really liked the color combination. I am enjoying my midnight blue, but thought this one looked really sharp, and as someone else noted, classy.

What cover did you go with? I think I finally have the Covercrafts cover tuned in, or at least close enough. I think both Bridge City and Cory at Covercrafts have learned alot working on my cover. I've had mine in at the shop for the 20hr maintenance and getting the observer heated seat wired in (requirement for the wife) and should pick it back up tomorrow or Wednesday. You're going to be ready for the 20hr maint in a few days at the rate you are putting on hours. Good for you!

What will happen to your 210? Chris showed me another Nautique that got slammed into broadside by another boat two years ago and hasn't been fixed yet because all of the insurance companies involved are arguing over it. I think he said that the owners have been boatless in the meantime. I'm glad you were able to get such a fine boat right away and be back on the water.

Nice setup on the water by the way.

Welcome to the Bu family.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I decided to name the boat Hakana which is a Swedish name meaning "noble" I know it's passe to name wakeboard boats. But it's just something we've always done.

Wakegirl, that is Mercer Lake in Florence actually, we haven't put the boat in another lake for the past 9 or so years.

Obski, actually the boat is from San Jose. Unfortunately Bridge City didn't have any VLX's that were colored/ optioned like we wanted. I have a friend who is a salesman for UWS and he actually tracked down this boat, it was in one of their shop's showrooms and it was exactly the colors that we wanted. I realize that we've probably kind of screwed ourselves service-wise. (If I were a boat dealership I know I wouldn't be doing any favors to non customers. I'm not even sure if we'd have the guts to take it to Bridge City.) But once we get the first service out of the way I feel capable to tackle any issues that might come up. I mean I don't want to jinx myself, by saying that. But, we haven't really ever had a local dealership since we've owned an inboard. Honestly it's what we would be doing regardless of who we bought the boat from. My dad called Cory today and ordered up a cover and it should be here mid next week. I'm glad to hear they got all the fitting figured out.

On the day that we had the boat delivered we actually settled with the insurance company. Perhaps it was a sign? I'm not really sure what's going to happen to our SAN, the insurance company wanted about $10k salvage value, and Pat didn't seem to want it for that price. Although he might be able to get a better price from the insurance company...

It looks a lot like the one they had in the shop at Bridge City. Very nice.

I have always wondered about the lakes around Florence. I spent a couple of weeks at Camp Baker which is on Siltcoos about 10 years ago. The boys earned their Motorboating merit badge there. I've never taken the boat down that way. We have camped at Honeyman a number of times. I know that the dune buggies are big there. We tried it once and thought it was ok, but didn't feel I needed to do it again. To each their own.

Have you ever eaten at the Blue Hen? It's almost worth a trip down the coast for a meal.

Beautiful boat, love those classy colors. Biggrin.gif

Have to agree. Glad your friend ;) could help you find her. That lake looks great and wish I could just walk out my door and go riding. Your so lucky. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Richard! Great looking boat. We've seen a couple of new ones with a similar scheme and it just looks fantastic....maybe for my next one.

I am wanting to install a boat lift. What brand is yours? What are the poles made of? How much did it cost?

OldHickory

Awesome looking boat and I love the lake in the background. Very jealous that you can go out your back door and get immediate runs. You will love your 'bu!

Good stuff DRAGON88, looks nice and welcome to the site. You'll be glad to know that the majority of TMC members are over 18 and educated unlike that of your wb.com dwelling. Biggrin.gif

Good stuff DRAGON88, looks nice and welcome to the site. You'll be glad to know that the majority of TMC members are over 18 and educated unlike that of your wb.com dwelling. Biggrin.gif

That's awful bold of you to call the majority of us edmucated. Crazy.gif

That's awful bold of you to call the majority of us edmucated. Crazy.gif

ha! Spend some time on wb and you'll swear we are all genious!

Dragon, congrats on the new bu. I hate to hear about your SAN as it was in my opinion the best looking, cleanest one I have seen. Enjoy the new boat.