Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Silver Surfer is coming! (long)

DarkSide

No idea, i got a couple minutes with it today, so i could get all of the serial numbers to get her insured. I will ask, if the answer is no, i will then ask why not? The only downside is this is only like the 4th G4 they have done. They didn't order any stock boats with it last year.

Also it looks like 4 wake boards is possible in clamping racks. Just the swivel will not work well as the boots will hit each other. The racks are staggered enough that it should work. I will borrow some boards while it is there and test.

Looks awesome!! Make sure to post some "rig" pics once you've got it all hooked up and taking her home.

Sucks you're on the otherside of the country or I'd try and get those "silly" wheels off of you for my trailer.

I will also try and get a decent on the water picture on Friday. I am actually taking delivery at the lake. So they tow it up, i do water test, and get orientation, then drive home later that day.

Anderson, you could get a ride. No bags, no lead, no loading, YET. We will get you out in a week or so after break in.

Fman,

I think he is in Nevada. The AZ team is the Paradise Water Sports team reincarnated. After going there separate ways for a while, during down economy, they are ALL back together under the Boulder flag.

Boulder is awesome, they are really fantastic to work with.

boat looks great. Looks like a mature adult male designed it.... love it. A light window tint would look fantastic, suggest you consider a high quality polarized light tint.... cant wait to see surf wave pics.

FYSA that Fulton F2 jack will be at its limit with such a heavy boat... yours has got a really heavy bow, and nothing in the boat yet... lead going in the bow? Mine only lasted a year and its getting real hard to crank. If that's a Boatmate, ensure you do your registration card... they'll swap it out no questions asked, just submit a claim online and they'll send a new one.

I may need to swap over the 2000lb Fulton with the fixed foot... no wheel.

boat looks great. Looks like a mature adult male designed it.... love it. A light window tint would look fantastic, suggest you consider a high quality polarized light tint.... cant wait to see surf wave pics.

FYSA that Fulton F2 jack will be at its limit with such a heavy boat... yours has got a really heavy bow, and nothing in the boat yet... lead going in the bow? Mine only lasted a year and its getting real hard to crank. If that's a Boatmate, ensure you do your registration card... they'll swap it out no questions asked, just submit a claim online and they'll send a new one.

I may need to swap over the 2000lb Fulton with the fixed foot... no wheel.

FULTON JACKS ARE GARBAGE....THE COMPANY SHOULD CLOSE DOWN

Did you replace yours? with what? I'm looking for a 2k rated direct bolt on swap. fixed foot is actually preferable...don't need the wheels anymore with backup camera.

Edited by nyryan2001

Did you replace yours? with what? I'm looking for a 2k rated direct bolt on swap. fixed foot is actually preferable...don't need the wheels anymore with backup camera.

At the end of the season I will ask for my 3rd replacement....I have no ideas on another brand direct replacement

Hard to crank, and drips grease or whatever that is

Fulton has a 2k no wheel.

The problem is they say they are maintenance free. They absolutely aren't .... they get completely submersed every time you launch the boat.. and I assume the grease that coats the gears gets washed away over time and/or gums up with dirt. Then they put special fasteners on the top to make it difficult to open, and access to the part is difficult to grease it.

But ya, looking at the distance your jack is from that front tire, lots of weight on it... and how big that bow is.... that Fulton will be showing signs of wear in how easy it is to use by the end of this summer.

Yup, I'm on my second F2 Jack in less that a year as well. The return process was painful with Fulton as they did not want to warranty it. My boat is significantly lighter than all of yours and it had way too much slop in it.

I hope to have a few break in hours tomorrow morning, Then home to start some install work. Tower speakers and hopefully amps. I have a lot of stuff prepped so hoping it goes smooth. Then Saturday PNP and engine duvider reinforcement. Followed by sub install. If i get that far. I fabricated the plexiglass front for the sub box last night.