Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Silver Surfer is coming! (long)

DarkSide

I think those spacers will be a touch too much. I think I have mine angled at like 10-12* and even then the speakers are still pointing up when towing a surfer. ICBW tho.

I saw this thread and thought of you on your pump upgrade concept: http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/10289-transfer-system-for-fast-side-to-side-switch/

Thank you SD, I will not know for another couple weeks. Easy to cut spacers down, adding more means building another set... So this is the starting point.

Delivery got pushed out a bit. The factory had a couple power fails that put them a touch behind, my boat sat in the final stage, just before shipping over the break. Should have shipped today, but may not ship until tomorrow. I am currently putting bow bag plan on hold as, I have moved some bomb wake around. I am using the new custom bags i bought for the new boat, and now weights are a bit different. Wave is the best I have ever ridden though! I am getting really excited about PW2. I don't have enough power to run everything full so I am running a gated list. Regular wave is good, goofy wave is rediculous!

Edited by DarkSide

I think those spacers will be a touch too much. I think I have mine angled at like 10-12* and even then the speakers are still pointing up when towing a surfer. ICBW tho.

I saw this thread and thought of you on your pump upgrade concept: http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/10289-transfer-system-for-fast-side-to-side-switch/

Thank you for the thread. Same concept, different approach. I still need some water on non surf side, so filling and draining via lake makes more sense to me. I just got the 2000 GPH pumps. They are bigger than expected but i think i can still fit them in.

Man... that boat is just crazy gorgeous. Such a great color scheme. Of course, you know I like that color pallet.

Also, the new section of the factory looks so nice and tidy... can we call that "lean" now...? :salute:

Beauty boat ! Great color combo. So what attracts you to the MXZ over say a VLX or LSV ?

The bow area! My wife likes sitting up there. The 24 MXZ and 23 LSV have very similar lounge areas. To me those two have the perfect sized seating. Also with 24 MXZ the standard engine is bigger, so out the door cost is similar. I also like the "bat mobile" styling of the MXZ. It does everything i like very well, some people say the 23 produces a better wave. I am skeptical of that claim, in any case the MXZ produces a better wave than my riding ability, so all good.

Man... that boat is just crazy gorgeous. Such a great color scheme. Of course, you know I like that color pallet. :salute:

The first thing we saw at the factory was the 25LSV, the one in the Cadillac video. It is the same color scheme, charcoal metalic, ebony, and indy red. As soon as we saw that i knew our color choices were solid. You still have my favorite LSV.

She is on a truck headed my way. So time is starting to run short. I have been working on the subwoofer for a couple weeks. I did not order the factory sub because it is way too expensive for what you get. The factory provides a "free air/infinite baffle" 12" Rockford sub. It does not get any type of enclosure, it is simply mounted to this. (Picture at bottom). Needless to say, the sound is not what you want in a 100k boat. I will say this sub can sound ok when boxed. However in a free air installation, where the plastic flexes really bad, it is underwhelming

post-24799-0-74899800-1437057335_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSide

The solution is build a box and replace the factory playoff with a piece of plexiglass. Cut the plexiglass to shape and voila, decent sub. This also requires you to relocate 2 heater vents, but they are positioned poorly as well, so win win.

For the sub i chose a Rockford P3D2 15. I know rockford dies not get much love here but sounds quality is decent and price is right. I built a sealed enclosure to Rockford's specifications. I then wrapped 5 sides in dynamat, this provides additional dampening and provides some water protection. I will also say in 110 AZ heat, it gets REALLY sticky. So dynamat is not coming off anytime soon. The 6th side outs plexiglass, so water resistance is inherent. When mounting this way the sub sits at a slight upward angle, so back edge only touches floor. So i am not planning spacers at this point. I accidentally got a bit of glue on the front of the box that i will have to sand off, but here is where it is in progression now.

Power for SUB is Rockford p500x1 which is exactly what it wants

post-24799-0-30123500-1437058261_thumb.j

post-24799-0-45374800-1437058309_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSide

Yes, the nice thing is i also still have the 14 as a test bed. I can test amps, sub, etc. Using current boat, i have long power wires and rca to temp test with.

Edited by DarkSide

Thank you saxon,

We are super excited. I have an AWESOME wife who is supportive of my addiction. This is my outlet, keeps me stress free and a much happier person. She loves going out on the boat as well, but is not into the sports aspect. She enjoys the cruising, and peacefulness of the lake.

It has been a very good year for 24 MXZ sales, i realized this morning they are "flying" off the shelves. The next couple days are going to be tough... Anxious is not even close to accurate.

On the books for Friday delivery, turned in the '14 on Saturday. She goes to her new home on Thursday, (Las Vegas) with new owner taking delivery on Saturday.

post-24799-0-67133000-1437503345_thumb.j

• Like 2

Those factory wheels look kinda silly on there. I know the guys at boulder are already working on prepping it. They have been kind enough to store the wheels i bought for it and will swap them for me. My maps SD card was delivered today, so i will drop that by on my way home. I don't know if it's good or bad that they are right on my way between work and home.