Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Surf Boat Any of the Top Brands, Which One to Choose?

JB-FOOT

its soooo hard to tell from stills IMHO. I was just looking through mine and same wave same day shot from the boat and there are a couple with my wife where it looks nearly shoulder high on her.

Video is a lot easier to get a feel for IMHO.

But of course is still dependent on rider size and weight. I'm sure the same wave would look very different, whether stills or video, with DocPhil on it vs with Tallredrider.

TRR and myself should ride together on a wave. That would be epic

Especially if you were on a long board and he was on a skim.... you could surf doubles with you at the front of the wave and him at teh back and see if you could get yourselves to look the same size.

That dude with the helmet air drumming is just too much.

I call delta bravo

Sorry to get the thread off topic LBJ....nice wave brotha!

Edited by DocPhil

JB - The X23 and G are both great boats for surfing. If your friends have the means I don't think they could go wrong with either. The rest of the boats on the list do not compare to the stated requirements and are a step down in fit and finish. I think the G is going to be more versatile wake wise while the X23 is more surf specific and will ride better is rough water.

Interior. Hard to compete with MC in quality. I know the G is nice as well, but it does have a harder look to it. All of that is taste anyway.

maybe MC didn't send the official owners goggles with my x2. I don't feel they are any better or worse than malibu quality. Cleaner from the factory, yes. But better...about the same to me. Both good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Lance's goofy wave looks perfect to me. Clean as a whistle, perfect shape! I want that wave with my surfgate!

Edited by surfdude
  • Like 1

It looks less vert than the regular side?

the wave always is a little better on the goofy side, that said when I had it I never really worked that hard on perfecting the regular side.

For sure. And even with video, you kinda gotta know what you're looking at........as far as how the board reacts to what the rider is doing.....and what THAT, in turn, says about the wave.

If you ever saw the vid of just my wife riding you'd think our wave had a 4' long pocket. She will not ride at teh back of the pocket ever under any circumstances. I've given up trying to explain....

Surf dude there is a 2011 247 in Sacramento for $70k with LSA. Should be unstoppable.

Looks like a creamsicle

The interior is nice though

I was looking at that boat a little more closely... it's missing bow ballast. Seems like an odd choice. Deal breaker...?

vp4207060_11_large.jpg