Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bring Tapatalk back!

WaBackcountry

I still prefer way Tap Talk worked on the phone compared to the mobile version.

• Tap Talk is easier to view unread topics, show some of the last post so that you know if you want to read the topic. i.e if you see ( ^^^ what he said) you can mark as read
  • Tap Talk is easier to mark individual post read without reading them. Cant see this function on mobile site.
  • Marking all topics as read is easier on Tap Talk. One icon and back to unread versus two or three (I know not a biggy but annoying)
  • Liking topics is easier on Tap Talk than on the phone version

The tablet version works better than the phone more like the website.

Oh and I still have the Malibu Crew on Tap Talk waiting in vain for it to magically spring back to life (Sighhhh)

• Like 2

What do you guys not like about the mobile site? It is basically the same, sure the colors are different, but you can still get to your messages, unread threads, and all of the forums just as you could with tap talk? Plus I haven't had it crash or do something stupid in the past few weeks of using it...

And WG said they were launching updates to change the mobile site.

I'm a duck in duck out forum user. Taptalk is just easier for checking out new unread posts, threads I've participated in and pm's. Text was easier to read as well. I'm definitely on the forum less now that tt is gone and am spending more time on the axis forum.

• Like 2

We don't. Bring tap talk back.

That was what I really enjoyed about the app. Maybe with this new more robust TMC coming, we will have some kind of function like on Facebook.

Edited by Afun

Now that taptalk is gone....how do we know when someone quotes one of our posts?

Go into your setting on the forum check the following item.

Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)

• Like 2

Thanks....it wasn't checked

Only thing I'll honestly miss is never having to log in. Logged in today for the firs time in a year, felt like rewinding a VHS tape.

How do you know your password?

Do you use a password vault app? if so, which one? Free or paid?

It's been weeks since I visited this thread. Come back today to catch up and I find lots of users just now feeling the affects of no Tapatalk policy. Guess I wasn't the only one afterall. <--- I'd insert a "winky" face here, but I'm on the mobile site so I cant.

I called it weeks ago... here's the list of features we've lost:

* Pages seem to load a bit slower

* No notifications sent to my phone for liked or quoted posts or even PM's.

* Doesn't display who or how many people have liked a post

* No like button for when I want to like another's post.

*Can't go from the last page of a thread to the first page (or any page for that matter) with just one click... have to press "previous" button repeatedly.

* Don't see how to quote multiple posts in one reply.

* No emoticons :-(

* And the biggest missing feature... now I can't have all forums consolidated in one app giving them all the same navigation, look, and feel.

• Like 2

It's been weeks since I visited this thread. Come back today to catch up and I find lots of users just now feeling the affects of no Tapatalk policy. Guess I wasn't the only one afterall. <--- I'd insert a "winky" face here, but I'm on the mobile site so I cant.

I called it weeks ago... here's the list of features we've lost:

* Pages seem to load a bit slower

* No notifications sent to my phone for liked or quoted posts or even PM's.

* Doesn't display who or how many people have liked a post

* No like button for when I want to like another's post.

*Can't go from the last page of a thread to the first page (or any page for that matter) with just one click... have to press "previous" button repeatedly.

* Don't see how to quote multiple posts in one reply.

* No emoticons :-(

* And the biggest missing feature... now I can't have all forums consolidated in one app giving them all the same navigation, look, and feel.

I agree completely except for the like button. You hit the check mark in the upper right hand corner of someone's post to like it.

• Like 2

I agree completely except for the like button. You hit the check mark in the upper right hand corner of someone's post to like it.

Did that work? I just tried to like your post with the check mark. My browser had to churn for a bit and completely reload the page, then an X appeared in place of the check.

I can't see if the "like" went through.

As my kids would say, "This is some stone-aged shiznit!"

Did that work? I just tried to like your post with the check mark. My browser had to churn for a bit and completely reload the page, then an X appeared in place of the check.

I can't see if the "like" went through.

As my kids would say, "This is some stone-aged shiznit!"

Yup it worked, mine does the same thing. Completely reloads the page to show an x where the check mark was.

Edit: Ixfe got his like game back!

Edited by Pnwrider
  • Like 2

Yup it worked, mine does the same thing. Completely reloads the page to show an x where the check mark was.

Edit: Ixfe got his like game back!

Sorry it took me so long to reply, PNW... you see, I don't get notifications anymore. :whistle:

• Like 2

Sorry it took me so long to reply, PNW... you see, I don't get notifications anymore. :whistle:

I started a thread about this weekes ago and some jackwagon threw me to the fishes. I said it then and say it now. Tapatalk is a superior platform for most users. Hopefully time and money will allow them to bring it back someday.

Totally agree with WaBackcountry.........I check this site every couple of weeks now instead of multiple times a day...

Times change I guess!!!!

I started a thread about this weekes ago and some jackwagon threw me to the fishes. I said it then and say it now. Tapatalk is a superior platform for most users. Hopefully time and money will allow them to bring it back someday.

That's because if you like Tapatalk and/or complain in any way you are an ungrateful freeloader!!

Hahaha... just look at the abuse I took earlier in this thread, all from dudes who've never used Tapatalk.

• Like 3

That was what I really enjoyed about the app. Maybe with this new more robust TMC coming, we will have some kind of function like on Facebook.

Im with you AFUN..... just saw this almost a month later ......this is painful.......Thanks for the fix guys

• 10 months later...

Everyone can hate all they want but tapatalk makes it so much easier to organize your forums especially if you are on multiple forums like most auto, marine, enthuthiasts are. It also made it way easier to upload pictures and media. I really hope they bring it back to tapa talk. I use TMC much less now without it 

• Like 3
On 5/18/2016 at 9:55 AM, SnubNose said:

Everyone can hate all they want but tapatalk makes it so much easier to organize your forums especially if you are on multiple forums like most auto, marine, enthuthiasts are. It also made it way easier to upload pictures and media. I really hope they bring it back to tapa talk. I use TMC much less now without it 

I agree SnubNose, I use the site a lot less now too ... curiously there is another current thread asking why the site seems dead...? Maybe not simply a co-incidence....