Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Wakesetter 23 LSV vs 2007 Wakesetter 247?

TexasAg98

Well, it looks like the hunt continues. Just heard back from the broker, and my offer was not accepted by the owner and no counter either. Apparently the owner has become firm on his price, and it is more that I am willing to pay for it. I believe the asking price is a little high, and this is somewhat confirmed by the fact that the boat has been for sale for at least 6 - 8 months.

Oh well, at least now I know more now than I did before this weekend.

Thanks everyone for all the information and help.

I am sure I will post more questions when I find the next one to go look at.

Not popyachts. Maybe I'm wrong about the value. Let me know what yall think.

2007 Wake Setter 247 with hammerhead engine. About 400 hours. Two hairline cracks in gel coat, two of the tower speakers don't work, will have to buy a new cover for it, and the sundeck has some discoloration to it. Rest of interior is in pretty good shape.

He is asking 50,000. I offered 44,000 which was rejected and told he was standing firm at 50,000. I thought 44 was a strong offer but maybe I'm wrong??

2007 Wake Setter 247 with hammerhead engine. About 400 hours. Two hairline cracks in gel coat, two of the tower speakers don't work, will have to buy a new cover for it, and the sundeck has some discoloration to it. Rest of interior is in pretty good shape.

He is asking 50,000. I offered 44,000 which was rejected and told he was standing firm at 50,000. I thought 44 was a strong offer but maybe I'm wrong??

yeah you're wrong. If it's in great shape then 50k is certainly a fair price.

Hmmm.... price is such a local thing.

Boat pricing is cyclical and the boat is at max value for the next month or so (before 7/4). It definitely isn't worth $50K in January.

They can be had for cheaper. If it is fully optioned and in near perfect shape maybe pay close to 50. You get what you pay for though and one for 40k will likely be in worse shape and have worse options/ colors. Surely they can move some on the price though try to get them at least to come to 48. Let them know you are serious about it.

They can be had for cheaper. If it is fully optioned and in near perfect shape maybe pay close to 50. You get what you pay for though and one for 40k will likely be in worse shape and have worse options/ colors. Surely they can move some on the price though try to get them at least to come to 48. Let them know you are serious about it.

Here is my experience this spring. I had my 2006 for sale all winter in a sort of obscure location that would require at least 4-6 hours driving from any real metropolitan area (frankly, I find it sort of weird that Las Vegas Nevada doesn't have a bigger boating scene). My boat had plumbed in surf sack and 428 hours on it. Killer stereo and was in excellent condition with Hammerhead engine. I was asking high 40's for it. I also had it on craigslist, Onlyinboards, and boattrader. I heard pretty much nothing but crickets all winter except jerk lowballers hoping I was in the middle of bad divorce. Finally in March, some phone calls started to come in. First guy that made the effort to come see it, drove it home for $46,500. I am sure that had I waited until late April or May, I could have gotten more. But my new boat arrived and I really did not want to have to store any boat outside, that's just how I treat my boats, so I let her go. I think the 2007 you describe should be good for 48-50K right now. I would consider 44K a weak offer. With new ones pushing 115K, it is just what the market seems to be bearing at this time.

Some people just don't feel right unless they jack you down on price. I have seen where the guy could be asking 35K for the same boat and the buyer would not be happy unless they talk them down to 30K. My advice would be to not be that guy. Do your research on what a fair price is, (which you are obviously doing here), and make that offer.

This is just based on one man's experience, so take it FWIW. Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. It looks like my ignorance on the values of these boats cost me. Someone bought it yesterday for full asking. Live and learn.

I am going to look at a 2008 247 LSV with the Hammerhead engine tomorrow morning. Hoping it is in as good of shape as it looks in the pictures.

yeah you're wrong. If it's in great shape then 50k is certainly a fair price.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. It looks like my ignorance on the values of these boats cost me. Someone bought it yesterday for full asking. Live and learn.

I am going to look at a 2008 247 LSV with the Hammerhead engine tomorrow morning. Hoping it is in as good of shape as it looks in the pictures.

:whistle:

Edited by Ndawg12

Well... I went and looked at a 2008 247 LSV yesterday, and I am now a Malibu owner! :yahoo:

I am going to start a new topic and will put a couple pics in there. Thank you everyone for all the advice and information that was provided in this topic.

Thanks again! This place is awesome.

• Like 2

Well... I went and looked at a 2008 247 LSV yesterday, and I am now a Malibu owner! :yahoo:

I am going to start a new topic and will put a couple pics in there. Thank you everyone for all the advice and information that was provided in this topic.

Thanks again! This place is awesome.

no....no...no you're not, you're missing something :whistle: