Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Recommendations

Mechmaster

I ordered the Malibu strapless cover from my dealer two weeks ago. As soon as it arrives, I'll post some pictures.

Strapless Cover

A cover arrived at Casa de Thumbs this afternoon. Unfortunately, they shipped the wrong cover (Response/Response LX). Hopefully, they can get the correct one to me early next week as we are headed to Table Rock Lake late next week.

This cover has been worth the effort. Our roads often have pot holes and loose gravel that are potential dings. The cover has zip-off panels on each side so that I can use the cover if the boat is moored overnight. The rest of the time, the panels deflect stones and anything else that the Chevy might flick up.

IMG_2451resized.jpg

No need for ugly frames as the cover pulls as tight as a drum at the back so that water just runs off.

Edited by andyb

andyb has one of the trickest covers I've seen but I'll bet it was pricey.

As far as an alternative to Rankin or Covercrafts I like the CS cover the best for towing. Just make sure it doesn't have the cleat cut-outs in it. I tow about 5 times a week and the CS cover is by far the easiest to use and the most secure for towing. Covercrafts is the best looking and best made though.

I'm "cover poor" now since I went out and got one of each of the major cover makers to see which I liked best. I like each of them for different reasons.

Hopefully I'll have the boat long enough to need all the covers. Most of my old covers lasted about 5 years. That means I need to keep my boat for 25 years to use all these covers Crazy.gif

Edited by sgtsandbagger