Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Out with the old, in with the new (Tundra...not F150)

jtrovato

Very nice truck! I really like those things as well. They're extremely well built, too. Can't go wrong with one........yes.....all this coming from an F150 fan boy.......and I manage the Toyota account at work.....odd.

I'll turn 200k on my 07, most likely next month.

Edit:

I really like the crew cab that the OP just bought, I just wish they could make it with a six foot bed.

That's a lot of miles! I just turned 44k on my 2010 (bought new December 2009)

If you haven't already towed with it, once you hit the tow/haul button it's game on! On my '10 GMC it would change the shift points, on the Tundra it also changes the accelerator sensitivity. I literally about yanked the trailer out front under the boat cause I laid into it like I used to do in the GMC. My wife freaked out and then started laughing her head off at my psycho driving.

• Like 1

I've towed a loaded car hauler trailer weighing 9000lbs and 1200 lbs in the bed 13hrs from San Antonio to KC once. Tundra's are tow beasts!

Rz, I've notice no difference in starts with the tow haul.... Just allows taller gears, higher RPMs, before it shifts up to the next gear when accelerating.

I don't even use it... It burns more gas because at 65-70 it'll keep it in an 6mpg gear vs allowing an up shift to an 8-9mpg gear.

Edited by nyryan2001

Rz, I've notice no difference in starts with the tow haul.... Just allows taller gears, higher RPMs, before it shifts up to the next gear when accelerating.

I don't even use it... It burns more gas because at 65-70 it'll keep it in an 6mpg gear vs allowing an up shift to an 8-9mpg gear.

I've noticed the same, no difference in throttle sensitivity, but this is all with my old 2010, haven't tried tow/haul on the 2015 yet.

I will say this though, the 2015 has something changed with the throttle sensitivity from my 2010. The old one was really peppy and sensitive from a stop. On the new one, the power delivery seems much more smooth, and almost not as fast off the line, unless you really put your foot down. Definitely taking some getting used to, need to push harder to accelerate faster from a stop.

Well it sounds like I need to play with the tow haul mode on the new one. From that thread it looks like the new 14-15s might be different than the older ones.

Nice purchase! Was it not available to get the color matched grille and bumper factory? I looked at the tundra myself but as many miles as I drive the fuel economy turned me away.

Because God knows, saving that extra $2.21 per tank is going to really help out come tax day......

Edited by saidainc

Played around with the tow haul mode today....definitely adjusts the throttle sensitivity in the 14-15s. It makes it seem like my old '10 did with the peppy throttle off the line. Also got the TRD exhaust installed on Friday so driving in tow haul when it holds the gears longer makes me smile.

• Like 1

TRD Dual exhaust is just about the baddest a** sounding exhaust there is. bravo!

I absolutely love it. Not good for my gas mileage, but then again, you don't buy a Tundra if you're concerned about MPG!

I bought a '14 Tundra CrewMax Platinum last year. I compared to an FX4. The Ford was 8K higher with less towing capacity and no useful features at the margin.

Nice truck, smart buy.

• Like 1