Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Well . . . . F150 it is then

DAI

I have husky liners in my 14 f150. Chose them because of the additional coverage vs oem rubber mats. They have little plastic tacks on the bottom so they don't slide around. Love them.

I have husky liners in my 14 f150. Chose them because of the additional coverage vs oem rubber mats. They have little plastic tacks on the bottom so they don't slide around. Love them.

Do they feel like thick flexible rubber (like the oem) or a plastic try?

I had Husky liners on my old truck (03 Ram) and the Grand Cherokee that I just sold. They held up well. I would say they are more like a plastic tray than flexible rubber. But plastic tray isn't 100% accurate either.

Anyway, I will likely get another set to put into my new to me Burb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had Husky liners on my old truck (03 Ram) and the Grand Cherokee that I just sold. They held up well. I would say they are more like a plastic tray than flexible rubber. But plastic tray isn't 100% accurate either.

Anyway, I will likely get another set to put into my new to me Burb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you remember which type you had?

Do they feel like thick flexible rubber (like the oem) or a plastic try?

I've sold both Weathertech and Huskyliners over the years.

We'd been going through Weathertech like crazy because why fight it? That's what people were asking for. I brought in some new Husky liners and actually liked them better. IIRC it was IXFE that mentioned how much he liked them. We used to sell them years ago and they were much like the WT material, but now that has changed.

--Softer more pliable material with a bit more weight to it. Less likely to curl an edge without laying back down flat.

--Have a small containment ridge built in near the outside edge. In my Tahoe with WTs, the water runs onto my door sill because they are flat all the way out. But then the water sits there to be wicked up by the carpet on the bottom of the door panel. Have a salt line about 4" up on the door if I don't clean it regularly.

--My WTs have curled an edge and I've had to heat them up to get rid of it.

Both web sites will show pictures of the exact product for your truck once you use the fit guide. You can see pricing and coverages there.

Edited by jk13

We'd been going through Weathertech like crazy because why fight it? That's what people were asking for. I brought in some new Husky liners and actually liked them better. IIRC it was IXFE that mentioned how much he liked them. We used to sell them years ago and they were much like the WT material, but now that has changed.

--Softer more pliable material with a bit more weight to it. Less likely to curl an edge without laying back down flat.

--Have a small containment ridge built in near the outside edge. In my Tahoe with WTs, the water runs onto my door sill because they are flat all the way out. But then the water sits there to be wicked up by the carpet on the bottom of the door panel. Have a salt line about 4" up on the door if I don't clean it regularly.

Both web sites will show pictures of the exact product for your truck once you use the fit guide. You can see pricing and coverages there.

Guess I'm going to have to order the X-act Contour to see if I like them.

I said I liked OEM. I'm been pretty vocal about it cuz I hate WT, both the product and the company that doesn't stand behind the product. I have never tried Husky. Can't comment on them. But in general, if the product is a hard plastic liner, I ain't interested regardless of the coverage.

Am I the only one walking away from this thinking BIG DEAL?

In the old days my dad and I would fill a utility trailer with oak, with no trailer brakes, tow it home behind a '73 Datsun pick up. With a BUMPER hitch.

But to suggest that almost every person on this forum except ski boat owners needs to go out and buy a 3/4 ton is ridiculous.

Go ahead preach to me about insurance......

Lance, I really want to believe it's not a big deal either. And my gut tells me you're right on this. Like I said, my 1/2 tons have all towed the various boats I've owned really well, and we tow some pretty difficult routs...

IDK... maybe I'm paying too much attention to the fear mongering. It is hard to ignore once you dig in and see all the fine print.

I certainly ain't itching to buy a new truck though... 30k on the Ecoboost now and loving it more than the day I bought it. For guys who know my history on car A.D.D. that's saying something.

I said I liked OEM. I'm been pretty vocal about it cuz I hate WT, both the product and the company that doesn't stand behind the product. I have never tried Husky. Can't comment on them. But in general, if the product is a hard plastic liner, I ain't interested regardless of the coverage.

Apologies for the misquote. Must be Monday morning after a long weekend. I remembered you being vocal in WakingMeHappy's thread.

FWIW the new Huskys are much more soft and pliable than the WT and Huskys of the past. More like rubber than plastic. But nothing wrong with OEM.

Fully agree, just trying to have the oem style with coverage.

Guys, I hate the hitch and tow ratings like everyone else.

I just work my ars off for the last 20yrs to get where I am at... And have some fun... And not trying to get caught up as a litigation target.... I dont have the best luck. Especially when the fix to avoid ALL the drama is a $500 WDH (albeit a PITA) or a suitable 3/4ton which can be had as cheap as $35k gasser for a CrewCab, PW, PL, 4x4 and a few options or $40k for diesel.

Dos Equis Man would say: Choose wisely my friends.

• Like 2

Haha good... If it were the new XD you might be good. I'm waiting for their detailed tow specs. You are pretty close, your 23 is likely 6500ish Max on the trailer. It's not like you have a 24mxz with 1500lbs in stereo and lead, 3k+ over your hitch limit.

I have recently went down the weight limit rabbit hole. Looking at every single piece i could think of. Starting with the truck, then the hitch, then the reciever, then the ball itself. I then moved to the trailer, tongue capacity and tongue weight, then onto the axles and tires.

I have mixed emotions. First the tow rating has significant safety factor added in. So the 6000 Lbs rating or whatever it is likely 50~60% of actual capability.

However, knowing the society we live in is incredibly sue happy, and the guy towing the $100,000+ boat makes an excellent target. I get real skittish....

I am an engineer not an attorney, but i suspect if i were ever in an accident, and i was towing significantly OVER my rated capacity, i would suspect i am opening myself up to liability. Especially if i was doing this knowingly, that to me could be considered negligence.

Do i personally think a 1/2 ton truck is capable, absolutely beyond the shadow of a doubt. Do i personally tow with one, absolutely not. I am on the overkill side, i am fortunate that my tow vehicle is not a DD so when i bought a tow vehicle, i bought a beast.

Now here it's what i found on the trailer side... fyi

24 MXZ boatmate tandem axle

Trailer GVWR 6940, max load 5640, so trailer weighs 1300 pounds by itself. Trailer has tongue weight capacity of 7500 pounds, or tongue weight of 750.

Axle limitation is 3480, thus yielding the 6940 total weight. Tires have a weight capacity of 1920 each so 7680 total for tire capacity, ironically the sports car tires are the highest capacity rating on the trailer.

So if you have 7500 pound capacity on your vehicle. The trailer is your weakest link. I am going to assume all other Malibu tandem trailers have equal or lesser rating than the 24 MXZ trailer, as it is currently Malibu's heaviest boat. (Though not by much)

Oh don't get all cocky Mr. F250. Lol

Many of the 2014+ F250s can only regular weight carry tow in the 5-7800lb range as crazy as that sounds.... Even though they have 15k+ limits for 5th wheel and WDH tows. Many of these new F250s have 5k limit stickers on the under side of their hitches.

With that being said, my next truck will likely be an F250.

Edited by nyryan2001

Many of the 2014+ F250s can only regular weight carry tow in the 5-7800lb range as crazy as that sounds.... Even though they have 15k+ limits for 5th wheel and WDH tows. Many of these new F250s have 5k limit stickers on the under side of their hitches.

Better be diesel or you still won't meet the 'recommendation'. Bottom of page 3.

www.ford.com/resources/ford/.../towingguides/14_superdutypu_sep11.pdf

Guess I'll worry about what the next one is after I wear the current one out. Plan on getting my moneys worth out of the powertrain warranty that they were giving away in 2009 when Dodge was in bankruptcy.

Edited by oldjeep

Don't worry yourself. That was a joke. I drive a litigation waiting to happen f150 everyday for my job as a painting contractor. Pull a trailer with it everyday too. Fortunately it is under the magic number.

DAI, I've had husky, weather tech, niftys, and I'm sure some others I've forgotten.

I run the weather techs only now in my truck (F-150 FX2 and also in my wife's new 2015 Grand Cherokee).

Good luck in your decision. Also, if you don't haul too much nasty crap, is highly recommend a bedrug and a Bak Product. I've had their rollbak and flip. The BakFlip G2 is what I currently run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk