Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water still not coming out exhaust on fake a lake!

Update!!!! Was told to take boat to lake and drop in water. And watch temp .. I talked to Seattle boats / bakes marine . Bakes said what kind of fake a lake do you have ? I said I have a $19 from Amazon . He said there's your first problem.. He told me there cheapest fal is $50!! Buy quality!!! I was at work so I had time to talk to other service people . I talked to genral Mngr at Seattle boats in service he was great . told him my situation and he said they usually don't test with fal .they put loads and rev them up like you would under normal conditions .. He also suggested drop in lake. And run . watch temp and feel the raw water pump should be cool to the touch with it running. Well after work went to boat launch and dropped in lake! Bam!!! Engine ran for 10 min at idle and only got to 135 degrees ! Raw water pump cold to touch! Perfect !!! Problem solved !! Wow what an ordeal!! Stressed for 3 days!! About this!! Thanks everyone for their help on this forum! You guys are awesome! All the replys were great . Love this forum!! Wanted to post this for other people that may have issues with fal. You guys were right it would be an impeller problem it it wasn't for the cheap fal . If all else fails take to lake and drop in water. Should of done this right away!! I did everything else right put the fal on the right place . Etc. etc .

Any luck Yukon? It's ok to admit brainfarts.

Consensus is either bad impeller or fakeAlake in wrong place/direction.

If it was FakeAlake issue, impeller may be toast now if it ran without water for several minutes.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

shawndoggy was right.

if you are not running a globe silicone impeller i would recommend that you replace it before it ruins a nice day on the water

the black impellers just don't hold up to having been run dry and will fail at the most in-opportune time.

Update!!!! Was told to take boat to lake and drop in water. And watch temp .. I talked to Seattle boats / bakes marine . Bakes said what kind of fake a lake do you have ? I said I have a $19 from Amazon . He said there's your first problem.. He told me there cheapest fal is $50!! Buy quality!!! I was at work so I had time to talk to other service people . I talked to genral Mngr at Seattle boats in service he was great . told him my situation and he said they usually don't test with fal .they put loads and rev them up like you would under normal conditions .. He also suggested drop in lake. And run . watch temp and feel the raw water pump should be cool to the touch with it running. Well after work went to boat launch and dropped in lake! Bam!!! Engine ran for 10 min at idle and only got to 135 degrees ! Raw water pump cold to touch! Perfect !!! Problem solved !! Wow what an ordeal!! Stressed for 3 days!! About this!! Thanks everyone for their help on this forum! You guys are awesome! All the replys were great . Love this forum!! Wanted to post this for other people that may have issues with fal. You guys were right it would be an impeller problem it it wasn't for the cheap fal . If all else fails take to lake and drop in water. Should of done this right away!! I did everything else right put the fal on the right place . Etc. etc .

Not saying you shouldn't buy quality but I have a fake-a-lake that I made with a toilet plunger and a hose fitting...cost me like 5 bucks and has always worked fine.

I am glad your boat is ok though...I know that stuff can be stressful !

Not saying you shouldn't buy quality but I have a fake-a-lake that I made with a toilet plunger and a hose fitting...cost me like 5 bucks and has always worked fine.

I am glad your boat is ok though...I know that stuff can be stressful !

Fake a lakes work but they take some careful set up. I'd also not recommend jumping up and down inside your boat when it does fire up and spit water. You might just end up knocking off the FAL.

Nothing beats a true water test!

Edited by saxton15
  • 6 years later...

I have a fake lake and just had my 2007 Wakesetter serviced.

The fake lake hole was too small to prime the intake hose.

I took the hose off and put the water hose (one that had a snug fit) up the intake hose just above the intake and primed the system. 

It now works.