Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Houseboating in the Delta

obski

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• stewart

• SacRiverRat

• Birm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_0887.jpg

The sunsets were incredible every night,

although it seemed to be the signal for the mosquitos to swarm for about half an hour.

The poor kids were pretty tasty I guess.

IMG_1127.jpg

We had a spectacular moon every night too.

We watched Bruce Almighty one night and we kept thinking of

Bruce lassooing the moon every time this big beauty came up

and all of the tidal changes.

Edited by obski

Please don't post pictures like that.......

Remember, the Delta is a cess pool. The water is really toxic. You should consult a physician before you enter the water there. :)

Uh.. :unsure: yea... that isn't the calif delta.. those pics must have been from someplace else..

Stay away from the calf delta - it is always blow out, and you can't help but ride into the rocks! Whistling.gif

Remember, the Delta is a cess pool. The water is really toxic. You should consult a physician before you enter the water there. :)

And you should DEFINITELY consult a physician AFTER you enter the water there.

And you should DEFINITELY consult a physician AFTER you enter the water there.

I checked with myself and I said to go for it. Biggrin.gif

The amount of green algae in the water reminded me of Lake Billy Chinook. The floating lilly pads were a challange at times. I ran into some on a slalom run and they sent me flipping forward.

One funny story about them. When we first arrived the marina didn't really give us much direction. They basically just gave us the keys and a map and said to go for it. None of us had ever had to deal with anchors and tides and currents with houseboats, although we have had quite a bit of experience with houseboats. When we found a spot to set up we pulled into the wind and heaved an anchor overboard. Unfortunately, my friend threw the anchor into the lilly pads thinking that it would just go right through them to the bottom. Next thing we know a part of the pad detaches and starts to float towards us with the anchor caught somewhere in them. We finally got the anchor freed and then got it properly set. They ended up holding all week long. We learned a lot about houseboating in the Delta. It's not Shasta - and that's a good thing.