Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Side by side comparison of boat detailing products… ?

ibelonginprison

How do you know when the sealant and wax are no longer working/present?

I know on my vehicles they lose their ability to shed/bead water. They seem to get dirtier quicker and become harder to clean.

Same. I can tell by looking at the hood of my car. If the water isn't beading at roughly the size of a quarter or larger, time to re-apply. I usually give my cars a wash/quick wax once every two weeks. Depends on how many birds decided to take a dump on my roof.

The Hot Sauce definitely feels like its cutting through each time, yet it leaves a great shine.

I've used only this for a couple seasons now. Our water can leave some nasty water deposits in the gel. I've noticed it removes them quite well but won't remove the stubborn ones on the stainless trim. Every now and then I will rub down the rubrail, etc with some Wenol metal polish and it will bounce right back.

I used the Meguiar's marine metal polish this past weekend on my racks. I will say they are shining, but I can still see some hard water spots on them. They just don't look clean. I even put the drill polisher to them to get the spots off and no luck. Suggestions on this?

The tower is getting the works this coming weekend....

As for the Hot Sauce, I didn't give the boat a once over before I covered it for the week. My boat sits in the water, so I'll see how well the Hot Sauce responds to it.

depending on how bad they are - either polish/rouge and a buffing wheel (this usually takes care of most) OR wetsand with fine grit 1500-2000 and THEN polish/rouge and a buffing wheel.

While I am a huge fan of the hot sauce and vinyl sauce, I tried the condition sauce this weekend for the first time and while it worked well, It reminds me of the slick armor all feel. I HATE ARMOR ALL. It works but I don't like the feel on my feet/hands. That's what the condition sauce reminds me of. I will continue to use the hot sauce and vinyl sauce for cleaning, but I need to find a different conditioner. Anyone have good luck without the slick feel. I almost busted my a$$ Sunday after using the condition sauce.

Really? I found the opposite. I let it sink in before wiping it off and I don't have that residue Armor All feel. This was my main concern, especially on the sunpad since we often raft up and have people walking from boat to boat.

Really? I found the opposite. I let it sink in before wiping it off and I don't have that residue Armor All feel. This was my main concern, especially on the sunpad since we often raft up and have people walking from boat to boat.

Maybe ill give it another go and let it soak in. I pretty much sprayed and wiped. I started in the front and purposely didn't do the sunpad because of how slick the front was.

Edited by ac88926