Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

I'm curious as well about the upcoming updates. If they add more subfloor ballast, I will probably upgrade this year.

Edited by OxDoc

I was reading Malibu's quarterly report and it says "We plan to continue to bring to market four new or remodeled boats and several never before seen features in the 2016 model year". Very interesting indeed.

I was reading Malibu's quarterly report and it says " We plan to continue to bring to market four new or remodeled boats and several never before seen features in the 2016 model year". Very interesting indeed.

Yes, they did say that. They also said that because now they had a full line up of Axis boats, the focus would shift back to Malibu... 3 of the 4 will be Malibus with 2 going into production next month.

My guess is the following:

• A20 redesign
  • VTX redesign
  • 247 redesign
  • ?????

Maybe the 4th boat is the so called G Killer. These never seen before innovations also have me a bit intrigued. I almost bought a new boat last year, but I had a feeling that something big was just around the corner. Time will tell.

Maybe the 4th boat is the so called G Killer. These never seen before innovations also have me a bit intrigued. I almost bought a new boat last year, but I had a feeling that something big was just around the corner. Time will tell.

Something big will always be around the corner. If not, their sales volume drops in half.

• Like 2

Something big will always be around the corner. If not, their sales volume drops in half.

I agree, but I keep thinking about all that extra freeboard and can't help but think that more ballast is on the way. I may be completely wrong. It wouldn't be the first time :)

Everyone compares tho G, but 23LSV kills then in sales, so i would argue Malibu got it right. Make no mistake i think the G is awesome, but i still prefer the BU.

• Like 3

Everyone compares tho G, but 23LSV kills then in sales, so i would argue Malibu got it right. Make no mistake i think the G is awesome, but i still prefer the BU.

I couldn't agree more. To me the Bu is a much better looking boat, at a much better price. I'm pretty terrible at wakeboarding and surfing (still love them both), so looks and comfort are huge to me and my family. The only thing I like about the G is all the subfloor ballast.

I think Malibus are much more bang for the buck, that's why I own bu's.

The G makes a great pro level wake, 99%of Malibu customers are not riding at that level nor do they need a pro level wake.

Malibu is not going after the G. My opinion, their sales and market share says they do not have to.

But that new 247 will have a lot more freeboard and up the ante for Malibu subfloor ballast.

I'm more interested in this feature they said the industry has never seen before.

I agree that Malibu does not have to build the G killer boat as sales are up and they sell more boats than the other guys. But I do think there's enough interest in subfloor ballast plus greater storage so why not make the G killer boat. It will draw attention to Malibu and they can market themselves as being innovative. It's a win win.

Time will tell but I say they build it

I agree that Malibu does not have to build the G killer boat as sales are up and they sell more boats than the other guys. But I do think there's enough interest in subfloor ballast plus greater storage so why not make the G killer boat. It will draw attention to Malibu and they can market themselves as being innovative. It's a win win.

Time will tell but I say they build it

I bet it is already built. Just waiting to be released.

Not my cup o tea (similar to the G and the X23) but it will be a hit