Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Sport knob is a big disappointment, imho.

really? I use the knob for speed contrl and surfgate transfers. I don't even tell people pulling me to use the screen, just use the analog, easier to the touch than trying o find it on the screen. Although I don't have stereo functions, I still like the analog

Sport knob is a big disappointment, imho.

I like it, whoopie if it takes a couple seconds to change volume, surf switch, speed control and wedge adjustment nice.

Ps the push to mute a nice function.

Edited by catalac

really? I use the knob for speed contrl and surfgate transfers. I don't even tell people pulling me to use the screen, just use the analog, easier to the touch than trying o find it on the screen. Although I don't have stereo functions, I still like the analog

There's nothing "analog" about the knob. It's digital masquerading as analog. That's why there's so much latency when you turn up/down the volume. Each click you feel is no different than repeatedly pushing a digital volume button on a touch screen. It's agravating, especially considering how there's ZERO latency on any of the touch screen controls.

Other issue with the knob is that it doesn't change tracks in every mode, only some. Also, push to mute is cool, but half the time I push it and get nothing. You gotta push it hard.

As for the non-stereo controls (speed, surfgate, and wedge), it works okay but why do I need duplicate controls to what's so easy to use (and see) on the screen? The value of the new dash is having EVERYTHING in one place, and being able to see immediate feedback that your command was received.

Maybe get the knob checked out. There was a tiny bit of latency in the volume control, but it was more with the screen than the actual volume. Meaning the volume actually went up, but the screen was delayed in showing the volume number. All the other functions were instant. (i just got out of a 22VLX to test it)

Edited by wakebrdr94

Scrolling through instagram this morning, and a picture of a bow grip blocking what appears to be a new boat from the user "Marorad". The caption is "Can't show you what's behind the sign yet, but after 4 months of design and hard work, we finally get to surf behind this beast". You can see a shadow of the boat in the picture and it is a picklefork without a doubt.

Edited by saxton15

Scrolling through instagram this morning, and a picture of a bow grip blocking what appears to be a new boat from the user "Marorad". The caption is "Can't show you what's behind the sign yet, but after 4 months of design and hard work, we finally get to surf behind this beast". You can see a shadow of the boat in the picture and it is a picklefork without a doubt.

yeah looks like you're right ... seems likely it's a fresh new MXZ

Edited by boardjnky4

I remember when this thread started people saying it was a 23mxz and everyone said no way. Interesting picture to say the least

They have traditional bow 20,22,23,25. I think it's reasonable to assume they might go with the same size lineup in the next gen MXZ boats.

Edited by boardjnky4

Jnky I think you are bang on. Line up both model ranges to have identical sizes. Take the MXZ line and beef them right up as their surf line. If I was in the market for a 2016 I'd be holding the pause button until this new boat is unveiled. That same instagram account has a picture of him surfing with the comment as "chest high wave".

Edited by saxton15
ahopkins22LSV

I remember when this thread started people saying it was a 23mxz and everyone said no way. Interesting picture to say the least

I believe people were saying probably not because some of the claims of there being a 23 MXZ were based off of wakemakers having it on their boat list like a year ago. IDK maybe they had inside info but I doubt it.