Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Bet it doesn't need bow weight either!

Since the length of the drivetrain stays the same, if you think about it, the longer the boat, the more it weighs "up front." You also have a longer lever, so a pound in the bow of the 25 is "worth" relatively more than a pound in the bow of a vtx.

• Like 3

Since the length of the drivetrain stays the same, if you think about it, the longer the boat, the more it weighs "up front." You also have a longer lever, so a pound in the bow of the 25 is "worth" relatively more than a pound in the bow of a vtx.

It's getting thick in here

1)best surf wave on the market

2)better wakeboard wake than a G

3)doesn't need bow weight

4)less ballast than a G

Come on...who else has their blinders on!?!

I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Have you see the cost of a new Malibu? Its right up there with MC and CC

It's because of the new awesome Vinyl that doesn't get hot invented by NASA Engineers and stitched by the People that make Giorgio Armani suits....I think you need a Malibu now

• Like 2

I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Have you see the cost of a new Malibu? Its right up there with MC and CC

You ain't kiddin! I couldn't believe our quote on a VLX with very few options. I asked my dealer why and standard response of prices go up every year. Apparently Malibu increased 10%+

I can tell you the surf wave on the 25 is good, the wakeboard wake....not so much. Not really impressive even with 15 people in the boat.

Although it is your opinion, Not sure I agree on the wakepoard wake not being all that good. A brand new 25 LSV pulled a local competition that a bunch of pro's rode in last month and they all were commenting on how good the wakeboard wake was. Stephen Pierce, Jeff Lanley, Austin Hair, Jd Webb, Phil Aslinger, Andrew Adkinson ,Dallas Friday ,Tarah Mikacich, Taylor McCollough, to name a few all rode behind it.

So the 25 lsv has the best surf wave and as good a wakeboard wake as the g23 at 25 feet with less ballast??? Ok!

Bet it doesn't need bow weight either!

Oh no I don't know. I said maybe as a hopeful/ benefit of the doubt thing. I've never even seen one in person. Just saying that even if it did out perform the G that it's still not the G killer.

Although it is your opinion, Not sure I agree on the wakepoard wake not being all that good. A brand new 25 LSV pulled a local competition that a bunch of pro's rode in last month and they all were commenting on how good the wakeboard wake was. Stephen Pierce, Jeff Lanley, Austin Hair, Jd Webb, Phil Aslinger, Andrew Adkinson ,Dallas Friday ,Tarah Mikacich, Taylor McCollough, to name a few all rode behind it.

This was just what I saw with the little effort put into getting the boat set up to ride. That day it was all about surfing because that’s the new crazy mostly anyone ever cares about anymore, which is the opposite of me where I wakeboard 98% of the time and wakesurf 2% of the time. I’m sure the wake was great once it was fully loaded up with fat sacs for the pros that day that all those guys rode it at the competition. When I was on it, it was just stock ballast, no wedge and 15 people averaged out to about 150lbs each just kinda scattered around the boat to make the wake even enough. With that combination it was the start of a normal Malibu wake nice long mellow transition and then it seemed like it just cut off and went flat at the top which isn’t what I’ve experienced on the LSV or VLX. No real lip at all to the top of the wake and more of just a sent it long wake. I’m sure loaded up with PNP in the right places and more weight in the front because everyone was in the cabin watching the rider it would have created that lip that was needed. I know a nicely weighted new LSV and VLX will create a great firm lip at the top that won’t fade out when you hit it. I’ve rode a new 23LSV a bunch and the 25LSV was definitely not setup right that day. I’d love to get back on it with some bags and just a couple of people and see what it could do. I’m sure it would be a lot more fun and be the normal Malibu wake that I’m used to.

I'm sure some wedge behind the 25 would make a big difference in the wedge shape. Here's Stephen Pierce behind my boat last month, this shot was taken after he asked for the wedge to be lowered one click.

FB314FAD-BCAF-449E-9AFA-DFEBE8D8AEBF_zps

I'm sure some wedge behind the 25 would make a big difference in the wedge shape. Here's Stephen Pierce behind my boat last month, this shot was taken after he asked for the wedge to be lowered one click.

FB314FAD-BCAF-449E-9AFA-DFEBE8D8AEBF_zps

We all like to think we are super b.a. and boost it hard on the wakeboard but realistically getting air like this ^^^^ is something that less than 1% of wakeboarders EVER do (I am NOT a 1%er). Shoot, I'd bet 90% cannot go wake to wake both ways.

That thar is the difference with surfing.... a much higher percentage of people can do it and once they can ride, I've never seen someone not be able to handle the wave because it's too big (though that can be an issue with newbs).

This was just what I saw with the little effort put into getting the boat set up to ride. That day it was all about surfing because thats the new crazy mostly anyone ever cares about anymore, which is the opposite of me where I wakeboard 98% of the time and wakesurf 2% of the time. Im sure the wake was great once it was fully loaded up with fat sacs for the pros that day that all those guys rode it at the competition. When I was on it, it was just stock ballast, no wedge and 15 people averaged out to about 150lbs each just kinda scattered around the boat to make the wake even enough. With that combination it was the start of a normal Malibu wake nice long mellow transition and then it seemed like it just cut off and went flat at the top which isnt what Ive experienced on the LSV or VLX. No real lip at all to the top of the wake and more of just a sent it long wake. Im sure loaded up with PNP in the right places and more weight in the front because everyone was in the cabin watching the rider it would have created that lip that was needed. I know a nicely weighted new LSV and VLX will create a great firm lip at the top that wont fade out when you hit it. Ive rode a new 23LSV a bunch and the 25LSV was definitely not setup right that day. Id love to get back on it with some bags and just a couple of people and see what it could do. Im sure it would be a lot more fun and be the normal Malibu wake that Im used to.

Not sure why you guys would setup for wakeboarding and forget to drop the wedge.

No wedge = No lip

• Like 2

Not sure why you guys would setup for wakeboarding and forget to drop the wedge.

No wedge = No lip

honestly i dont like the wedge down at all when we wake board. it gives a weird lip that seems to give me a weird pop off the wake. i prefer mls full, and plug and play 800's about half full with a 300-400lbs in bow.