Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Just realized - they already screwed up the VTX dash - carry on. I'm talking about the one in the 2012 that more closely resembles the current TXI dash. <where is that embarrassed smiley)malibu-20-vtx-55093010130348486754675756yes, this looks like it sucks2014Steering.jpg

Yep, agreed. That was the primary reason I ruled out getting a new VTX... And then I fell in love with everything about the new VLX lol

1) Ford engines for Wakesetters

2) bimini that allows the G4 tower to collapse

3) BIG change on the trailer side of things...

4) reconfiguration of the rear sub-floor ballast

Cory, don't get your hopes up on a Bimini that collapses with G4. I'm starting to think they will redesign G4 for a collapsible Bimini. I caved and bought the postage stamp slide on slide off. Don't get me wrong I love my new bu but ball dropped on obviously desired Bimini. I totally agree with internal ballast redesign with a couple thoughts in mind , one more weight, two better placement, three reversible pumps, and four if they choose to follow others with filtration system or equivalent for AIS issues/ check points this must be done. Cheers, Alpen

ahopkins22LSV

Re the VTX being too small that the new dash won't fit, I suspect that is no longer a problem. The 22VLX has an Australian-specific hull mould at exactly 2.5m (to fit in with towing laws) and it has the new dash - the VTX will hopefully be ok now??

Good to hear!

Let's not get crazy now! Mind you the MX series would remain at 20/22/24, traditional bows would be 21/22/23/24. Could work.

If they do redesign the 24LSV, I think it will be massive.

Edited by saxton15

How about these for 2016:

• Hinged seats cushions everywhere
  • Seadeck
  • Adjustable driver's seat height
  • walk though transom without stepping all over seats......like the older VLX models.
  • Full wetsounds option
  • More storage for ballast bags or lead to be hidden
  • Hydraulic steering
  • more factory ballast

Not sure I'd want a full wetsounds option. Every boat that has this option goes with the cheaper 65s and then still way under powers everything. Much cheaper and better to just do one yourself

• Like 1

I love the vagueness of "Something the Marine industry has never seen".

My guess

- You can choose the size of the subfloor ballasts

- Something new which is better than PW and SG

- Bigger VTX with new design, color, etc.

The whole point of the VTX was to appeal to the folks that have 20ft length restrictions and such on private lakes. It was always meant to be a crossover type platform. I don't see how making it longer and fattening her up will achieve anything along those lines. They may as well call it something else and loose the VTX at that point.

Not that we all don't love them, but big boats are the trend and more fitting towards the droves flocking to wakesurfing.

You will see a few new BIG boats in the next year. Fineline has few coming from what I understand also.

Edited by Bawshogg
  • Like 3

The whole point of the VTX was to appeal to the folks that have 20ft length restrictions and such on private lakes. It was always meant to be a crossover type platform. I don't see how making it longer and fattening her up will achieve anything along those lines. They may as well call it something else and loose the VTX at that point.

Not that we all don't love them, but big boats are the trend and more fitting towards the droves flocking to wakesurfing.

You will see a few new BIG boats in the next year. Fineline has few coming from what I understand also.

Exactly! Am not just length restrictions but weight restrictions too. Case in point... Oswego Lake here in Portland has a 3,500lb weight limit. The only v-drive Bu that fits that restriction is a VTX. That lake is surrounded by tons of high-income boaters, a market is don't think Malibu wants to ignore. And I'm sure there are many other similar lakes with this dynamic (rich residents needing to comply with a weight or length restriction).

Making the VTX bigger and fatter makes no business sense to me.

Cory, don't get your hopes up on a Bimini that collapses with G4. I'm starting to think they will redesign G4 for a collapsible Bimini. I caved and bought the postage stamp slide on slide off. Don't get me wrong I love my new bu but ball dropped on obviously desired Bimini. I totally agree with internal ballast redesign with a couple thoughts in mind , one more weight, two better placement, three reversible pumps, and four if they choose to follow others with filtration system or equivalent for AIS issues/ check points this must be done. Cheers, Alpen

I'm confident that a collapsing bimini for the current G4 tower is coming for MY 2016. I do agree it should have been available for MY 2015, but Malibu doesn't make it in-house, so they are at the whim of the bimini suppliers.

I'm confident that a collapsing bimini for the current G4 tower is coming for MY 2016. I do agree it should have been available for MY 2015, but Malibu doesn't make it in-house, so they are at the whim of the bimini suppliers.

So your boat is for sale already with 8 hours on it? :) Edited by wakebrdr94

Word is Malibu is really going after the big Nautique's with the updated 247's.... suppose to be a really nice update... we'll see!

So your boat is for sale already with 8 hours on it? :)

I ordered mine without what was available at the time as my dealer told me GL is coming with one this month now. We'll see... I ordered the G4 for the tow in the down locked position feature and that it was the latest greatest option which keeps the boat as current as possible as new models roll off in the next few years.

So your boat is for sale already with 8 hours on it? :)

Well, hopefully this wont follow the general rule that you must by a current model year boat to get the current model year upgrades. I'm pretty sure that wont apply to biminis. I think you can buy clamping racks for older boats, if you want them.

Word is Malibu is really going after the big Nautique's with the updated 247's.... suppose to be a really nice update... we'll see!

This is what I'm waiting for….Put me 1st in line…... :clap:

Cory, are you changing Models? Why such quick move? Congrats whatever the reason, can't wait to hear what's behind door number 16!

My guess would be if they are doing a big overhaul it will go back to the 25 LSV. Not sure the mid hull hockey stick 247LSV logo would be that sharp. If this is the case, I prey for a big block option. No replacement for displacement. Not likely I know but we can dream right

Cory, are you changing Models? Why such quick move? Congrats whatever the reason, can't wait to hear what's behind door number 16!

Let me respond for Cory and nip this rumor in the bud... he ain't getting a new sled next year. Certainly not over a bimini.

I have every confidence that we G4 owners will be able to get a proper bimini whenever they drop. Malibu won't force a new boat upgrade on what's basically an accessory.

Waiting patiently...

Malibu won't force a new boat upgrade on what's basically an accessory.

You guys crack me up.

No, they wouldn't do that. But I bet they come out with a sweet upgrade/accessory/new rig that you can't live without :)

Edited by DocPhil