Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

Be a shame if they messed up the vtx dash. Very functional as is without video game guages. Only changes I'd like to see would be a swap in piece for the center cushion to use as a step, and get rid of the vinyl on the hatches entirely in favor or seadek or something similar.

Be a shame if they messed up the vtx dash. Very functional as is without video game guages. Only changes I'd like to see would be a swap in piece for the center cushion to use as a step, and get rid of the vinyl on the hatches entirely in favor or seadek or something similar.

That VTX dash was on my 2014 LSV, and everyone that drove that boat said how just god awful terrible it was. Not user friendly at all and really poorly planned out.

That VTX dash was on my 2014 LSV, and everyone that drove that boat said how just god awful terrible it was. Not user friendly at all and really poorly planned out.

Anyone who likes the iPad as a dash isn't going to like the old dash ;). Vtx is aimed at the kind of folks who buy ski boats, and I've never heard anyone wishing for more video screens.

I loved it. Course buoys were not obscured as they got closer. I failed to see the gripes but that's par for the course out of me.

The VTX actually had more of a media setting than the current one. All the functions were spread out poorly and the dash as a whole was just a big user friendly failure

I loved it. Course buoys were not obscured as they got closer. I failed to see the gripes but that's par for the course out of me.

I can't see how any of the dashes would obsure a buoy unless you're super short. I look way over my dash and it obscures nothing

I can't see how any of the dashes would obsure a buoy unless you're super short. I look way over my dash and it obscures nothing

Out front, you're right, but when you're splitting them, I simply preferred the VTX dash for visibility.

ahopkins22LSV

I think the point, if there is one is that people who drive ski boats might be looking for different things than people who primarily surf/wakeboard/play with the stereo system.

Have you used the ZO controls that are integrated into the Mastercraft dash? Wayyyyyyyyy better that the standard ZO screen or the current VTX dash. If they make something like that happen on the TXi and VTX, I don't know a skier who would complain.

I also, honestly, think that the VTX is aimed at the entry level boat that does it all for families and it being at to ski quite good is just a perk. And most people are going to want the new dash. I know they advertise it hard as the best skiing v-drive, but that is just my opinion.

The new dash sits lower and more out of the way, plus can be spun almost completely out of site. I'd say it's a split between PW2's lift feature and the new dash for the best innovation of this model year. Everyone who's seen our new dash loves it, so easy to use and everything is where it makes sense to be. you don't have the stereo controls taking up the main screen when you want to use them, like the old one. You actually can see your RPMs and MPH at the same time

• Like 3

Have you used the ZO controls that are integrated into the Mastercraft dash? Wayyyyyyyyy better that the standard ZO screen or the current VTX dash. If they make something like that happen on the TXi and VTX, I don't know a skier who would complain.

I also, honestly, think that the VTX is aimed at the entry level boat that does it all for families and it being at to ski quite good is just a perk. And most people are going to want the new dash. I know they advertise it hard as the best skiing v-drive, but that is just my opinion.

If it is the same as what is in a 2012 WTT then yes because it has nice analog gauges, and where they mount their touchscreen by your right hand makes a lot of sense.

The current TXI dash is a bunch different than the VTX dash. I like buttons more than touch screens which is one reason I prefer the current center screen in the current VTX dash.

Entry level boat - wow ;)

The new dash sits lower and more out of the way, plus can be spun almost completely out of site. I'd say it's a split between PW2's lift feature and the new dash for the best innovation of this model year. Everyone who's seen our new dash loves it, so easy to use and everything is where it makes sense to be. you don't have the stereo controls taking up the main screen when you want to use them, like the old one. You actually can see your RPMs and MPH at the same time

Just realized - they already screwed up the VTX dash - carry on. I'm talking about the one in the 2012 that more closely resembles the current TXI dash. <where is that embarrassed smiley)

malibu-20-vtx-55093010130348486754675756

yes, this looks like it sucks

2014Steering.jpg

Edited by oldjeep

Just realized - they already screwed up the VTX dash - carry on. I'm talking about the one in the 2012. <where is that embarrassed smiley)

I actually liked that dash quite a bit. the current one is easily the worst dash int he industry. They need to upgrade to the new dash they have on the other models, that things is probably one of the best in the industry

ahopkins22LSV

If it is the same as what is in a 2012 WTT then yes because it has nice analog gauges, and where they mount their touchscreen by your right hand makes a lot of sense.

The current TXI dash is a bunch different than the VTX dash. I like buttons more than touch screens which is one reason I prefer the current center screen in the current VTX dash.

Entry level boat - wow ;)

Not even close to the 2012 WTT. Try to get in a 14 or newer PS.

I am well aware the dashes are different. I wouldn't be surprised that they are are similar moving forward. If anything the TXi won't follow suite.

By entry level I meant: Smaller, easy to tow, garage friendly, don't need massive amounts of ballast, nor a motor upgrade, does everything well, still has decent space and storage. If you aren't sure which direction your family is going as far as a water sport it is a great option. Or if you like doing it all, it is a great option.

Not even close to the 2012 WTT. Try to get in a 14 or newer PS.

I am well aware the dashes are different. I wouldn't be surprised that they are are similar moving forward. If anything the TXi won't follow suite.

By entry level I meant: Smaller, easy to tow, garage friendly, don't need massive amounts of ballast, nor a motor upgrade, does everything well, still has decent space and storage. If you aren't sure which direction your family is going as far as a water sport it is a great option. Or if you like doing it all, it is a great option.

Pretty much no chance of me getting into a 14+ PS. The promo driver I know has dropped out of the program and the other local guy did too. I assume they found someone new. The poor resale of the last bunch of boats pretty much did them in. I'll be interested to see how many are left next year or if MC comes up with some sort of deal to buy back some of the 2014s.

Looking at a picture the ZO screen looks nice, but no gauges except the one that is buried down below the level of the throttle lever?

ahopkins22LSV

Pretty much no chance of me getting into a 14+ PS. The promo driver I know has dropped out of the program and the other local guy did too. I assume they found someone new. The poor resale of the last bunch of boats pretty much did them in. I'll be interested to see how many are left next year or if MC comes up with some sort of deal to buy back some of the 2014s.

Looking at a picture the ZO screen looks nice, but no gauges except the one that is buried down below the level of the throttle lever?

I agree the gauge placement isn't' the best but, the ZO interface is awesome.

How about these for 2016:

• Hinged seats cushions everywhere
  • Seadeck
  • Adjustable driver's seat height
  • walk though transom without stepping all over seats......like the older VLX models.
  • Full wetsounds option
  • More storage for ballast bags or lead to be hidden
  • Hydraulic steering
  • more factory ballast

I would put money on the VTX getting an update since it doesn't have the new dash. Hopefully they don't mess up the ski-ability of the hull. It is currently too narrow to accept the new dash, so either the dash has to shrink or the boat has to widen.

I agree with 247 update as well. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the TXi get an updated dash/interior. Doubt it would be a new hull yet.

Axis I bet the A24 gets an update to be inline with the A22 gel/interior designs.

Will be interesting to watch!

Re the VTX being too small that the new dash won't fit, I suspect that is no longer a problem. The 22VLX has an Australian-specific hull mould at exactly 2.5m (to fit in with towing laws) and it has the new dash - the VTX will hopefully be ok now??