Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2016 product line info?

DarkSide

:shocked: I expected a redesign of the 247, but you have me wondering about the other 3. Really curious to see if the axis is a redesign or a new model. With their current lineup, including the new T-23, I wonder what the change would be. T-20? Maybe a redesign of the dashes in the lineup? Either way Im pumped to see the changes

Doc,

Absolutely, i suspect F150 will be included as a factory option... That has never been done before...LOL

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 3

Doc,

Absolutely, i suspect F150 will be included as a factory option... That has never been done before...LOL

F150vlx, its a 15 footer with the f150 ecoboost motor

• Like 1

I guess building trailers isn't rocket science, but it seems like a big thing to take on that'll require a whole other facility.

It makes sense to me. Has to be less complex than building towers. I can say i am less than impressed with the boatmate version.
  • Like 1

This morning's call confirmed some of your predictions.

1. Malibu will produce thier own trailers.

2. 4 new/redesigns for 2016 3 Malibu 1 Axis

3. "Something new to marine industry" ?????

When does this become "Public"?

I meant when does this become public to the common folk like myself? Like when can dealers start talking about this and when will we know what 4 changes are going to be? End of summer before the hype of boat shows? Gotta sell those '15's while they can and not get people to hold out one more year.

Edited by ac88926

I meant when does this become public to the common folk like myself? Like when can dealers start talking about this and when will we know what 4 changes are going to be? End of summer before the hype of boat shows? Gotta sell those '15's while they can and not get people to hold out one more year.

Not sure, all i have is the info from the earnings call this morning, which is public.

Malibu branded/manufactured trailers will start shipping with 2016's in July. They are ramping up now.

It will also likely be spread throughout the year. Like most people i suspect 247 will get major overhaul. I also think it will be ready almost immediately. The other boats likely spread out throughout the year.

As for the vague "never before" innovation, that will likely hit at start of 2016 as well. Like the new dash and PW2 did last year.

I would think dealers either already know, or will know very soon. They have to start ordering 2016 boats fairly soon, as 2016 production starts in 8 weeks.

Got ya. I didnt know that call was public. I assumed you possibly worked with a dealer, were a dealer, or were close friends with a dealer that leaked some info.

ahopkins22LSV

I would put money on the VTX getting an update since it doesn't have the new dash. Hopefully they don't mess up the ski-ability of the hull. It is currently too narrow to accept the new dash, so either the dash has to shrink or the boat has to widen.

I agree with 247 update as well. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the TXi get an updated dash/interior. Doubt it would be a new hull yet.

Axis I bet the A24 gets an update to be inline with the A22 gel/interior designs.

Will be interesting to watch!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

I know nothing more than any of you, significantly less than others. But it does still fascinate me. The other take away for me is Malibu is killing it in the sales arena. 980 boats this quarter. So i would not expect a price drop anytime soon. Also warranty spending is DOWN, so some of the quality control issues must be in check. Shipping more boats, yet spending less on warranty means significantly less claims per boat.

I know nothing more than any of you, significantly less than others. But it does still fascinate me. The other take away for me is Malibu is killing it in the sales arena. 980 boats this quarter. So i would not expect a price drop anytime soon. Also warranty spending is DOWN, so some of the quality control issues must be in check. Shipping more boats, yet spending less on warranty means significantly less claims per boat.

And if folks are still paying out the a$$, they are going to keep going up in price until that bubble bursts.

Does the bubble burst or just stabilize?

hard to say. Definitely burst last time ('08).

But (relatively) cheap gas and a (relatively) stable but definitely not overheated economy would argue against bursting bubbles in the near term.

It will reach equilibrium at some point. They will keep raising prices until the demand starts to slow. Right now they have best of both worlds, rising prices and rising demand. The only loser is the next consumer.

• Like 1

I here the Wakesetter graphics are going to be ghosted in....

Something more subtle would be a welcomed change. The enormous contrasting stickers on the side of the boat are ridiculous to me. Trust me, you look just as silly as this guy below

searay_zps4zrosg3k.jpg

Come on Afun, now is the time for you to profess your love for huge branding stickers.... Don't be shy